ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2020, 08:37 PM

Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
Those guys are much easier to replace than finding another Lawrence--and I'm not all that excited about Lawrence.
Neither am I. Lawrence will not be a true franchise QB.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Until Monday he was an undefeated Sophomore. There may be someone to challenge him as the #1 pick next yr. but with the info we know right now he’s the best there is

Although I think the kid transferring to GA from Wake Forest will give him a run for his money

And he has great hair
Old 01-15-2020, 09:19 PM
Administrator

The point of this is simple. Are we a QB away? If so pull a Ditka. If not build the D and roll with JB.

I vote the latter. I think JB will get better. And if we have a pass rush from the 3 tech and a CB along with another WR We’re gonna be competitive.

Otherwise. DONT be competitive and get the QB next yr. Lawrence is gonna be special. Make no bones about it. Maybe not cigar smoking special after the NC game. But the kid is good

How much you willing to give up for that pick knowing we’re gonna su k for another yr

Ballard can fill the roster with talent from FA

How important are the draft picks to YOU?

Win now or build for the future?
Old 01-15-2020, 11:27 PM

Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
The point of this is simple. Are we a QB away? If so pull a Ditka. If not build the D and roll with JB.

I vote the latter. I think JB will get better. And if we have a pass rush from the 3 tech and a CB along with another WR We’re gonna be competitive.

Otherwise. DONT be competitive and get the QB next yr. Lawrence is gonna be special. Make no bones about it. Maybe not cigar smoking special after the NC game. But the kid is good

How much you willing to give up for that pick knowing we’re gonna su k for another yr

Ballard can fill the roster with talent from FA

How important are the draft picks to YOU?

Win now or build for the future?
I don't disagree with rolling with JB, but at least add some legitimate competition...who you don't have to sell the draft for.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Until Monday he was an undefeated Sophomore. There may be someone to challenge him as the #1 pick next yr. but with the info we know right now he’s the best there is

Although I think the kid transferring to GA from Wake Forest will give him a run for his money

And he has great hair
I don't like a "leader" who has never lost, never had much adversity. Especially when his first season in the NFL he'll probably have to deal with losing more than once. After never losing, now the entire world is bugging him, asking how it feels and just being anything other than the cheerleaders who have surrounded him since little league.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,804 Times in 2,677 Posts

I would take Lawrence in a heartbeat, whatever it takes. Not looking forward to years without a franchise QB. Lawrence is a generational talent, he just needs to cut his fucking hair.
Racehorse (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 08:52 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Curious.

Would you trade this yrs 1st rounder Rock and Banagu for next yrs 1st rounder with a team To be able to move up to get Trevor Lawerence ?
Yes except we have no idea who will get the #1 pick so you don't know who to trade with. Beyond that, what you listed likely wouldn't be enough
Old 01-16-2020, 11:39 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,804 Times in 2,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Neither am I. Lawrence will not be a true franchise QB.
Yes, he will. He's got a shitload of talent. I wouldn't let the LSU game fool you into thinking he is not a franchise QB.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:51 PM

Thanked 4,388 Times in 2,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I would take Lawrence in a heartbeat, whatever it takes. Not looking forward to years without a franchise QB. Lawrence is a generational talent, he just needs to cut his fucking hair.
Just to be clear, I gave thanks because of the comment about the stupid hair. I think he will be good, but I wouldn’t trade just anything to get him.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Yes except we have no idea who will get the #1 pick so you don't know who to trade with. Beyond that, what you listed likely wouldn't be enough
Lots of good discussion on this.

My point about Rock and Banagu was that those were are 1st 2 picks last yr. So if we trade our 1st this yr for a pick next yr it would give us 2 first round picks. I dont remember the specific of us trading out of the 1st last yr but our 1st rounder last yr was basically less than Rock and Banagu.

If that makes sense.

I am guessing that with JB as the starter we would be about where we are right now . 7-9 or 8-8 ish

The top drafting teams this yr will most likely make a move for a QB this yr. Leaving us in a position to use our draft capital to move up.

Never a guarantee but you never know.