ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-20-2019, 06:34 AM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts
Default SI MMQB Article - Colts Offseason

Really glowing article from MMQB.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/20/co...uspension-mmqb

One comment from the article:

Quote:
"The Colts had two big-ticket free agents as targets, seen as fits for their defense."
SI's Albert Breer has already reported that the Colts were after C.J. Mosley (Listed under Ten Takeaways Point #4)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/06/mi...dwayne-haskins

Was the other target ever named? I would assume it was Landon Collins.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
JAFF (05-20-2019), Oldcolt (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 08:27 AM

Interesting article. After suffering through the Grigson era my favorite quote is this: “We’re not drafting for our egos. We’re drafting to find players for our coaches who fit their schemes and fit what they want“. It seems so obvious, bit Grigson obviously didn’t get it. I really wonder if the “success” (it wasn’t real) of Grigson’s initial draft class didn’t inflate his ego significantly.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:21 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Damn we are lucky to have this administration. I loved Ballard saying that wide receiver is deep in this next draft. Puts Funches for one year and adding that second round pick from Washington in a different light. Ballard is playing chess, thinking several moves ahead. I'm expect us to be playing meaningful December games for years to come.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (05-20-2019), Racehorse (05-20-2019), rcubed (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 05:02 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Really glowing article from MMQB.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/20/co...uspension-mmqb

One comment from the article:

SI's Albert Breer has already reported that the Colts were after C.J. Mosley (Listed under Ten Takeaways Point #4)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/06/mi...dwayne-haskins

Was the other target ever named? I would assume it was Landon Collins.
You beat me to it. Thanks
Old 05-20-2019, 05:03 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Damn we are lucky to have this administration. I loved Ballard saying that wide receiver is deep in this next draft. Puts Funches for one year and adding that second round pick from Washington in a different light. Ballard is playing chess, thinking several moves ahead. I'm expect us to be playing meaningful December games for years to come.
Give some credit to Jim and his daughter. Grigson mistake was learned, and they found a guy who has the guts to follow HIS concept.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:15 PM

I think Irsay is a great guy. He is a good owner who has learned to hire someone and then support the hell out of them. With a front office like this, it works. I give him very little credit for firing the last bunch and not much for hiring this group. He did hire Ballard, give him that. Took him way to long to decide to can Grigson/Pagano and then when he did he let Pagano talk him out of it. Then he fires the GM but keeps the coach. Then they hire a guy from NE that quits on them less than 24 hours from taking over the helm and hire a guy they didn't even think was worth looking at in the first go thru. I think we have a great front office and coach that dumb luck had a huge part in bringing together. I love dumb luck, would rather be lucky than good. Now we may be both.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:24 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I think Irsay is a great guy. He is a good owner who has learned to hire someone and then support the hell out of them. With a front office like this, it works. I give him very little credit for firing the last bunch and not much for hiring this group. He did hire Ballard, give him that. Took him way to long to decide to can Grigson/Pagano and then when he did he let Pagano talk him out of it. Then he fires the GM but keeps the coach. Then they hire a guy from NE that quits on them less than 24 hours from taking over the helm and hire a guy they didn't even think was worth looking at in the first go thru. I think we have a great front office and coach that dumb luck had a huge part in bringing together. I love dumb luck, would rather be lucky than good. Now we may be both.
This is just me and I have only my own opinion. Jim Irsay works really hard not to be his dad and fire guy in the middle of a ball game
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (05-21-2019), Racehorse (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 08:12 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I really wonder if the “success” (it wasn’t real) of Grigson’s initial draft class didn’t inflate his ego significantly.
Oh...Grigson thought that he could walk on water after that draft.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
This is just me and I have only my own opinion. Jim Irsay works really hard not to be his dad and fire guy in the middle of a ball game
I agree. I like Jim Irsay. He seems to be a good guy and a great owner who is loyal to a fault (not that I want him firing people in the middle of games)
Old 05-21-2019, 12:39 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
I agree. I like Jim Irsay. He seems to be a good guy and a great owner who is loyal to a fault (not that I want him firing people in the middle of games)

True but he should have recognized it wasn’t working with grigs and pags and fired them but instead gave them an extension. Everyone thought they were gone.

He is very committed to the team and gives everything they need to succeed. Occasionally he steps on his dick sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (05-21-2019)