ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-15-2017, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Lol awesome. Wish I could listen in and enjoy the bloodletting.
http://www.1070thefan.com/

Is link to listen live on their site.
Grady & Big Joe 10am-Noon,
Dan Dakich Noon-3pm
JMV 3pm-7pm

Spike (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Lol awesome. Wish I could listen in and enjoy the bloodletting.

Two more quotes:

From Venturi: Last night's game was the most clueless game I've seen from a totally clueless operation.

From Big Joe as they were discussing the skycam view: From this view I can see clearly why were are having protection problems. Our guys can't count....they frequently line up against the WRONG linebacker

SMDH.......He is disgusted with Philbin. That shit should be easily corrected.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:36 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Coloring book football is pretty funny.

You can play simple if you can execute better than the other team. But if you can't you just look outclassed and stupid. Almost like you don't belong in the NFL.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
http://www.1070thefan.com/

Is link to listen live on their site.
Grady & Big Joe 10am-Noon,
Dan Dakich Noon-3pm
JMV 3pm-7pm

I'm not an Indy local so I try and get podcasts. Dakich is a tough listen, almost to the point where I will save his podcasts in case I run out of everyone else.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Lol......
I'm listening to Big Joe right now and I'm worried he may stroke out doing his analysis right now about that game and this season. So far it's 20 min and he hasn't taken a breath. He's embarrassed, frustrated, and pissed off and he's REAMING Pags and his staff primarily for the fact that they have made zero progress from game 1 to game 14.

And now Venturi is on and the gloves are off re the coaching staff
-this design on both sides of the ball are coloring book football. You're going to put 3 rookie CBs in and NEVER hide the coverage? This is why we are 0-3 against osweiler......he doesn't have to do any thinking.....same for Bortles, Hoyer, Peterson and all the other non hall of fame QBs we keep losing to
-no body is getting better and many have regressed.....Brisset, Farley, VD, Moncrief, etc.....

If the coaches are parents they are guilty of criminal child abuse....this team never had a chance........

Ive never heard them this harsh in their judgement of these coaches
Love listening to Venturi.......he made same comment about how Bortles can throw for 300 yards against the Colts every time out and can't touch that number against other teams.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Any of you guys old enough to remember this ?
Meredith was great on that broadcast......a good balance to Cosell.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:

Quote:

Any of you guys old enough to remember this ???

o

I am.

I remember the game (and the night) in which it was announced that John Lennon had been shot to death, on December 8th of 1980.

Only one day before that happened (December 7th) the Colts were robbed of a miraculous comeback against the Bengals, and were eliminated from playoff contention because of it. They were losing by a score of 31-6 in the 4th quarter when Bert Jones engineered 4 touchdowns to allow his team to take a 33-31 lead. With less than a minute to go the refs bailed out the Bengals on a horrible pass interference call, and they subsequently kicked a field goal to win by a score of 34-33.

Just one week earlier, the Colts had beaten the 1st-place Buffalo Bills to vault themselves into contention.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-15-2017, 10:47 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I am.

I remember the game (and the night) in which it was announced that John Lennon had been shot to death, on December 8th of 1980.

Only one day before that happened (December 7th) the Colts were robbed of a miraculous comeback against the Bengals, and were eliminated from playoff contention because of it. They were losing by a score of 31-6 in the 4th quarter when Bert Jones engineered 4 touchdowns to allow his team to take a 33-31 lead. With less than a minute to go the refs bailed out the Bengals on a horrible pass interference call, and they subsequently kicked a field goal to win by a score of 34-33.

Just one week earlier, the Colts had beaten the 1st-place Buffalo Bills to vault themselves into contention.

o
I remember watching the MNF game when John Lennon was murdered. C&O, Colts weren't going anywhere at that time, so I hope you weren't that disappointed.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:23 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I am.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

I remember watching the MNF game when John Lennon was murdered. C&O, the Colts weren't going anywhere at that time, so I hope you weren't that disappointed.

o

1980 and 1983 were the Colts' 2 best chances of making the postseason in the six-season losing stretch between 1978-1983. A win over the Bengals that day would have made them 8-6 with 2 games left to play. That loss took the wind out of their sails, especially with the surrounding circumstances of that unbelievable comeback being taken away from them. I believe that they would have won those last 2 games if they had gotten that exhilarating win that they earned but were robbed of, and perhaps the other contenders would have had more pressure on them to close out the season because of it.

I felt bad that because of the fact that they finished at 7-9 overall, it makes a lot of people lump them in with the other losing Colts teams from 1978-1983 just prior to their departure for Indianapolis. A 10-6 finish ....... with or without a playoff berth ........ would have distinguished that team from the other losing ones from that timespan, and also would have enhanced Bert Jones' overall legacy of being a huge difference-maker in regard to when he did play vs. when he was injured.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-16-2017, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Two more quotes:

From Venturi: Last night's game was the most clueless game I've seen from a totally clueless operation.

From Big Joe as they were discussing the skycam view: From this view I can see clearly why were are having protection problems. Our guys can't count....they frequently line up against the WRONG linebacker

SMDH.......He is disgusted with Philbin. That shit should be easily corrected.
That why I love that view. Can see everything including the secondary all at the same time