ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-27-2018, 12:29 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I think Houston will drop at least 2 games (1 to the Colts), the question is can the Colts win out? If yes, they have a shot at the division. If no, they still have a pretty good shot at a wild card. Going for the win and ending up losing instead of playing for the tie is looming very large in all of this. At 6-4-1, the Colts would control their own destiny in the division.
I'm pretty confident that the Texans are better than the Colts. Of course anything can happen in a single game, but I'm considering the Colts as slight to moderate underdogs going into Houston next week.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 12:38 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

I wish quoting Jim Mora would die already.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (06-19-2019), omahacolt (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 12:45 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post
I wish quoting Jim Mora would die already.
Fucking amen.

I have no idea why this is still a thing.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I'm pretty confident that the Texans are better than the Colts. Of course anything can happen in a single game, but I'm considering the Colts as slight to moderate underdogs going into Houston next week.
I wasn't impressed by them when they played the Colts in Indy, and they only got the win there because of several stupid unforced errors by the Colts. This team has improved by leaps and bounds since that first meeting, so I see no reason they wouldn't be able to win in Houston. I could also see Vegas making them slight underdogs, but if the current Colts are facing the Texans team they faced in Indy, the Colts should win.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I wasn't impressed by them when they played the Colts in Indy, and they only got the win there because of several stupid unforced errors by the Colts. This team has improved by leaps and bounds since that first meeting, so I see no reason they wouldn't be able to win in Houston. I could also see Vegas making them slight underdogs, but if the current Colts are facing the Texans team they faced in Indy, the Colts should win.
Which team are you talking about? The Texans team that has won 8 games in a row and has significantly more talent on defense?
Old 11-27-2018, 02:23 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

WC is a possibility. I dont think we win the division.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:41 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
I am a hard core homer, but it's 100% impossible for us to beat Houston next week because we will be playing Jacksonville. Ebron might catch three TD passes though and put him on pace to break Gronkowski's record for TEs :-)

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."

Last edited by Pez; 11-27-2018 at 02:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I am a hard core homer, but it's 100% impossible for us to beat Houston next week because we will be playing Jacksonville. Ebron might catch three TD passes though and put him on pace to break Gronkowski's record for TEs :-)
No. The Colts are playing Jacksonville this week. The Colts play Houston next week.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
No. The Colts are playing Jacksonville this week. The Colts play Houston next week.
Gotcha, I misunderstood why were talking about the Texans when we have to win a division game on the road this week for it to make any difference at all next week.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 12-10-2018, 09:42 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

3 games to go; current playoff situation:

4. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5-1)
Conference record: 4-5-1
AFC North record: 3-1-1
Schedule: vs. Patriots (9-4), at Saints (11-2), vs. Bengals (5-8)

Suddenly and unexpectedly, the Steelers have a three-game losing streak, the AFC’s second worst. Only the Cincinnati Bengals’ five-game skid is longer, and there’s no relief in sight for Pittsburgh until its regular-season finale. The New England Patriots are 3-4 on the road this season but are coming off a devastating loss to the Dolphins. The New Orleans Saints, meanwhile, have lost just once at home this year.

5. Los Angeles Chargers (10-3)
Conference record: 7-2
AFC West record: 2-2
Schedule: at Chiefs (11-2), vs. Ravens (7-6), at Broncos (6-7)

The Chargers, now a virtual lock to make the playoffs, have more wins than five NFL division leaders but still face a Herculean task in shedding their No. 5 seed. Even if they beat the Chiefs on Sunday to split the season series, they’re unlikely to equal Kansas City’s AFC West record, the next tiebreaker. To earn a top-four seed, they’ll have to finish ahead of the conference’s top team.

6. Ravens (7-6)
Conference record: 6-4
AFC North record: 2-3
Schedule: vs. Buccaneers (5-8), at Chargers (10-3), vs. Browns (5-7-1)

The Ravens could feel closer to a division title than to a wild-card berth after a good day Sunday. With a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and a Steelers loss, the Ravens would have approximately a 58 percent chance of snatching the No. 4 seed and a 67 percent chance of hosting a wild-card playoff game, according to the Times' simulator.

7. Indianapolis Colts (7-6)
Conference record: 6-5
AFC South record: 3-2
Schedule: vs. Cowboys (8-5), vs. Giants (5-8), at Titans (7-6)

Because both the Ravens and Colts face NFC teams this Sunday, leaving their conference records unchanged, Indianapolis can’t jump into the second wild-card spot unless it wins and the Ravens lose. The Colts stayed alive by taking down the hottest NFL team heading into Week 14. Can they follow their road win over the Houston Texans with a home victory over the hottest NFL team heading into Week 15? The Dallas Cowboys have won a league-best five straight games.

8. Miami Dolphins (7-6)
Conference record: 6-4
AFC East record: 4-1
Schedule: at Vikings (6-5-1), vs. Jaguars (4-9), at Bills (4-9)

The Dolphins were all but left for dead two weeks ago. Two straight wins later, only one of which required last-second laterals, they are creeping closer toward an unlikely postseason berth. Miami can’t claim a tiebreaker against the Colts because of its Week 12 loss in Indianapolis, so it’ll have to keep winning to keep hope alive. The Dolphins’ game Sunday should be their toughest test left.

9. Tennessee Titans (7-6)
Conference record: 5-6
AFC South record: 3-2
Schedule: at Giants (5-8), vs. Redskins (6-7), vs. Colts (7-6)

After their impressive win Thursday over the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Titans were able to take in Sunday’s chaos from afar. Despite earlier losses to the Ravens, Dolphins and Colts, Tennessee has better postseason odds than Miami, according to the Times, and is behind only the Ravens among the four 7-6 teams, according to FiveThirtyEight’s projected chances. With each week, the importance of the Titans’ regular-season finale against the Colts only grows.

Both the Ravens and the Steelers have tough games left on their schedule with two possible/probable losses on each of their slates. PIT faces NE and NO over the next two weeks and could easily find itself 7-7-1 going into their final game against CIN. BAL faces a tough TB team despite its record, @ LAC whom while they may not be playing for much I doubt will be throwing in the towel with two weeks to go and then a surging CLE team.

Indy needs to take care of business against DAL this week but if we play like we have in 5 out of our past 6 weeks, I think we can take them from what I saw of them yesterday afternoon. Finishing against the NYG and then at TEN are both winnable games.

Catching HOU is out of the question after the loss to JAX. The #6 Wildcard spot it possible/probably if we win out. I expect BAL to lose at leas 1 more so we can get ahead of them.

However, if we lose 1 out of our last 3, we will probably not make the playoffs.

Keep the faith, Colts fans.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-22-2018), FatDT (12-10-2018), Pez (12-10-2018), Spike (12-10-2018)