ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 11-22-2020, 09:43 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 3,774
Thanks: 1,396
Thanked 860 Times in 569 Posts
Default

o


Philip Rivers Delivers Against Aaron Rodgers and the Pack in 34-31 OT Win

(By Joel E. Erickson)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...in/6341760002/

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 11-23-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-23-2020, 01:47 AM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,446
Thanks: 70
Thanked 796 Times in 490 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o


Philip Rivers Delivers Against Aaron Rodgers and the Pack in 34-31 OT Win

(By Jel E. Erickson)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...in/6341760002/

o
The defense delivered. 4 turnovers against an Aaron Rodgers offense is huge.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-23-2020)
  #83  
Old 11-23-2020, 02:34 AM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 3,774
Thanks: 1,396
Thanked 860 Times in 569 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post


The defense delivered. 4 turnovers against an Aaron Rodgers offense is huge.



o

The defense was outstanding in the 2nd half, and in Overtime.

Rivers was very good throughout the entire game. I'm a little concerned about if and how his toe injury will affect his play in their next game against the Titans.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-24-2020, 12:38 AM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 3,774
Thanks: 1,396
Thanked 860 Times in 569 Posts
Default

o


(vs. PACKERS, 11/23)


Philip Rivers completed passes to 11 different receivers in the game.



Jonathan Taylor lll),,,,,,, (4)

Michael Pittman, Jr. lll),, (3)

Zach Pascal lllllllllllllllllll), (3)

T.Y. Hilton llllllllllllllllllllll,, (3)

Nyheim Hines llllllllllllllll,, (3)

Trey Burton lllllllllllllllllllll, (2)

Mo Alie-Cox lllllllllllllllllllll, (2)

Jordan Wilkins lllllllllllllll,, (1)

Marcus Johnson llllllllllllll, (1)

Jack Doyle lllllllllllllllllllllll) (1)

DeMichael Harris lllllllllll,, (1)

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 11-26-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-05-2020, 12:46 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,446
Thanks: 70
Thanked 796 Times in 490 Posts
Default

Massive QB movement is expected around the league in the offseason. The two most intriguing names in the process in my opinion are Matthew Stafford (Age 33 season in 2021) and Matt Ryan (Age 36 season in 2021). Both the Lions and Falcons appear headed for a rebuild with aging QBs who won't survive it, so it makes sense for those teams to trade or release them. For the Colts, this would represent a bandaid solution at the QB position, but one that would allow this otherwise loaded roster to compete for the next half decade without having to make a desperate move for a QB. Because of their ages, I have a tough time distinguishing between the two. Ryan has over the years been the better performer in general, but he's also three years older and more likely to suffer age based decline over that timeframe. Thoughts?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-05-2020)
  #86  
Old 12-05-2020, 01:24 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 10,268
Thanks: 7,603
Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,173 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Massive QB movement is expected around the league in the offseason. The two most intriguing names in the process in my opinion are Matthew Stafford (Age 33 season in 2021) and Matt Ryan (Age 36 season in 2021). Both the Lions and Falcons appear headed for a rebuild with aging QBs who won't survive it, so it makes sense for those teams to trade or release them. For the Colts, this would represent a bandaid solution at the QB position, but one that would allow this otherwise loaded roster to compete for the next half decade without having to make a desperate move for a QB. Because of their ages, I have a tough time distinguishing between the two. Ryan has over the years been the better performer in general, but he's also three years older and more likely to suffer age based decline over that timeframe. Thoughts?
I prefer Stafford, but don't think either will happen.
__________________
It's okay to complain, but if you only complain, nobody is going to take you seriously, Chicken Little.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 12-06-2020, 12:36 AM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 711
Thanks: 494
Thanked 188 Times in 123 Posts
Default

Itís time for a QB on a rookie deal
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 12-06-2020, 01:33 AM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,446
Thanks: 70
Thanked 796 Times in 490 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Itís time for a QB on a rookie deal
What QB? The Colts MAY have a chance at Kyle Trask or Mac Jones, and there's Eason on the roster. I'd rather not waste the prime of most of the talent on this roster. If you draft Castanzo's replacement and sign or trade for a Ryan or Stafford, you're a far more serious threat for a title run than drafting Trask or Jones.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (12-07-2020), smitty46953 (12-06-2020)
  #89  
Old 12-06-2020, 02:23 AM
Chaka's Avatar
Chaka Chaka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 705
Thanks: 277
Thanked 462 Times in 203 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Massive QB movement is expected around the league in the offseason. The two most intriguing names in the process in my opinion are Matthew Stafford (Age 33 season in 2021) and Matt Ryan (Age 36 season in 2021). Both the Lions and Falcons appear headed for a rebuild with aging QBs who won't survive it, so it makes sense for those teams to trade or release them. For the Colts, this would represent a bandaid solution at the QB position, but one that would allow this otherwise loaded roster to compete for the next half decade without having to make a desperate move for a QB. Because of their ages, I have a tough time distinguishing between the two. Ryan has over the years been the better performer in general, but he's also three years older and more likely to suffer age based decline over that timeframe. Thoughts?
How about Darnold? If the Jets end up with the first pick in the draft, I assume they'll be looking to move him, but I don't think Darnold deserves to go the way of Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston just yet . And the guy is only 23. And we have a good trading relationship with the Jets.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (12-07-2020)
  #90  
Old 12-06-2020, 09:07 AM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 10,268
Thanks: 7,603
Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,173 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
How about Darnold? If the Jets end up with the first pick in the draft, I assume they'll be looking to move him, but I don't think Darnold deserves to go the way of Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston just yet . And the guy is only 23. And we have a good trading relationship with the Jets.
Are you sure that it is a good relationship? Seems kind of one-sided to me.
__________________
It's okay to complain, but if you only complain, nobody is going to take you seriously, Chicken Little.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.