ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I could see one scenario in which he still goes in the first. You need to remember that First Round contracts have the fifth year team option so a team may want to draft him in the First Round to gain that extra year of contract control. One such team could be the Raiders. They currently have first round picks 4, 24, and 27. They could even trade down a few spots from 27 and pick up more draft capital. It looks like they may be playing next year in Oakland again....and they have shown that they don't care what type of product they put on the field for the near term - although they will want to field a talented team for their debut in Vegas.

I personally wouldn't use Pick 34. The Colts window is now and they need lots of help on defense right now. He probably won't play his rookie season. He will probably play his second season - but maybe not at 100%. FatDT's write-up indicated that he relies mostly on an explosive first step - that may be gone after the injury. It is worth monitoring to see how far down he slides and may be worth it later on, but hope the Colts look elsewhere at Pick 34.
A talent like Simmons I would invest in. He could be a ten year player once he hits the field. Colts window just opened, you stay open by drafting the best talent you can.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
A talent like Simmons I would invest in. He could be a ten year player once he hits the field. Colts window just opened, you stay open by drafting the best talent you can.
Simmons could be the Colts Jaylon Smith or Myles Jack (talented defender with top 15 projection who suffers knee injury late in draft year and essentially needs a redshirt year). Those two were LBs, but both worked out pretty well for the team that drafted them. Still think Ballard will stay away because character concerns.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:38 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

I say we trade Brissett, our 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick to Arizona in exchange for their #1 pick and we take Quinnen Williams.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:45 PM
Accidental Administrator

Fair, he might not be willing to accept such a deal. Would be interesting to see how much chemistry he had with Ebron. There's rumors that he's looking for a long term $15M a year contract.

I've not followed the lions/eagles that closely, but that seems like far fatter deal than he might be worth, and the likelihood that he will still be in the League in 5 years is likely small. I like the idea of pickup up a veteran WR as a stop gap, but if we Have to pay him more than TY Hilton I doubt its a good culture fit.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...esque-contract

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 02-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I say we trade Brissett, our 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick to Arizona in exchange for their #1 pick and we take Quinnen Williams.
They're not going to give up on Rosen that quickly. I definitely approve of the idea, though, he's Aaron Donald but bigger and longer. I'd give up 26, 34, 58, and next year's 1 to get him, but I doubt they'd do even that deal.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Simmons could be the Colts Jaylon Smith or Myles Jack (talented defender with top 15 projection who suffers knee injury late in draft year and essentially needs a redshirt year). Those two were LBs, but both worked out pretty well for the team that drafted them. Still think Ballard will stay away because character concerns.
Maybe, probably depends how he interviews and interviews with coaches/family. Like I said in the other thread I give a little more leeway with a kid in high school over say Hunt who is an adult and has much more security and resources. Even though Simmons case was worse.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:22 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Stopgap signing. Get some mid round picks in to compete with Cain and Fountain and keep the best 5-6.
You misspelled Inman. Not sure how autocorrect would make it into Fountain.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:57 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
You misspelled Inman. Not sure how autocorrect would make it into Fountain.
WR1: Hilton
WR2: Tate
WR3: Inman
WR4: Cain
WR5: Fountain/mid round pick/late round pick
WR6: Fountain/mid round pick/late round pick
WR7: Fountain/mid round pick/late round pick

WR6 may or may not be on the practice squad. Why is that difficult to understand?
Old 02-16-2019, 04:42 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
WR1: Hilton
WR2: Tate
WR3: Inman
WR4: Cain
WR5: Fountain/mid round pick/late round pick
WR6: Fountain/mid round pick/late round pick
WR7: Fountain/mid round pick/late round pick

WR6 may or may not be on the practice squad. Why is that difficult to understand?
You left Inman out of the equation. It is easy to guess that you thought he was not in the mix.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
They're not going to give up on Rosen that quickly. I definitely approve of the idea, though, he's Aaron Donald but bigger and longer. I'd give up 26, 34, 58, and next year's 1 to get him, but I doubt they'd do even that deal.
If you would give up that much you have no chance of being right. Ballard wouldn’t trade that for Donald right now and neither would I
Spike (02-18-2019)