ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Your reasoning is solid, but I think this is more what you would do rather than what Ballard will do. While I agree that he'll be more active, I expect him to stay consistent with what he's said: he places a value on a player and won't go over it. I don't think there's any way he puts a $12MM/year value on Williams.
Maybe, Ballard seems to know these AFC west players pretty well. $12 might be a little high, but the cap is almost 200 million. The average over four years is around 6% of your cap. That is worth a 2nd receiver who checks just about all the boxes. Also, that is just the rumor of what he wants. May not meet up with what he actually gets.

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

You can always draft a guy like Miles Boykin, Hakeem Butler, Jazz Ferguson, but receiver has a high learning curve. Will he contribute this upcoming year? I would rather draft a route runner and smooth receiver like Deebo Samuel than gamble on one of the tall guys coming out.

The Raiders are interested also. See if they throw money at him and he takes it. He might want to stay out west even though they are in a serious rebuild.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 03-06-2019 at 07:59 PM.