ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-29-2018, 02:01 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Yeah, I shot from the hip saying it would be the Jags. Texans take it by 2 games.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,606 Times in 933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
I looked at the Texans remaining schedule and based on that, I think they will win it, likely get to at least 9 wins.

Broncos
Redskins
Titans
Browns
Colts
Jets
Jaguars
Eagles

If they go even 4-4 with that fairly easy schedule they are at nine wins

Colts would have to win 6 of 8 to 9 wins, a tall order for a team currently 3-5 and with a suspect D.
If the Colts are going to win the division they have to beat the Texans. They'll lose to the Redskins and Eagles, likely. They also typically drop games they should win in division. I could easily see that schedule having 5 or 6 losses for them. The only near sure thing wins I see there are Cleveland and the Jets.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:24 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If the Colts are going to win the division they have to beat the Texans. They'll lose to the Redskins and Eagles, likely. They also typically drop games they should win in division. I could easily see that schedule having 5 or 6 losses for them. The only near sure thing wins I see there are Cleveland and the Jets.
Watson could also get hurt. Either way, they're the favorite at the moment. Colts odds would be much better had they won one of CIN/HOU/PHI.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:27 PM

Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I believe that the Colts will either win the division, or lose it because of the loss (instead of a tie) against the Texans in the 4th game of the season.

o
Will you stop beating that fucking dead horse?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (10-31-2018), Puck (10-29-2018), Racehorse (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 07:45 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote:
o

I believe that the Colts will either win the division, or lose it because of the loss (instead of a tie) against the Texans in the 4th game of the season.

If they beat the Raiders and the Jaguars in their next 2 contests, then back-to-back home games against the Titans and the Dolphins will be huge. I think that they need to (at a minimum) win at least 3 out of their next 4 games to keep themselves in reasonable striking distance of winning the division ........ starting the season at 1-5 will put that kind of pressure on a team, even when playing in a mediocre division such as the AFC South.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

Will you stop beating that fucking dead horse?

o

It's not a "dead horse." It's a difference of a full game in the standings.

The Texans, with their current 5-game winning streak and 5-3 overall record are looking like the biggest obstacle to the Colts winning the divisions right now.

As it stands now, the Colts need to make up 2 games on them in the second half of the season in order to prevail.

That said, the Colts themselves need to put everything that has happened in the first 8 games of the season in the rear-view mirror and have tunnel vision from here on out. That game could very well come into play in the final 2 weeks of the season, but the Colts themselves cannot worry about that. They need to concern themselves about getting to 4-5 in their next game ........ and if they should do so, then be solely concerned with getting to 5-5 after that.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 10-29-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:53 PM

Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote:
o

The Texans, with their current 5-game winning streak and 5-3 overall record are looking like the biggest obstacle to the Colts winning the divisions right now.

As it stands now, the Colts need to make up 2 games on them in the second half of the season in order to prevail.

o

You've explained your position over and over and over again, so yes it's beating a dead fucking horse.

I will never fault my coach for playing to win the game, neither will Irsay and neither will the players on the sideline.

That's my position...so let's not bring this shit up anymore, as it's water under the bridge.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Puck (10-30-2018), Racehorse (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 07:58 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

That said, the Colts themselves need to put everything that has happened in the first 8 games of the season in the rear-view mirror and have tunnel vision from here on out. That game could very well come into play in the final 2 weeks of the season, but the Colts themselves cannot worry about that. They need to concern themselves about getting to 4-5 in their next game ........ and if they should do so, then be solely concerned with getting to 5-5 after that.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

You've explained your position over and over and over again, so yes it's beating a dead fucking horse.

I will never fault my coach for playing to win the game, neither will Irsay and neither will the players on the sideline.

That's my position...so let's not bring this shit up anymore, as it's water under the bridge.

o

I've also made my position clear that I continue to completely support Frank Reich overall, regardless of that ill-fated decision.

The Colts are more than twice as better off with Reich than they were with Pagano, and I believe that Reich's intestinal fortitude as a player (engineering the 2 biggest comebacks ever in college and pro football history 8 years apart in 1984 and 1992) is showing loud and clear as the commander of this ship.

And the players (and Jim Irsay) would have supported Reich, regardless of whatever decision that he made in the game (as they should.)

So yes, now we can stop talking about it.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (10-29-2018)
Old 01-07-2019, 07:19 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

If they beat the Raiders and the Jaguars in their next 2 contests, then back-to-back home games against the Titans and the Dolphins will be huge. I think that they need to (at a minimum) win at least 3 out of their next 4 games to keep themselves in reasonable striking distance of winning the division ........ starting the season at 1-5 will put that kind of pressure on a team, even when playing in a mediocre division such as the AFC South.

o
o

(2 AND-A-HALF MONTHS LATER)

The Colts lost the battle (the division title), but they won the war (the playoff game against the Texans.)

And as another poster pointed out, the Colts may actually be better off not having won the division ........ if they had won it, the playoff game that they just won would have been played in Indianapolis, but they would be traveling to New England this coming week instead of to Kansas City ........ and I feel better about our chances at KC instead of at New England for this particular round.

The only bad thing about settling for the #6 seed instead of getting the division title (and the #3 seed) is that there is no chance that the Colts will be hosting the AFC Championship game should they make it that far ........ if you recall, when the Colts won the 2006 season Super Bowl, they hosted the AFC Championship game against the Patriots because both teams upset the top 2 seeds in the divisional playoff round (the Colts beat the #2 seed Baltimore Ravens, and the Patriots beat the #1 seed San Diego Chargers.)

o

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-07-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
The only bad thing about settling for the #6 seed instead of getting the division title (and the #3 seed) is that there is no chance that the Colts will be hosting the AFC Championship game should they make it that far ........ if you recall, when the Colts won the 2006 season Super Bowl, they hosted the AFC Championship game against the Patriots because both teams upset the top 2 seeds in the divisional playoff round (the Colts beat the #2 seed Baltimore Ravens, and the Patriots beat the #1 seed San Diego Chargers.)

o
"Bad thing?"

Personally, I relish the thought of going into the Patriots home and punching Josh McDaniels in his dick.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phelanka7 For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (01-08-2019), FatDT (01-08-2019), sherck (01-08-2019), smitty46953 (01-08-2019), Tanner (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelanka7 View Post
"Bad thing?"

Personally, I relish the thought of going into the Patriots home and punching Josh McDaniels in his dick.
I'd enjoy punching tommy terrific's dick, too, but I suspect it will be stored in Giselle's purse for safekeeping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Phelanka7 (01-09-2019), Tanner (01-08-2019)