ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-15-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
FYI ESPN thinks we should trade for Darnold.

ESPN trade proposals
Interesting. If the Jets really are 0-8 on Nov 3, I could see a midseason trade like this, particularly if the Jets' primary competitors for the No. 1 pick have each won a game or two by that point. This would give the acquiring team an opportunity to assess Darnold in their offense before making a decision on the fifth year option, so the Jets could probably extract maximum value at that point.

The Colts as a midseason destination might pose some obstacles in my view. First, we'd almost certainly have to get rid of one of the QBs on our roster (bye Jacoby - unless Eason is really stinking up the joint and we want to gamble on getting him to the practice squad). Second, I don't know if the Colts would be able to give Darnold a lot of playing time if they are in the playoff race as expected, and how prepared could he be to contribute coming into a new offense at that point?
Old 10-15-2020, 06:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,616 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Interesting. If the Jets really are 0-8 on Nov 3, I could see a midseason trade like this, particularly if the Jets' primary competitors for the No. 1 pick have each won a game or two by that point. This would give the acquiring team an opportunity to assess Darnold in their offense before making a decision on the fifth year option, so the Jets could probably extract maximum value at that point.

The Colts as a midseason destination might pose some obstacles in my view. First, we'd almost certainly have to get rid of one of the QBs on our roster (bye Jacoby - unless Eason is really stinking up the joint and we want to gamble on getting him to the practice squad). Second, I don't know if the Colts would be able to give Darnold a lot of playing time if they are in the playoff race as expected, and how prepared could he be to contribute coming into a new offense at that point?

You could cut another position and keep four QB's. Darnold's value is maxed right now just so a team could evaluate him. But I don't know how much evaluation you are going to get in a covid half-season. After the trade deadline, his value starts to go down and you could get him cheaper the closer to the draft you go or maybe even sign him as a free agent. We can wait till draft day, no one is banging the door down for Darnold.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 10-15-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:23 PM

I've been very critical of Rivers on this post, but in reality, he is the one who the team must rely on. Getting Darnold halfway through the season is lunacy. Who knows, maybe Rivers can correct his errors, and actually, the team has been down several offensive starters, so maybe when they come back, Rivers can be effective. No choice right now, he is the best option going forward.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:27 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I've been very critical of Rivers on this post, but in reality, he is the one who the team must rely on. Getting Darnold halfway through the season is lunacy. Who knows, maybe Rivers can correct his errors, and actually, the team has been down several offensive starters, so maybe when they come back, Rivers can be effective. No choice right now, he is the best option going forward.
Getting Darnold wouldn't be for this year. Honestly its Rivers or bust for the rest of the season. We've seen what Brisset can do.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:38 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Is that where we are now. Say f-it to the season and play the rookie?
Yeah, that's pretty much where we are now. I hate participation trophies and banners that state Wild Card participant. That's nothing but a loser mentality.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:34 PM

Thanked 4,377 Times in 2,520 Posts

I just hope Frank has lit into him for the poor decisions.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:28 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I just hope Frank has lit into him for the poor decisions.
They certainly don’t air their dirty laundry. They all stay on message when talking to the media. But they say one thing and do another. Remember when Jacoby was a top 20 QB? Then they replaced him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-20-2021), Racehorse (10-16-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 03:21 AM

Anyone calling for Brissett to start is dumb and can't recall last season. Also, Reich is not starting Eason unless something catastrophic happens. So this season is ride or die with Rivers for better or worse.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voosh View Post
Anyone calling for Brissett to start is dumb and can't recall last season. Also, Reich is not starting Eason unless something catastrophic happens. So this season is ride or die with Rivers for better or worse.
Start playing Tapps......
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 12:27 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,135 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
They certainly don’t air their dirty laundry. They all stay on message when talking to the media. But they say one thing and do another. Remember when Jacoby was a top 20 QB? Then they replaced him.
I’m starting to think Reich let’s his emotions cloud his judgement with older players he was doing the same thing last year with vinateti when it was clear he was done, now here we go down the same road with Rivers