ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-21-2017, 03:17 PM

Default Ross Travis?

What do you guys know about him? I've had a lot of time yesterday and today listening to The Fan as I'm driving from NJ to Indy for the holiday and his name keeps coming up. I barely remembered we signed him at the end of Nov from KC. The mention that particularly stood out for me was from Rick Venturi.....he was going through the roster naming those that he thinks will be cut and those resigned and he doesn't normally go over the top in praises but he was very high on what he's seen of him in practice. He thinks a combo of Doyle, Swopes, and Travis will be an asset for a new coach to exploit. Seems he played basketball at Penn State before converting to football and has trained underneath Travis Kelcie and Tony Gonzalez in learning to play tight end. Don't know anything more but was curious about what any of you have seen or heard about him. He may get some serious playing time Saturday. If so I plan to watch him and see what he can do.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:55 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
What do you guys know about him? I've had a lot of time yesterday and today listening to The Fan as I'm driving from NJ to Indy for the holiday and his name keeps coming up. I barely remembered we signed him at the end of Nov from KC. The mention that particularly stood out for me was from Rick Venturi.....he was going through the roster naming those that he thinks will be cut and those resigned and he doesn't normally go over the top in praises but he was very high on what he's seen of him in practice. He thinks a combo of Doyle, Swopes, and Travis will be an asset for a new coach to exploit. Seems he played basketball at Penn State before converting to football and has trained underneath Travis Kelcie and Tony Gonzalez in learning to play tight end. Don't know anything more but was curious about what any of you have seen or heard about him. He may get some serious playing time Saturday. If so I plan to watch him and see what he can do.
In the one game I've seen him play, he's certainly looked better than Darrell Daniels.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:24 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
In the one game I've seen him play, he's certainly looked better than Darrell Daniels.
Darrell Daniels is a waste of snaps that should go to real players.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:50 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

He made some plays last game. That's more than can be said about a number of guys on this team. It's enough to keep him around during the off-season, see what he does in training camp.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:01 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

I read a few things about him recently. As said above, former basketball player turned tight end. Played for KC under kelce. Needs to add weight especially if he wants to be blocking anyone. Apparently ballard likes him but I wouldnt expect he is more than TE3 assuming swoope comes back healthy.