ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-24-2020, 12:29 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

My opinion on Tom Brady ........

Last week when the Buccaneers came from behind to defeat the Chargers, Brady was all smiles and shaking hands with Justin Herbert and the other Chargers players after the game ...... last night after the Buccaneers lost to the Bears, Brady immediately trotted off the field very quickly without shaking hands with (or at least verbally congratulating) Nick Foles and the other opposing Bears players.

It's easy to be graceful and sportsmanlike when things are going your way ...... one's true character shows when things don't go your way. I think that we saw that with Cam Newton and his "Superman" poses when his Carolina Panthers were winning, and his hostile spurning of the press when they lost the Super Bowl to the Broncos.

Brady is 43 years-old, so if he's still a dick, he probably always will be. Perhaps the 31 year-old Newton can learn from his mistakes, and change the perception that some have of him before his career is all said and done.

o
o

(BUCCANEERS vs. RAMS, 11/23)

The phony did it again.

After his team lost to the Rams on national TV, Brady walked straight to the locker room after the game without meeting Jared Goff (or any Rams players) in the middle of the field.

Like I said earlier, Tom Brady is very congenial and very gracious ...... when his team wins the game.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-24-2020), Spike (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 08:14 AM

I've never been a Brady fan, but I watched him carve up the Colts too many times to think of him as anything but a great QB. I'd be disappointed if he were to get to another SB, especially since I think BB was more responsible for the Pats dominance than Brady. I see Brady as the perfect QB for BB. He had him from the start, molded him to his way of seeing a defense. Brady to his credit, worked hard to be the QB that BB wanted him to be, learned from the master so to speak. I'd like nothing better than to see him fail with the Bucs, and it could still happen. I felt from the beginning that at 43 years old, the second half of the season would start to take a toll on him. You don't recover from the hits as quickly at 43 as you would at 23.

Admittedly, most of my dislike for Brady is because he and his team were the obstacle to Manning achieving much more greatness than he already had. Manning revolutionized the position and was just so much fun to watch. However, his biggest failures came in his biggest games, there's no denying that. I always felt that a combination of Manning and BB would have been unstoppable. I know a lot of you on this board, are filled with hatred for Brady, BB and the Pats in general, but really, that's just wasted emotion. You can be a Colts fan and still appreciate the talent you see from other teams/players.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:56 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

https://fansided.com/2020/11/23/tom-...rams-bucs/amp/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-24-2020), Racehorse (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 12:12 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

Tom Brady’s Refusal to Accept Defeat Makes Him a Sore Loser

(By Cole Thompson)

https://fansided.com/2020/11/23/tom-...rams-bucs/amp/

o

Wow ...... that guy's article is essentially identical to my last 2 posts in this thread.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-24-2020, 01:36 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Wow ...... that guy's article is essentially identical to my last 2 posts in this thread.

o
There is a lot of talk on twitter about it. Guy even put together a video of all the times Brady has walked off the field in a huff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 05:40 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Admittedly, most of my dislike for Brady is because he and his team were the obstacle to Manning achieving much more greatness than he already had. Manning revolutionized the position and was just so much fun to watch. However, his biggest failures came in his biggest games, there's no denying that. I always felt that a combination of Manning and BB would have been unstoppable. I know a lot of you on this board, are filled with hatred for Brady, BB and the Pats in general, but really, that's just wasted emotion. You can be a Colts fan and still appreciate the talent you see from other teams/players.
I don't disagree that a lot of our dislike of Belicheat and Brady come from their success against the Colts. But you fail to mention the fact that all of that success came during the Spygate heydays, which obviously takes our dislike to the next level. If they weren't illegally video taping all of their opponents playcalls then we probably win more than 1 SB during the Manning era, or at the very least they win fewer.

It doesn't help that the league only gave them a slap on wrist when they were caught and did even less when they were caught a second time around.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-24-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 09:21 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I've never been a Brady fan, but I watched him carve up the Colts too many times to think of him as anything but a great QB. I'd be disappointed if he were to get to another SB, especially since I think BB was more responsible for the Pats dominance than Brady. I see Brady as the perfect QB for BB. He had him from the start, molded him to his way of seeing a defense. Brady to his credit, worked hard to be the QB that BB wanted him to be, learned from the master so to speak. I'd like nothing better than to see him fail with the Bucs, and it could still happen. I felt from the beginning that at 43 years old, the second half of the season would start to take a toll on him. You don't recover from the hits as quickly at 43 as you would at 23.

He's a cheater, he never really "carved up" the Colts, with maybe the exception of 2007, and given Spygate and Deflategate, none of that can be considered legitimate anyway. Brady and Belicheat should be banned from football permanently, and all their records removed from NFL history.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
dwilli57 (11-27-2020), IndyNorm (11-25-2020), Racehorse (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 03:34 PM

No need to go any further on Brady talk. It's clear we all dislike him, some more than others, but I don't think he has no fans on this board.