ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-16-2022, 04:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default January 6 hearing will show Trump pressure campaign on Pence

January 6 hearing will show Trump pressure campaign on Pence

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/15/polit...ils/index.html

The House January 6 committee will use its third June hearing to make the case that then-President Donald Trump's pressure campaign on his vice president to overturn the 2020 presidential election "directly contributed" to the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol, which put Mike Pence's life in danger, aides said on Wednesday.

Committee aides said Thursday's hearing will focus on how Trump had driven the pressure campaign against Pence despite being told by lawyers in the White House counsel's office that the vice president did not have the authority to unilaterally subvert the election results. The panel also intends to demonstrate at the hearing that there's an "ongoing threat" to democracy from people advocating the false view that the 2020 election was rigged, the aides said.
The committee plans to move from the origination of the theory put forward by Trump attorney John Eastman that Pence had the authority to overturn the election results through Trump's weeks-long pressure campaign that led to the insurrection. The hearing, aides said, will include new materials about what Pence was doing on January 6, including his whereabouts.
Much of Thursday's presentation will be led by Democratic Rep. Pete Aguilar of California, and a committee counsel also will be asking questions during Thursday's hearing.

The panel, according to committee aides, once again plans to weave live witness testimony with depositions the panel has on video. On Tuesday, the committee teased video from former Trump White House attorney Eric Herschmann saying that he had told Eastman on January 7 that he should "get a great effing criminal defense attorney."
Greg Jacob, who served as counsel to Pence when he was vice president, and J. Michael Luttig, a retired judge and informal Pence adviser, will testify before the committee on Thursday. While former Pence chief of staff Marc Short is not testifying Thursday, aides said that his deposition testimony is expected to be shown.
Speaking with CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday, Short said he had spoken with the Secret Service the day before the attack on the US Capitol.
"On the 5th I did talk to Tim," Short said of the lead Secret Service agent on Pence's detail. "At that point it did become clear that the disagreements that had been discussed and the staff were about to become far more public, and I think with thousands of people descending on Washington with hopes of a different outcome, I just thought it was important that they be alerted to that, but I did not have any specific intelligence. I did not have any knowledge that the Capitol would be attacked the way it was."
The New York Times has reported that Short warned the Secret Service that Trump was going to turn on Pence and that there could be a security risk to the vice president.
Asked if Pence believed that Trump's public pressure campaign against him was endangering him, Short said, "I think the vice president felt secure with the Secret Service around him. I don't think any of us ever envisioned what would happen on January 6."
Short told Blitzer of Trump: "I think ultimately the buck stops with the President."
"He has responsibility to listen to advice or discard advice, but I also think that there were people around the President who I think served him very poorly and I think gave very poor advice."
Old 06-16-2022, 04:45 PM

CNN is the laughing stock of media outlets. It was not an insurrection. It was a riot, yes. It nowhere nearly met the criteria to be considered an insurrection. This was merely a witch hunt on Trump, which I could give a shit less about. CNN and a few others keep calling this something it wasn't.
Racehorse (06-16-2022), Spike (06-17-2022)
Old 06-16-2022, 09:37 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
CNN is the laughing stock of media outlets. It was not an insurrection. It was a riot, yes. It nowhere nearly met the criteria to be considered an insurrection. This was merely a witch hunt on Trump, which I could give a shit less about. CNN and a few others keep calling this something it wasn't.
A group of people tried to force the V President of the US to change the results of a legal election. Its sedition and an insurrection, as a group of people attacked federal authorities, caused property damage and and killed officers of the law.

AND the piss poor attempt to cover their tracks, since none of them understand that emails are forever. BTW, thats where they left a trail of conspiracy, dumbassery, and prayers for a pardon.

Not an insurrection? Why where the conspirators asking for pardons?
Old 06-17-2022, 01:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
CNN sucks. Their ratings are abysmal. So abysmal that they are now changing their approach to the so called news. New sheriff in town for them. Bye Alka Seltzer and Acosta, fucking hacks. Edited this because I forgot Lemon Head.

Everything woke goes broke! Disney and Netflix are finding that out.

Last edited by Spike; 06-17-2022 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2022, 02:13 PM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
CNN sucks. Their ratings are abysmal. So abysmal that they are now changing their approach to the so called news. New sheriff in town for them. Bye Alka Seltzer and Acosta, fucking hacks.

The new motto is: Woke is Broke
Spike (06-17-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 02:45 PM

Thanked 2,650 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
The new motto is: Woke is Broke

So the NFL is going broke?

Guess I need to start watching the USFL or XFL instead.
Old 06-17-2022, 03:12 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
So the NFL is going broke?

Guess I need to start watching the USFL or XFL instead.
Give it some time if they keep up with their nonsense. The NBA ratings have gone down the shit hole.
Old 06-17-2022, 06:47 PM
Post whore

Quote:

Disney? Broke? LOL!

https://wdwnt.com/2022/05/lawsuit-re...ment-district/

Disney has been spending its money to maintain its Florida properties. Now they are off the hook, and local tax payers are looking at a huge tax bill.

Disney has a shit ton of money and they could pick up and move to any where in the US and that new location would give them carte blanche. The Disney Channel makes more money than the park.

Who watches netflixs?
Old 06-18-2022, 01:16 AM
Post whore

Disney reported an operating loss of $887 million related to its streaming services in the quarter — up from a loss of $290 million a year ago. For the first six months of Disney's fiscal year, it has lost about $1.5 billion.

Hey, but thet us not let facts get in the way of your bulllshit narratives. So damn sick of your leftist bullshit. Just fucking stop!
JAFF (06-18-2022), Lov2fish (06-18-2022)
Old 06-18-2022, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Disney reported an operating loss of $887 million related to its streaming services in the quarter — up from a loss of $290 million a year ago. For the first six months of Disney's fiscal year, it has lost about $1.5 billion.

Hey, but thet us not let facts get in the way of your bulllshit narratives. So damn sick of your leftist bullshit. Just fucking stop!
Liberals do not deal in facts. They do not understand the meaning of irony. They absolutely do not comprehend hypocrisy, which they are astute at.

I don't argue with em much, they will drag you down to their level of retardation.
Racehorse (06-18-2022), Spike (06-18-2022)