ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-08-2024, 01:10 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Nabers or Odunze should be sitting there- we have to take one of those two. This team demonstrated with Steichen at the helm, it could manufacture points with a very limited set of playmakers starting with a pop-gun QB, give Steichen AR with Pittman, Downs, one of those two and likely Pierce, this thing could be stupid explosive.
If no worthy pass rusher is there and Nabers is, you have to pick him. Everything about his game reminds me of Reggie Wayne.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (01-08-2024), Racehorse (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 03:07 AM

Thanked 1,648 Times in 790 Posts

If there is a top-end WR you can realistically get, get him. But if not, I don't sweat our WR room. Our 1,2,3 will almost certainly be intact. I'll eat my own face if we don't re-sign Pittman. These guys will all have more opportunity with AR's arm talent and overall impact.

With Pass-Rusher... over the years I've just become reserved to the fact that there just aren't many of them. I'm talking about the guys that OC's have to gameplan directly against. It's like winning a scratch-off. Most of the time they're gone with premium picks (and most of the time even those picks don't pan out). And if any do happen to make it to free-agency... why? They're either low character, injured, or unrealistically expensive.

Aside from that, seems to me that the best shot might be to have an underrated kid fall slightly in the draft. And not even like a TJ Watt falling to #30 overall. But like JJ Watt or Demarcus Ware or Dwight Freeney... all three of these guys were taken at #11 overall instead of top-3 or top-5 like they probably should've been with hindsight.

So do you use your top pick on a scratch off? Or do you roll with your DL that isn't spectacular, but is solid/deep... and use that pick elsewhere? I don't know.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:45 AM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
If there is a top-end WR you can realistically get, get him. But if not, I don't sweat our WR room. Our 1,2,3 will almost certainly be intact. I'll eat my own face if we don't re-sign Pittman. These guys will all have more opportunity with AR's arm talent and overall impact.

With Pass-Rusher... over the years I've just become reserved to the fact that there just aren't many of them. I'm talking about the guys that OC's have to gameplan directly against. It's like winning a scratch-off. Most of the time they're gone with premium picks (and most of the time even those picks don't pan out). And if any do happen to make it to free-agency... why? They're either low character, injured, or unrealistically expensive.

Aside from that, seems to me that the best shot might be to have an underrated kid fall slightly in the draft. And not even like a TJ Watt falling to #30 overall. But like JJ Watt or Demarcus Ware or Dwight Freeney... all three of these guys were taken at #11 overall instead of top-3 or top-5 like they probably should've been with hindsight.

So do you use your top pick on a scratch off? Or do you roll with your DL that isn't spectacular, but is solid/deep... and use that pick elsewhere? I don't know.
I would like to see us add a CB to our mix. Anything to get Baker off the field. That could be the first or second round. That said, BPA in round 1, at position of need.
Indystu2 (02-04-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 09:53 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Hate to say it, and hard to say it after a season where we broke the sack record, but I think you have to find a new DC. Bradley is just too damn stubborn and willing to let opposing offenses click off 7-12 yard dink and dunk plays all game long. We constantly allow QB's to get in early rhythm and consume clock creating a scenario where every single offensive possession feels like it is a must score situation.
Wow, this may have been posted somewhere previously and if so, sorry for not picking up on it. Collins was targeted 9 times, caught 9 passes for 195. That's it, that's the end, no way you keep Gus Bradley after that- and I don't give a F if it was me out there at CB---- he was the ONLY thing you had do game plan for in the pass receiving scheme and you let him do that---- nope, F that, DC must go after that type of bullshit in the biggest game of the year.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:45 AM

Thanked 1,120 Times in 623 Posts

I think I’m tried of Chris Ballard’s bullshit 8 year rebuild. He hasn’t won shit. No division titles & not one home playoff game. This next year should be make or break for him
Old 01-08-2024, 10:47 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

Look at the sack leaderboard list. Aside from seeing why Justin Madubuike is about to get PAID, you'll see that many of those players were drafted much later than the top 15. Lots are actually late 3rd/early 4th round picks, oddly enough. Maybe it would be better to pay Danielle Hunter and draft Malik Nabers, if he's available, that is.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:32 AM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Wow, this may have been posted somewhere previously and if so, sorry for not picking up on it. Collins was targeted 9 times, caught 9 passes for 195. That's it, that's the end, no way you keep Gus Bradley after that- and I don't give a F if it was me out there at CB---- he was the ONLY thing you had do game plan for in the pass receiving scheme and you let him do that---- nope, F that, DC must go after that type of bullshit in the biggest game of the year.
Almost the same thing with Devante Adams the week before. No plan to take away the oppositions main pass caching weapon has become a trend.

A trend that has to end.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:45 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

At Steichens press conference this morning, he made it pretty clear they want Bradley back.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:07 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Almost the same thing with Devante Adams the week before. No plan to take away the oppositions main pass caching weapon has become a trend.

A trend that has to end.
Or maybe that's just a thing that can happen with young secondaries? I know Davante's second TD was just a great play by him and honestly couldn't have really been defended better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 01:13 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Or maybe that's just a thing that can happen with young secondaries? I know Davante's second TD was just a great play by him and honestly couldn't have really been defended better.
Thats my view. We just need experience and some key additions to this secondary and maybe even some improvement in pass-covering LBs to sub in on passing downs.