ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-07-2019, 03:16 PM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts
Default My Comfort Level....

Approaching free agency and the draft, I look at our team and see the players we have as who I am "comfortable" with seeing playing time on an NFL field. The more at a position group, the better.

That does not mean that upgrades at many positions would not be welcome; it is that I am confortable with the depth we have in positions groups. This exercise really draws the eye to those position groups that we need to strengthen:

QB: Luck, Brissett
RB: Mack, Hines, Wilkins
TE: Doyle, Ebron, Alie-Cox
WR: Hilton
OT: Castonzo, Smith, Clark
OG: Nelson, Glowinski, Haeg
OC: Kelly

DT: Hunt, Autry, Ridgeway, Lewis
DE: Sheard, Turay, Ward
MLB: Walker
OLB: Leonard
SAF: Hooker
CB: Wilson, Moore

To me, CB, Safety, OLB, MLB and WR are, by far, the most talent lacking position groups on the team.

Sure, guys like Cain, Foutain, Adams, Franklin, Hairston and Odum might surprise me this year and really come on. But those positions are screaming for an infusion of talent.

Also, I get the call for top end D-Line talent. Much like our O-Line infusion last year, the whole unit works better when the line is superior. And while I expect at least one of our top pickes to be D-Line, it would not surprise me to see CBs, Safeties, LBs and WRs to dominate most of our top 4 rounds of the draft (depending on what happens in free agency).

I think free agency will bring:

1x WR
1x Safety
1x CB

as some level of "premier" signings. Perhaps Desir or Geathers will be that signing or perhaps someone else from other teams.

I just don't see Ballard going into the draft with this many "holes" in his roster. He loves BPA and wants the freedom to pick BPA as needed.

My two cents,

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-07-2019)