ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

I think everyone is bummed we didn't win this one. But it has been pointed out by other people, Luck is going to take some time. As you saw Wentz today, it takes time to come back, not just physically, but mentally. Luck has been out awhile.

Also we have a rookie head coach. We see a lot of good, but there will be some bad as well. We know he is already better than Pagano, but this will take time as well. Lots of learning and experience to be gained.

We were hanging with the defending champs, on their field, after they just got beat. They were killing us earlier in the game, yet we still hung with them and really could have won. Those are very good positives.

Finally, until our tackles get healthy, we are not going to see really long pass plays. They are a liability out there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (09-24-2018), Racehorse (09-24-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 09:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts2 View Post
I gotta see the tape again because I didn't see any hold. When you're rushing the QB and engaged with at least two blockers how does he hold?
He was engaged with three blockers and had him just under the pads in his chest. Considering most oline hold almost every play I think it's funny. You get a clear picture of it bc the OL started flailing.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:46 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think everyone is bummed we didn't win this one. But it has been pointed out by other people, Luck is going to take some time. As you saw Wentz today, it takes time to come back, not just physically, but mentally. Luck has been out awhile.

Also we have a rookie head coach. We see a lot of good, but there will be some bad as well. We know he is already better than Pagano, but this will take time as well. Lots of learning and experience to be gained.

We were hanging with the defending champs, on their field, after they just got beat. They were killing us earlier in the game, yet we still hung with them and really could have won. Those are very good positives.

Finally, until our tackles get healthy, we are not going to see really long pass plays. They are a liability out there.
Agree with all of this.

I think you are seeing the worth of Anthony Castonzo here in the first 3 games of the season. If he were healthy and playing, I think both CIN and PHI are much closer to wins instead of losses. Adding one top end player and letting everyone else "slide" down a position on the depth chart helps in so many ways.

I am really looking forward to seeing this team in the 2nd half of the season once the O-Line gels a bit and everyone gets more comfortable with the systems installed. We are a young team and growing and have been playing exciting football so far.

A couple of other thoughts:

- Bell. Nope. Yeah, he is an offensive weapon and could jump start our offensive system pretty easily but I don't want him at the cost it would take.

- Mack. Different story; could you imagine what our pass rush would have looked like yesterday with Mack as the top end guy? We already had 5 sacks and like a dozen pressures and knock downs. Put Mack in and all that protection slides down a person and all of a sudden, Sheard is getting single blocked on that "holding" play and is beating his man 1v1 instead of getting double teamed. I would have hated paying the price but, man, he is a guy who is worth it.

- I think Reich psyched himself out on this one. He was so convinced that the Eagles defense would destroy us that he put in a "scared" gameplan. A more aggressive gameplan might not have worked but the one we had obviously did not. Young HC; he will improve.

- Defense? Man, I am so excited by there guys. Yes, lots of missed tackles and I don't know how many times I saw multiple Colts helmets RIGHT THERE on one of their RBs at the LOS to see him run for 12 yards. They were RIGHT THERE!! I am really looking forward to seeing this defense in the 2nd half of the season.

- HOU is a mess right now and we should be able to beat them. NE is a mess right now but they always seem to have our number. I could see us be 3-2 after the next two weeks.

Keep freaking, Freaks! This is going to be an exciting ride this season.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (09-24-2018), Hoopsdoc (09-24-2018), Indystu2 (09-24-2018), Oldcolt (09-24-2018), Pez (09-24-2018), Racehorse (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 07:54 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

One thing I forgot to add and lost in the excitement and emotion of yesterday: the game started out really bad. The first quarter felt like a quarter from last year, where it just felt like the offense literally did not move and the defense ceded a ton of ground. Didn't feel like anything positive happened.

Then, obviously, things flipped. Largely thanks to the defense.

I only mention this because this "lost quarter" (for lack of a better word) reminded me 1) how miserable last year was, and the end of the Pagano era was in general and 2) how recognizing this was happening was also a reminder that it was the exception to the rule now and it's fun to watch this team again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-24-2018), sherck (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 08:34 AM

We can complain about the refs, but there were some inexcusable penalties that we committed, lining up in the neutral zone, not once but TWICE!! This was not jumping offside, this was, i can't see where the ball has been placed and i will not lineup on the defensive side of the ball.

Sheard was holding, i have no issue with the penalty being called on us, even though i was pissed at the fact, it was the right call.

Hairston's illegal contact call, was another stupid play it was 2nd or 3rd and 26 or something like that.....let him make the catch if you want, don't get called for a penalty that will give an automatic first down.

The Chester Rogers drop in the endzone was not great, and Luck could easily have run for the first down, but it was a pretty poor throw, Rogers was WIDE open. The Luck throw to Hilton on the right sideline that was almost picked, was another truly dreadful pass. He was also wide open and floated the ball to him giving the safety the chance to come over, and he ought to have picked the ball off.

Our interior OL, which people have been saying has been good at run blocking, was generally abysmal today. I accept that the Eagles DL is the best against the run, but you do have to have some success. Our RB's ran a total of 11 times for 37 yards, which is less than stellar, but you do need to actually stick to the run game, especially with the weather conditions that this game was played in. I thought that the offensive gameplan throughout was really poor. We kept leaving ourselves in 3rd and long situations, which is something that we were not doing the first two game of the season.

The defense actually had another really good game overall. The offense can not leave them out there for 40 minutes though.

I don't think that we can have a worse offensive game again though, so should be looking up for the rest of the season.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:43 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
We can complain about the refs, but there were some inexcusable penalties that we committed, lining up in the neutral zone, not once but TWICE!! This was not jumping offside, this was, i can't see where the ball has been placed and i will not lineup on the defensive side of the ball.

Sheard was holding, i have no issue with the penalty being called on us, even though i was pissed at the fact, it was the right call.

Hairston's illegal contact call, was another stupid play it was 2nd or 3rd and 26 or something like that.....let him make the catch if you want, don't get called for a penalty that will give an automatic first down.

The Chester Rogers drop in the endzone was not great, and Luck could easily have run for the first down, but it was a pretty poor throw, Rogers was WIDE open. The Luck throw to Hilton on the right sideline that was almost picked, was another truly dreadful pass. He was also wide open and floated the ball to him giving the safety the chance to come over, and he ought to have picked the ball off.

Our interior OL, which people have been saying has been good at run blocking, was generally abysmal today. I accept that the Eagles DL is the best against the run, but you do have to have some success. Our RB's ran a total of 11 times for 37 yards, which is less than stellar, but you do need to actually stick to the run game, especially with the weather conditions that this game was played in. I thought that the offensive gameplan throughout was really poor. We kept leaving ourselves in 3rd and long situations, which is something that we were not doing the first two game of the season.

The defense actually had another really good game overall. The offense can not leave them out there for 40 minutes though.

I don't think that we can have a worse offensive game again though, so should be looking up for the rest of the season.
The Eagles have Fletcher Cox and Haloti Ngata as DTs. The only team in the NFL that can compete with that is the Rams who have Donald and Suh.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:12 AM

I was at the game yesterday and my takeaways......

1. It was good to see Marvin Harrison on the sideline wearing the horseshoe but better still would be having him on the field instead of Rodgers
2. This defense is ahead of schedule and is fun to watch.
3. Luck has rust and hopefully he will feel more comfortable in another game or so. He had time......his decision making is still a bit off
4. Thank god for my Colts rain slicker. It rained the entire f-ing game
5. Eagles fans are as rude as reported.
6. This game was a missed opportunity.......we could have had it.
7. My streak of 15 straight road wins is now broken. I'm going to the Jets game in October and will hope to start a new streak.

Go Colts. 💙🏈
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Indystu2 (09-24-2018), Racehorse (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I was at the game yesterday and my takeaways......

1. It was good to see Marvin Harrison on the sideline wearing the horseshoe but better still would be having him on the field instead of Rodgers
2. This defense is ahead of schedule and is fun to watch.
3. Luck has rust and hopefully he will feel more comfortable in another game or so. He had time......his decision making is still a bit off
4. Thank god for my Colts rain slicker. It rained the entire f-ing game
5. Eagles fans are as rude as reported.
6. This game was a missed opportunity.......we could have had it.
7. My streak of 15 straight road wins is now broken. I'm going to the Jets game in October and will hope to start a new streak.

Go Colts. 💙🏈
It's amazing what one player who appears to be a star (Leonard) and another who's playing like one (Hunt) can do for a defense.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (09-24-2018), Hoopsdoc (09-24-2018), sherck (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 09:33 AM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
It's amazing what one player who appears to be a star (Leonard) and another who's playing like one (Hunt) can do for a defense.
The defense has been nothing short of a joy to watch. Especially Leonard. That dude is EVERYWHERE.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
sherck (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 09:46 AM

Curious as to why there's been no mention of Kemoko Turay, as he had 1.5 sacks against the Eagles. Any thoughts on his performance?