ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-24-2018, 05:15 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Still a lot, because a QB always has the option to throw the ball away. It's a smarter play than throwing a pick six, if not a popular one.
Sure, but it’s a hell of a lot more complicated than that. It’s also true that the coaches effectively forced a 2nd year QB to play with one arm tied behind his back. Turnovers are more likely to happen in that situation.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:32 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Still a lot, because a QB always has the option to throw the ball away. It's a smarter play than throwing a pick six, if not a popular one.
If the defense knows what you're doing pretty much every down, you should just throw the ball away every down? Or do you have to try to make plays at some point?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-24-2018), VeveJones007 (02-25-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 09:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
If the defense knows what you're doing pretty much every down, you should just throw the ball away every down? Or do you have to try to make plays at some point?
So much hyperbole here I don't know where to start. First, the defense didn't know what they were going to do "pretty much every down" as you say even if the playcalling was too predictable (I'm assuming no other NFL team has instituted a Bill Belicheat/Ernie Adams style cheating system). Second, even if the defense knew the type of playcall (run or pass) that was coming on a given down, there's still such a wide variety in each subset that the defense having that information doesn't preclude the offense from making a play, especially if the offense is very good at executing their plays (how else would the Manning led Colts have ever beat the Cheaters?). Finally, I'm only advocating throwing the ball away instead of committing a costly turnover. Brissett had many opportunities to make plays, but made a lot of mistakes, sometimes unforced mental errors, sometimes bad decisions caused by pressure. That's the cost of starting a second year 24 year old QB who isn't on the pure talent level of Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. He likely has the talent to develop into a starting caliber QB with another couple years of development, but last year, he was a big reason the team lost games late.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:04 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
The one thing I always said I had a problem with in regards to the previous regime was that their playcalling was too conservative. This illustrates that. That said, I think a thing that's overlooked by the author is the late game turnovers that plagued this team. They were probably a bigger factor in the late game collapses than the playcalling. That's why I think Brissett is best suited as a backup at this point in his career, and a healthy Luck along with some improvements in free agency and the draft could have this team back in the postseason, and crazy things can happen once you're in.
You truly are a fucking idiot. And an even bigger pussy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (02-25-2018), Racehorse (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 10:10 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

The only thing dam should say is “you guys were right and I was wrong. Every single bit of evidenced leads to this conclusion. Sorry dudes”

But he is a sackless, poor postured virgin pissface. He is this boards version of Donald trump. Except he can read.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:12 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Yeah, right. Keep us in stitches, will ya?
Old 02-24-2018, 11:47 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

You know how sometimes you shit and there is that one turd that will not go down? You flush again it's still staring back at you saying come at me bruh! So you flush again, and mother fucker that piece of shit is still there! That is Dam and his Pagano love.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-25-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 11:49 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts
Wink

Side note, I may need to adjust my diet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-25-2018), smitty46953 (02-25-2018), VeveJones007 (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 01:20 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
The only thing dam should say is “you guys were right and I was wrong. Every single bit of evidenced leads to this conclusion. Sorry dudes”

But he is a sackless, poor postured virgin pissface. He is this boards version of Donald trump. Except he can read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
You know how sometimes you shit and there is that one turd that will not go down? You flush again it's still staring back at you saying come at me bruh! So you flush again, and mother fucker that piece of shit is still there! That is Dam and his Pagano love.
I'm not apologizing for your collective delusion.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:01 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
So much hyperbole here I don't know where to start. First, the defense didn't know what they were going to do "pretty much every down" as you say even if the playcalling was too predictable (I'm assuming no other NFL team has instituted a Bill Belicheat/Ernie Adams style cheating system). Second, even if the defense knew the type of playcall (run or pass) that was coming on a given down, there's still such a wide variety in each subset that the defense having that information doesn't preclude the offense from making a play, especially if the offense is very good at executing their plays (how else would the Manning led Colts have ever beat the Cheaters?). Finally, I'm only advocating throwing the ball away instead of committing a costly turnover. Brissett had many opportunities to make plays, but made a lot of mistakes, sometimes unforced mental errors, sometimes bad decisions caused by pressure. That's the cost of starting a second year 24 year old QB who isn't on the pure talent level of Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. He likely has the talent to develop into a starting caliber QB with another couple years of development, but last year, he was a big reason the team lost games late.
You are comparing Tom Moore's offense to what they ran under Pagano's tenure? Yeah, you're a fucking idiot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-25-2018), YDFL Commish (02-25-2018)