ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-28-2017, 07:43 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts
Default The Tale of Jacoby Brissett

From an article about the TEN game:
Quote:
Brissett was under pressure on more than half of his dropbacks on Sunday, and it clearly had an effect. The young quarterback out of NC State completed just 4-of-12 passes when under presure for just 27 total yards. When he was given time to throw, Brissett completed 13-of-17 throws for 169 yards and a 107.2 passer rating.
Obviously, it is a bit subjective as to when a QB is "under pressure" but it shows that Jacoby can be a pretty effective guy when he has time to survey the field and step into his delivery.

The great NFL QBs have the ability to still perform well even when pressured; Jacoby is not there yet. He might learn it with time and playing experience but right now, he is a rookie QB with a bad O-Line. And opposing defenses have figured that out.

Walk Worthy,
Old 11-28-2017, 08:21 AM
Accidental Administrator

He also has some bad play calling working against him as well... even when he was hitting his "outlet" receiver (usually Doyle), he was 8-10 yards deep.

Agree that pressure is subjective... not for nothing, but portion of that is him holding the ball too long.... throw it.... throw it.... throw the damn ball....
Old 11-28-2017, 08:23 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

But so often he's under pressure because he identifies nothing before the snap and totally reacts. I've criticized Luck for doing the same in the past, so some of it is endemic to the (really bad) offense.

I mean, you're gonna be under pressure if there's a free blitzer and you don't identify that man before the ball is snapped.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Butter (11-28-2017), Dewey 5 (11-28-2017), omahacolt (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 09:05 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
From an article about the TEN game:

Obviously, it is a bit subjective as to when a QB is "under pressure" but it shows that Jacoby can be a pretty effective guy when he has time to survey the field and step into his delivery.

The great NFL QBs have the ability to still perform well even when pressured; Jacoby is not there yet. He might learn it with time and playing experience but right now, he is a rookie QB with a bad O-Line. And opposing defenses have figured that out.

Walk Worthy,
Brisket is not a rookie. Started 2 games for the Cheats last year.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:47 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Brisket is not a rookie. Started 2 games for the Cheats last year.
That is like sleeping with Jessica Alba for a couple weeks then being forced to lay with Rosanne Barr every week.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (06-19-2019), Pez (11-29-2017), sherck (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 07:40 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

I am NOT saying that this is all on Jacoby's shoulders, but.......

Quote:
Indianapolis was felled by a familiar foe on Sunday: the fourth quarter.

Positively awful would be the best way to describe the Colts' offense in football's most important period. Coming into Sunday, Indy totaled 589 offensive yards in the fourth (in 10 games), at 3.3 yards per rush and 5.1 yards per pass. Those numbers complement each other in that they're both terrible.

Indy has scored two touchdowns in the final quarter. All season.

In the loss to the Titans, the Colts had the ball three times in the fourth. They gained 5 net yards and punted three times. Get excited.
That is sad. We cannot close out a game this season for anything.

On the flip side, root for CHI (3-8) over SF (1-10), DEN (3-8) over MIA (4-7) and an Eli-less NYG (2-9) over OAK (5-6).

There is no way we are getting in front of CLE (0-11) or SF (1-10) for draft pick selection but we could get the #3 pick overall if NYG, CHI and DEN all win a few games here or there and get to at least 4 wins.

I would love to say that we will not win any more games for the season and I don't expect a victory anytime in the next 2 weeks.

However, DEN in Week 14 @ Indy is vulnerable and HOU in Week 16 @ Indy is vulnerable. Knowing Sucky Chucky, he will win both those games in order to deny the Colts a top ten pick in 2018.

Week 12 = @ JAX (7-4)
Week 13 = @ BUF (6-5)
Week 14 = DEN (3-8) Thursday Night Flaming Poop Game
Week 15 = @ BAL (6-5)
Week 16 = HOU (4-7)

Walk Worthy,
Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I think they'll win one more, probably Houston.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:04 AM
testcase448

Brisset is serviceable if he survives.

The rest of the team is a total waste with few exceptions

Ownership is a fuckin drug addict imbecile, the coach makes the imbecile owner look brilliant by comparison
We have a busted, maybe finished forever "franchise" QB sucking up huge cap space..
An O- line that's indescribably bad...

A good WR 2 and good TE, a hall of fame Kicker that's 104, a great punter (thank God or it'd be even worse on SUnday's)

About 8 players on this roster should be in the NFL, the rest...
Old 11-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Accidental Administrator

I think the number is a good deal higher than 8...

Sheard, Kelly, Luck, Mewhort, Gore, Hilton, Hankins, Bulter, Simon, Sanchez, Vinatieri, Desir, Haeg, Melvin, Rogers, Hooker...

Thats 16 off the top of my head....
Old 11-29-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Brisset is serviceable if he survives.

The rest of the team is a total waste with few exceptions

Ownership is a fuckin drug addict imbecile, the coach makes the imbecile owner look brilliant by comparison
We have a busted, maybe finished forever "franchise" QB sucking up huge cap space..
An O- line that's indescribably bad...

A good WR 2 and good TE, a hall of fame Kicker that's 104, a great punter (thank God or it'd be even worse on SUnday's)

About 8 players on this roster should be in the NFL, the rest...
I wouldn't put Andrews contract on the considerable list of problems. Sherck can validate this but I heard yesterday that the Colts have the most money of ANY franchise available going into the off season. I don't think money will be the rate limiting factor going into next year.