ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-03-2019, 11:43 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Vegas has the Colts as 1 point underdogs, if that makes you feel any better.
But as I understand it every team is given a base of 3 points for being at home. Adjusted for that Vegas sees this as even, or that the Colts have a slight advantage.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
But as I understand it every team is given a base of 3 points for being at home. Adjusted for that Vegas sees this as even, or that the Colts have a slight advantage.
3 points is a rough estimate, but yes, but that's because its a factor that needs to be considered because its advantageous to play at home, just like Kelly's and Geathers availability are factors that need to be considered.

When the impact of all of these factors, among many others, are assessed, the Vegas oddsmakers are telling us that it's more likely than not that the Texans will win this game - despite the widespread media opinion that the Colts will win. I just hope the Colts don't listen to too much of that stuff.

And yes, I'm aware that odds are not necessarily a true reflection of who is likely to win, but rather a product of the goal of equal betting on both sides.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:02 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Interesting that Wilson has been sacked that much, the narrative I keep hearing is that the OL is finally fixed in Seattle. Guess not.
Yes, they've improved at run blocking, and not all of the sacks are on them.

Wilson, due to his small stature probably takes more 7 step+ drops than anybody in the NFL. It makes it easier to locate him, because teams know where his launching point will be most of the time.

Also, let's not discount who his OC is in all of this. Scrotumheimer certainly contributed to Brissett's weekly beating last season.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
3 points is a rough estimate, but yes, but that's because its a factor that needs to be considered because its advantageous to play at home, just like Kelly's and Geathers availability are factors that need to be considered.

When the impact of all of these factors, among many others, are assessed, the Vegas oddsmakers are telling us that it's more likely than not that the Texans will win this game - despite the widespread media opinion that the Colts will win. I just hope the Colts don't listen to too much of that stuff.

And yes, I'm aware that odds are not necessarily a true reflection of who is likely to win, but rather a product of the goal of equal betting on both sides.
Widespread media opinion? The only one of those I've seen is "OMG DESHAUN WATSON! TEXANS WILL WIN!"
Old 01-04-2019, 01:20 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside asshole View Post
Practically every talking head this week besides Deon Sanders is picking Colts. For some reason this makes me nervous.
This game is probably a toss up. Hopefully the lines come up big for the Colts on Saturday.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 11:10 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Widespread media opinion? The only one of those I've seen is "OMG DESHAUN WATSON! TEXANS WILL WIN!"
I think plenty of people are picking the Colts.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
This game is probably a toss up. Hopefully the lines come up big for the Colts on Saturday.
I just heard the stat that in 22 starts in his college and pro games, Deshaun has never lost a game by more than 8 points. I think this game will go the same way......I'm thinking 1-3 points will be the winning margin. I have a feeling this game will go down to the wire. Vinny for the win??????
Old 01-04-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I think plenty of people are picking the Colts.
Most.

I've consumed a lot of sports media over the last week and about the only person I've seen consistently pick against the Colts is Deon Sanders. And he's an asshole.
The Following User Says Thank You to southside asshole For This Useful Post:
Spike (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside asshole View Post
Most.

I've consumed a lot of sports media over the last week and about the only person I've seen consistently pick against the Colts is Deon Sanders. And he's an asshole.
Really? I saw two things, one from NFLN and one from FS1, where most of the analysts in the segment were just fawning over DeShaun Watson and picking the Texans because of it. One of them even said Luck has a history of performing poorly in the playoffs.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Really? I saw two things, one from NFLN and one from FS1, where most of the analysts in the segment were just fawning over DeShaun Watson and picking the Texans because of it. One of them even said Luck has a history of performing poorly in the playoffs.
Hmm. Maybe opinions are more split that I'm aware.