ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts
Default Anyone hear Cowturds theory?

http://www.foxsports.com/the-herd-wi.../1077080643624

Interesting but doubt it. Maybe they have Pagano the yr because he volunteered to fuck the team up and then retire after this season
Old 10-22-2017, 01:08 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

stop watching/listening to that moron.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Colt Classic (10-22-2017), rcubed (10-23-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
http://www.foxsports.com/the-herd-wi.../1077080643624

Interesting but doubt it. Maybe they have Pagano the yr because he volunteered to fuck the team up and then retire after this season
I hope Ballard has a plan in mind, because if he's winging it, then we're screwed.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:41 AM

The problem with this theory is, after watching Brissette the last two weeks, he clearly is not a franchise QB or likely even a starter on most teams.

He can't read the blitz well enough. The last 6 quarters the D has just been coming after him with all out blitzes and he has not adjusted.

I am not upset with him about it. He is a former 3rd stringer with little experience now expected to start with a poor OL and poor coaching.

But the idea what he has shown so far will translate into someone trading anything significant for him is a huge reach
Old 10-23-2017, 08:43 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Any theory that ends with Pagano fired works for me.

Alien abduction... Joins the Circus. Just gone!
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 08:45 AM

Cowherd sat up in the press box with Ballard during the USC/Stanford game (when the Colts were in town to play the Rams).

Cowherd has insinuated that it was a fairly revealing conversation, but while he doesn’t overtly report what was said or say “sources say...” he’s started to have what he seems to believe a much more informed opinion about the Colts.

I doubt if he heard that his was some grand master plan and was handed this story whole cloth. However, I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s piecing this together as a plausible/logical conclusion based off what he does know.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:03 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I get an Access Denied error when I try that link so I have no idea what you guys are discussing.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:38 AM

He is saying
1. The Colts, and Ballard in particular, knew this was a lost season from the beginning and Luck would not play this year based on his injury
2. Ballard is fine with the season being a lost one to get a high draft pick
3. He is showcasing Brissette with plans to trade him for draft picks at the end of the year
4. Also with this draft having some quality QBs available at the top, the Colts may trade that top pick they get for sucking this year for more lower picks to a team in need of a QB

It makes more sense than all the morons saying Luck will be trading for a bunch of picks, I give him that.

But as I stated the flaw so far is that someone is going to trade much for Brissette. You might get a team to give a 2nd/3rd round pick on him, but no one is getting up a #1 or multiple picks based on what he has done so far.

He has been OK, better than the other recent back ups for the Colts. But that is a very low bar.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
FatDT (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 10:20 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I don't buy that it was a calculated, step-by-step plan to tank for those exact goals.

But, I can imagine it being a fluid thing. See how Luck does, see how the team does w/out him, play it by ear. Let Pagano demonstrate that he can't coach. Let the staff demonstrate the same. Let Irsay feel the pain of a bad roster, bad staff, and look to Ballard after to fix the team.

Or, if things go better than expected, keep things w/Luck vague and try to bring him back if the team looks like they could do something w/a star QB, even a rusty and recovering one, under center.

Obviously the latter isn't going to happen now. Brisset looks worse now than ever. Doyle, Hilton, Moncrief, the OL, everyone on offense that either was good or has shown flashes seem to be regressing. Because our coaching staff has the reverse Midas touch.

The stated plan was to evaluate the staff based on player development. Well look at what hasn't happened. The writing is on the wall.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
DrSpaceman (10-23-2017), Racehorse (10-23-2017), rcubed (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 11:22 AM

I buy into points 1 and 2,,,,,from the beginning Ballard was preaching patience and the long term aspect of this rebuild. I think he was prepared for this year to be extraordinarily bad which is why I said before that I think he was ok with Pagano being the front man for this suckage while he got his ducks in a row. I thing the Cowerd theory is way off on the Jacoby business. I think Ballard bought into chucks Tolzein love (bad on him) and didn't work on the QB position until it was clear that that was a dumpster fire too. I heard that Ballard had been scouting Jacoby for quite some time in KC which is why he was able to pull the trigger so quickly when it was clear that Scott wasn't viable. Everything else that may happen re upcoming draft is just a product of everything else vs a master plan. If his plan was to showcase Jacoby to fatten him up for trade bait he would have brought him in earlier when the poor kid had time to actually learn the system vs getting his ass handed to him when his head is buried in his armband.