ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-17-2017, 09:49 AM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

I don't think the point was so much comparing their records as the ultimate outcomes of their careers due to being punching bags because their teams didn't focus on their protection and caused them to be beaten to death over time. Even in those 11-5 years Luck was getting smashed- a LOT. In some areas he can be said to have been beaten up more than David Carr. Let that sink in for a minute- this is Andrew Luck, the second coming, the one set to assume the throne of NFL Godliness- and this crap ass organization has allowed him to get hit more than David Fucking Carr! Look around at some of the trash we've pushed out there claiming to call themselves offensive linemen.

It's weird, there's this sort of collective amnesia- even when we were winning games a LOT of us would talk about how this was not sustainable that Luck was not going to last if he kept getting hit like he was. Here we are and that chicken has come to roost and everyone is like "why would he be upset about what has been going on?".

It's been basically a week since all that crap hit the media. What say Andrew Luck, Ballard, Irsay? Zero that's what... hey when is Andrew Luck going to practice? Oh that's right, they don't have a timetable for that right now...

There are three scenarios here, period:
1-They are tanking on purpose despite the claim you can't / don't do that in the NFL.
2-He has in fact had enough of this fucking circus and is forcing their hand trying to get out without tarnishing his rep by using the media to do it.
3-He is too injured to even fucking practice- and if that is the case 9 months after surgery, all the "he's gonna come back and be better than ever" ... seriously???
Old 09-17-2017, 10:07 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I don't think the point was so much comparing their records as the ultimate outcomes of their careers due to being punching bags because their teams didn't focus on their protection and caused them to be beaten to death over time. Even in those 11-5 years Luck was getting smashed- a LOT. In some areas he can be said to have been beaten up more than David Carr. Let that sink in for a minute- this is Andrew Luck, the second coming, the one set to assume the throne of NFL Godliness- and this crap ass organization has allowed him to get hit more than David Fucking Carr! Look around at some of the trash we've pushed out there claiming to call themselves offensive linemen.

It's weird, there's this sort of collective amnesia- even when we were winning games a LOT of us would talk about how this was not sustainable that Luck was not going to last if he kept getting hit like he was. Here we are and that chicken has come to roost and everyone is like "why would he be upset about what has been going on?".

It's been basically a week since all that crap hit the media. What say Andrew Luck, Ballard, Irsay? Zero that's what... hey when is Andrew Luck going to practice? Oh that's right, they don't have a timetable for that right now...

1-They are tanking on purpose despite the claim you can't / don't do that in the NFL.
2-He has in fact had enough of this fucking circus and is forcing their hand trying to get out without tarnishing his rep by using the media to do it.
3-He is too injured to even fucking practice- and if that is the case 9 months after surgery, all the "he's gonna come back and be better than ever" ... seriously???
1) since Luck has been with the colts he has been to the playoffs 3 times and to one afc championship game. people act like the colts have had zero success since he was drafted.

2) grigson and pagano were bad hires. grigson is gone. pagano will be soon. they shouldn't have gotten extensions. that is a fact. but you werent going to fire them after 2013 or 2014. and even then 3 years for a gm and coach is not much time to be honest. that is bare minimum you want to fire people or you look like the browns.

no gm or head coach hire is going to be a fool proof success. league consensus is that ballard was a good hire. is that not moving in the right direction

3) the colts did try and supply olinemen to protect luck. they just did a bad job. and the guy that did a bad job at that got fired. do you really think luck is going to throw a fit about that?

4) any coach worth his salt would have an open dialogue with luck to hear his concerns about the offense. if luck wanted a shorter passing game, they can do it. example is of when hasselbeck came in.

5) i heard the nfl doc that does all the radio shows and he says that there was no way luck was going to start the season. it didn't fit the recovery timeline for his surgery.

6) your posts are terrible. you come off as a little bitch
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-17-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
1) since Luck has been with the colts he has been to the playoffs 3 times and to one afc championship game. people act like the colts have had zero success since he was drafted.

2) grigson and pagano were bad hires. grigson is gone. pagano will be soon. they shouldn't have gotten extensions. that is a fact. but you werent going to fire them after 2013 or 2014. and even then 3 years for a gm and coach is not much time to be honest. that is bare minimum you want to fire people or you look like the browns.

no gm or head coach hire is going to be a fool proof success. league consensus is that ballard was a good hire. is that not moving in the right direction

3) the colts did try and supply olinemen to protect luck. they just did a bad job. and the guy that did a bad job at that got fired. do you really think luck is going to throw a fit about that?

4) any coach worth his salt would have an open dialogue with luck to hear his concerns about the offense. if luck wanted a shorter passing game, they can do it. example is of when hasselbeck came in.

5) i heard the nfl doc that does all the radio shows and he says that there was no way luck was going to start the season. it didn't fit the recovery timeline for his surgery.

6) your posts are terrible. you come off as a little bitch
I don't think anyone said we didn't have success since he's been here- where is that Omaha can you pull that link up? I do recall a lot of discussion about how awesome it was to see us shoot back to life so quick, how blessed we were to land another 15 year legend, but also everyone expressing the same concerns about how the dude is getting killed (and some of that was him holding the ball to let a 40 yard route develop 4 out of 5 snaps for 5 years). We did gripe about that, ignoring we did that now, is foolish.

If Luck is pissed, it's because while they might have tried, they for one reason or another, failed in that regard. We are widely regarded to be the worst team in the NFL or at least competing with the Jets for that title this year. We are fucking horrible!

"I was destined to rule the football world, now my career is sh!t, there's no way we're going to be back to contending for at least 3-4 years, but hey Jim at least you tried. Sure I'll go out there and have my career end tomorrow so you can keep bodies in those seats, sure, sure...".

The naivety around these parts has become comical. There's nothing wrong here at all, nothing. We're gonna be fine, we're probably gonna sniff the playoffs this year and win the SB next year. We'll probably win 8 straight after that.

We drafted one OL this year, a major project, in the 4th. We cut him and not only kept Scott Tolzein we started an NFL opener with him (looks like a genius GM to me...). We started an undrafted rookie FA at center!

Lookout Bill and Tom, we're coming for your records.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:52 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
I don't think anyone said we didn't have success since he's been here- where is that Omaha can you pull that link up? I do recall a lot of discussion about how awesome it was to see us shoot back to life so quick, how blessed we were to land another 15 year legend, but also everyone expressing the same concerns about how the dude is getting killed (and some of that was him holding the ball to let a 40 yard route develop 4 out of 5 snaps for 5 years). We did gripe about that, ignoring we did that now, is foolish.

If Luck is pissed, it's because while they might have tried, they for one reason or another, failed in that regard. We are widely regarded to be the worst team in the NFL or at least competing with the Jets for that title this year. We are fucking horrible!

"I was destined to rule the football world, now my career is sh!t, there's no way we're going to be back to contending for at least 3-4 years, but hey Jim at least you tried. Sure I'll go out there and have my career end tomorrow so you can keep bodies in those seats, sure, sure...".

The naivety around these parts has become comical. There's nothing wrong here at all, nothing. We're gonna be fine, we're probably gonna sniff the playoffs this year and win the SB next year. We'll probably win 8 straight after that.

We drafted one OL this year, a major project, in the 4th. We cut him and not only kept Scott Tolzein we started an NFL opener with him (looks like a genius GM to me...). We started an undrafted rookie FA at center!

Lookout Bill and Tom, we're coming for your records.
we are widely regarded as the worst team because 3 of our 5 best playes are injured. including our star qb.

we lack talent. but the cupboard isn't bare. and we don't have a bunch of dead money on the cap or soon to be dead money. players take time to develop. you draft guys you have to play them. no team can have great depth everywhere. if those draft picks work out you are hurting.

the media slammng the colts for not winning a super bowl with Luck in his first 5 years is stupid.

the colts should be slammed for employing a shit bag like pagano. he is responsible for this ship looking so bad. him throwing his coaches and grigson under the bus publicly through leaks has been a terrible look. all while he just keeps getting worse and worse.

if pagano keeps this in house and behaves like a real man, this isn't even a conversation.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:57 AM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:

I don't think you can completely absolve Luck of blame for all the hits he's taken. He holds on to the ball way to long at times.

Having said that, the line has been bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
natagu23 (09-17-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 11:40 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I don't think you can completely absolve Luck of blame for all the hits he's taken. He holds on to the ball way to long at times.

Having said that, the line has been bad.
That is on the coaches to change the offense then to stop him from doing that. 3 step drops and quicker passes, yet they continue to have him take 7 step drops behind a bad line.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:51 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Ballard and Irsay have got to show a commitment to the fans and a commitment to protect Luck, by either trading for or drafting a stud LT/RT between now and the beginning of the 2018 season.

I don't care if they over pay, I don't care if the pay too much to move up in the draft. I don't care if they trade away 1st round draft picks or some of our better players. I don't care if they sell the farm.

The cap space is there, let's not fucking waste it! BE BOLD!
Old 09-17-2017, 12:05 PM

Man I just heard a crazy stat. We beat the crap out of the OL for all the hits Luck takes- and hell yes I agree that because of a combo of scheme, lack of talent, and Luck's propensity to hold the ball forever- it leads to him getting hit far more than say NE and the dink and dunk.

That said- they just said last week's Mack run of 24 yards- was the longest for the Colts since the 2015 season!

Damn man, that just smacks of complete crapness up front for a LONG LONG LONG time. Very sad.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:22 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Man I just heard a crazy stat. We beat the crap out of the OL for all the hits Luck takes- and hell yes I agree that because of a combo of scheme, lack of talent, and Luck's propensity to hold the ball forever- it leads to him getting hit far more than say NE and the dink and dunk.

That said- they just said last week's Mack run of 24 yards- was the longest for the Colts since the 2015 season!

Damn man, that just smacks of complete crapness up front for a LONG LONG LONG time. Very sad.
Well yeah, the o-line has been bad, but Gore isn't a RB that is going to break off long runs like that either.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:27 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Well yeah, the o-line has been bad, but Gore isn't a RB that is going to break off long runs like that either.
Correct. Long runs are more of barometer of the elusiveness and speed of the RB, and the downfield blocking of the WR's and TE's than OL effectiveness.

Gore is just a grinder at this stage of his career.