ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 06-01-2017, 06:02 PM
smitty46953's Avatar
smitty46953 smitty46953 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,557
Thanks: 444
Thanked 326 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
1. They absolutely did.

2. Also, the health of the country/planet might matter a tad more than a football game.
1. Without checking I don't recall a 25 page thread bitching, moaning and complaining about any of the three? I could be wrong?

2. Gee ya think Mr. Obvious ... Was stating how it is sad that on a Football forum that politics is the most talked about. I never said football was more important than the country or the planet.

Perhaps you can climb out of your mom's basement and off your puter, grab a protest sign and hit the bricks? or not ...
__________________
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smitty46953 For This Useful Post:
Colts2006 (06-02-2017), Racehorse (06-02-2017)
  #252  
Old 06-01-2017, 08:59 PM
GoBigBlue88 GoBigBlue88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,829
Thanks: 45
Thanked 443 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
1. Without checking I don't recall a 25 page thread bitching, moaning and complaining about any of the three? I could be wrong?

2. Gee ya think Mr. Obvious ... Was stating how it is sad that on a Football forum that politics is the most talked about. I never said football was more important than the country or the planet.

Perhaps you can climb out of your mom's basement and off your puter, grab a protest sign and hit the bricks? or not ...
ColtFreaks in general is a hundred-thread bitchfest about Grigano. It has lasted for multiple years.

If you don't like a thread in the General non-football forum, maybe just ignore it? Your boy Trump is gonna be bitched about because most of this country dislikes him and sees him for what he is: a catastrophic POTUS.

Not sure how recognizing that makes me a basement-dweller. But cool. Good one, dude.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 06-01-2017, 09:09 PM
smitty46953's Avatar
smitty46953 smitty46953 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,557
Thanks: 444
Thanked 326 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
ColtFreaks in general is a hundred-thread bitchfest about Grigano. It has lasted for multiple years.

If you don't like a thread in the General non-football forum, maybe just ignore it? Your boy Trump is gonna be bitched about because most of this country dislikes him and sees him for what he is: a catastrophic POTUS.

Not sure how recognizing that makes me a basement-dweller. But cool. Good one, dude.
GBB I don't think you quite understood original intent of my post. I was stating, that for a football forum it is a shame that politics is the most talked about topic rather than football. I realize not much going on right now with the Colts, so at least it is something. Never intended for anyone to think football was more important or anything like that. Regardless of anyones political preferances. Had Hillary or Sanders won I am sure there would be just as much bitching and whining...
__________________
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!!
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 06-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 7,174
Thanks: 1,284
Thanked 267 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
GBB I don't think you quite understood original intent of my post. I was stating, that for a football forum it is a shame that politics is the most talked about topic rather than football. I realize not much going on right now with the Colts, so at least it is something. Never intended for anyone to think football was more important or anything like that. Regardless of anyones political preferances. Had Hillary or Sanders won I am sure there would be just as much bitching and whining...
Only in a more mature fashion.
__________________
If Trump were the Colts owner, omaha would be liking him because the first thing he would say to Pagano is, "You're fired!"
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Racehorse For This Useful Post:
Colts2006 (06-02-2017), smitty46953 (06-02-2017), Spike (06-02-2017)
  #255  
Old 06-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Mr. Session's Avatar
Mr. Session Mr. Session is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 314
Thanks: 58
Thanked 56 Times in 23 Posts
Default

My sister and her family voted for Trump.

I won't judge my sister personally for doing this because she is essentially an extension of her husband. Her husband is a good man and she is genuinely lucky to have him. He is also from a small town in Alabama and his family has made it evident they lack the ability to empathize with or comprehend any other perspective than that of the stereotypical white conservative Christian.

My folks are not young. To make matters worse they were both Feds. Pops was a Marine vet and worked for the GSA, Mama was with FPS before entering GSA after Pops retired. My mom has been telling me for years now that her pension is getting stretched further and further, and now I hear the situation could potentially get even worse. They are also trying to take care of my Father's 93 year old sister with moderate dementia who lacks the means to afford the necessary memory care she needs.

My Sister chose to ignore this because she is worried about herself. To an extent I understand, because eventually you make your own family and have to live your own life. What gets me hot is who does she think is going to help our folks out when they finally hit bottom? My wife and I discussed this at length this morning over breakfast and came to the conclusion that if My sister's family had no problem with an administration that is apparently hanging them out to dry, that is their burden to carry.

I had a kid at 24 and got the hell on with my life, I had to get shit poppin. I'm not even going to get into details on how she leaned on my folks into her 30's. I can see rocky times ahead. She's not going to like hearing what I have to say when she tries to tell me she can't care for mom.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (06-02-2017), omahacolt (06-07-2017), Pez (06-02-2017)
  #256  
Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 AM
GoBigBlue88 GoBigBlue88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,829
Thanks: 45
Thanked 443 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
My sister and her family voted for Trump.

I won't judge my sister personally for doing this because she is essentially an extension of her husband. Her husband is a good man and she is genuinely lucky to have him. He is also from a small town in Alabama and his family has made it evident they lack the ability to empathize with or comprehend any other perspective than that of the stereotypical white conservative Christian.

My folks are not young. To make matters worse they were both Feds. Pops was a Marine vet and worked for the GSA, Mama was with FPS before entering GSA after Pops retired. My mom has been telling me for years now that her pension is getting stretched further and further, and now I hear the situation could potentially get even worse. They are also trying to take care of my Father's 93 year old sister with moderate dementia who lacks the means to afford the necessary memory care she needs.

My Sister chose to ignore this because she is worried about herself. To an extent I understand, because eventually you make your own family and have to live your own life. What gets me hot is who does she think is going to help our folks out when they finally hit bottom? My wife and I discussed this at length this morning over breakfast and came to the conclusion that if My sister's family had no problem with an administration that is apparently hanging them out to dry, that is their burden to carry.

I had a kid at 24 and got the hell on with my life, I had to get shit poppin. I'm not even going to get into details on how she leaned on my folks into her 30's. I can see rocky times ahead. She's not going to like hearing what I have to say when she tries to tell me she can't care for mom.
Man, I feel you on so much of this. My parents are at that age where they're quickly falling apart now, and I'm actually having to start scheduling time out of my calendar to take them to doctor visits, surgical procedures, etc. I'm so fucking nervous about how much out-of-pocket they may have to incur as this continues on.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Pez Pez is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 622
Thanks: 92
Thanked 70 Times in 37 Posts
Default

To a politician, the only thing better than money is more money.
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 06-02-2017, 11:56 AM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,446
Thanks: 137
Thanked 189 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
To a politician, the only thing better than money is more money.
they love power too.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-05-2017)
  #259  
Old 06-02-2017, 12:35 PM
GoBigBlue88 GoBigBlue88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,829
Thanks: 45
Thanked 443 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Not true that I just whine about Trump being a stupid piece of shit, by the way.

Mike Pence is also a stupid piece of shit. The state of Indiana didn't event want him. Lo and behold, he's one impeachment away from the Presidency now... (Of course, he would probably be implicated in that scenario -- which won't happen -- too, so...)
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 06-02-2017, 01:14 PM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,446
Thanks: 137
Thanked 189 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Not true that I just whine about Trump being a stupid piece of shit, by the way.

Mike Pence is also a stupid piece of shit. The state of Indiana didn't event want him. Lo and behold, he's one impeachment away from the Presidency now... (Of course, he would probably be implicated in that scenario -- which won't happen -- too, so...)
no shit.

I would love to see trump out of the white house, but that puts pence in. no thanks.
If pence is ousted also, then paul ryan is in charge. no thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.