ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2019, 09:44 AM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Besides your mother?

Jaff is Dam's brother? Huh!
Old 02-23-2019, 10:52 AM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Jaff is Dam's brother? Huh!
I do see a striking resemblance
Old 02-23-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I don't know what to say to this. I'm not glamorizing anything. But I'm sure if you grew up poor in China you would rise above it all to be the beacon of condescending judgment you are now. Maybe you are just happy your family isn't starving to death and you can provide them with something to eat. So yeah letting a bunch of old white dudes armed with their blue pills and little pricks poke you all day. Maybe to some people that is better than dying.

That's a given.
Just to be clear, as someone who travelled to china to adopt an orphan from there last year, has seen first hand the conditions they endure and plans to travel back to adopt another child next year, the condescension I exhibit is not towards the women involved. I understate their plight. The condescension is towards those who take advantage of these women, employ them in situations that are illegal in this country and place them in situations still below even the standard of living considered poor in our society, yet justify it by thinking that providing a minimal to modest level of improvement over their deplorable, barely livable conditions in China makes it all worthwhile and A-OK
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (02-23-2019), Chromeburn (02-23-2019), Colts And Orioles (02-24-2019), FatDT (02-23-2019), JAFF (02-23-2019), Racehorse (02-23-2019), sherck (02-23-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 01:47 PM

Thanked 1,291 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Asia is very different and has very different values from the west.
Not just Asia, but most of the world from the US. Much like with drugs the best way to reduce the disgusting and shady aspects of these types of things is to legalize and regulate it.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Just to be clear, as someone who travelled to china to adopt an orphan from there last year, has seen first hand the conditions they endure and plans to travel back to adopt another child next year, the condescension I exhibit is not towards the women involved. I understate their plight. The condescension is towards those who take advantage of these women, employ them in situations that are illegal in this country and place them in situations still below even the standard of living considered poor in our society, yet justify it by thinking that providing a minimal to modest level of improvement over their deplorable, barely livable conditions in China makes it all worthwhile and A-OK
Then I apologize bc I misconstrued your post. One of my oldest friends married a Chinese woman from a small village over 10 years ago. They met when he was in peace corp. He likened it to almost a purchase when they tried to get permission from her family. A dowery on steroids was the phrase he used. But he described their situation in rural China as miserable. However I see too often Americans judging women like these for their choices when they don’t have an inkling of the differences and level of opportunity between our countries.

This is really a complicated situation and I didn’t really want to get into the details. These spas are split into nationalities also, Vietnamese, Korean, Thai, Chinese. The situations can differ according to the country they are from. The females in China are still devalued even though they have a shortage of women and are having to import them now. I’m likely not saying anything you don’t know. There is really a lot more to it, some fly in with a visa through LA or San Fran then fly again somewhere around the country to work. They do this repeatedly for years. Prostitutes that have entered the life due to a variety of reasons.

Then there is another type that are smuggled in through shipping containers and forced into servitude. These people do not enter legally and the people that smuggle them in don’t want them to see the light of day or be exposed at all. These people would not be hiding in a strip mall in the middle of white urban sprawl.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Not just Asia, but most of the world from the US. Much like with drugs the best way to reduce the disgusting and shady aspects of these types of things is to legalize and regulate it.
Tax it, use proceeds to help people immersed in it. But that will never happen bc the hardest thing for America to admit is that it Isn’t perfect and might have a problem.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 02-23-2019 at 04:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-24-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Post whore

Rub and tug...can't get that mental image out of my head.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:18 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I do see a striking resemblance
You resemble the south end of a horse headed north
Old 02-23-2019, 06:20 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
God bless you and your family.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:21 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

I'm sure his wife has always known him as a cheater. She probably runs and hides from his crooked yellow teeth ass. Why does a billionaire have crooked yellow teeth??