ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

I was in row 20 at the 15yd line. Bettis fumble right in front of us

Uugghh
Brylok (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 09:25 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

I brought up a bad, bad memory so I thanked everyone who responded. That PIT game is the worst for me. Losing to NO in the super bowl is probably second. Third worst was when they rested the starters and ruined the undefeated season (to that point). Having a down year doesn't hold a candle to those games.
rcubed (12-08-2017), sherck (12-07-2017), smitty46953 (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 11:33 PM

The Pitt game was the worst. even more so than the SB.

The one that is often forgotten because it was in the year NE went 16-0 is losing to San Diego the year after the SB win. Pretty pissed after that too. Its just they had won the year before and it was expected NE would probably beat them anyway, so the bad memories are not as bad.

The team that year though was not that far behind NE. They went 13-3 and that included :
Resting starters week 17 vs Titans
That very odd SD regular season ame where every WR was hurt and manning threw 5 INTs in a quarter and AV missed the chip shot to win it
Blew a 10 point 4th quarter lead to the Pats

Then they let Billy Volek come in as a relief QB and beat them at home in the playoffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-08-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

The one that is often forgotten because it was in the year NE went 16-0 is losing to San Diego the year after the SB win. Pretty pissed after that too. Its just they had won the year before and it was expected NE would probably beat them anyway, so the bad memories are not as bad.

The team that year though was not that far behind NE. They went 13-3 and that included :
That very odd SD regular season ame where every WR was hurt and manning threw 5 INTs in a quarter and AV missed the chip shot to win it

Then they let Billy Volek come in as a relief QB and beat them at home in the playoffs.
Freeney being IR’ed and Mathis being hobbled is what did them in in 2007.

I’ll forever maintain if we’d had both of them healthy that that team would’ve beat an NE team that had slowed WAY the fuck down in terms of its offensive firepower from the beginning of the year.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:55 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
He cut the wrong way but he couldn't run at his normal speed. He and his wife had a domestic the night before and she stabbed him in the thigh with a steak knife. Just wild circumstances with that game.
Not only hat but Omaha's butt cousin (Mike Doss) knocked Harper out of the game for awhile.

At that moment, Nick Harper may have been the last guy you wanted returning that fumble recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-08-2017), smitty46953 (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 12:29 AM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post

I'll give you a like because that game was so bad I mentally blocked it. That's my #4 worst. As a single game, it should probably be #3. However, resting the starters, losing, and then losing again enraged me. I wanted Polian and Caldwell's heads after that.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:44 AM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Not only hat but Omaha's butt cousin (Mike Doss) knocked Harper out of the game for awhile.

At that moment, Nick Harper may have been the last guy you wanted returning that fumble recovery.
I totally forgot about that, but you're right. I remember it now. I only watched it the one time and saw the highlights the following days. I won't ever watch any of it again. Just too painful.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:59 AM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I'll give you a like because that game was so bad I mentally blocked it. That's my #4 worst. As a single game, it should probably be #3. However, resting the starters, losing, and then losing again enraged me. I wanted Polian and Caldwell's heads after that.
For me:
1- Actually the 95 game with AB laying in the end zone with the fucking ball in his belly... and not wrapping up and sending us to the SB!

2- Vandershank from the pits of hell.

3- Resting starters- there's been a romanticizing of Polian of late largely due to the cluster fuck of Grigs, but Polian is a fucking miserable traitor in my mind who I will never forgive. He took away a chance at immortality and in turn he crushed the spirit of an entire team that was so far ahead of the field it was insane.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:16 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
For me:
1- Actually the 95 game with AB laying in the end zone with the fucking ball in his belly... and not wrapping up and sending us to the SB!

2- Vandershank from the pits of hell.

3- Resting starters- there's been a romanticizing of Polian of late largely due to the cluster fuck of Grigs, but Polian is a fucking miserable traitor in my mind who I will never forgive. He took away a chance at immortality and in turn he crushed the spirit of an entire team that was so far ahead of the field it was insane.
Agree on #1. People forget about that game.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Freeney being IR’ed and Mathis being hobbled is what did them in in 2007.

I’ll forever maintain if we’d had both of them healthy that that team would’ve beat an NE team that had slowed WAY the fuck down in terms of its offensive firepower from the beginning of the year.
Yes that hurt the team and is the reason I think Colts would have struggled had they made it to the AFC championship game that year.

That was one of the games Brady played mediocre to bad and just was lucky to be on a good team. They did not play that well vs SD. It was a fairly ho hum boring game but SD was in it most of the way.

Rivers had an injured ACL and I think played that week. If he had been healthy I think they may have won.