ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 08:30 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
People like me that go to work everyday and don’t make excuses and worst poster is a matter of opinion I could care less what any of you think about me but all I said from the beginning is 100% we will have a season we’ll see who ends up being right
It's couldn't not could. Carry on.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:47 PM

That expression out of idiots’ mouths always confused me, as well.

I think that the one thing we all can agree on is that a vaccine can’t come soon enough. Or is it “...can come soon...”?
The Following User Says Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (08-11-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 10:29 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Fuckin Hell I feel stupider from reading some of this shit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (08-11-2020), smitty46953 (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Expected, but sucks, I think IU was gonna have a breakout year.
Good golly, I hope you are speaking about Iowa University when you say IU.

Because for Indiana University to have a break-out year in football to happen, the windchill factor in he!! would have to be pretty low!

Old 08-11-2020, 02:05 PM

My two cents on COVID (not that anyone cares but everyone seems to be throwing it in):

- Serious medical condition for some small portion of the population with one or more of the following medical issues: older, hypertensive, diabetic, have cancer or have other compromised health issues. Yeah, I have the trifecta of being older with hypertension and diabetes! Yeah me!

- Non-serious medical issue for the rest of the population. Like having the flu.

- Very conflicting medical advice being given out about the effectiveness of: masks use, social distancing, length of time it is viable outside of a body, amount of virus in a cough viral load or effectiveness of disinfecting surfaces. For every study that concludes one way, I can find one that concludes another way.

- While the virus is a concern, the fear mongering around the virus is WAY over the top. It has purpose.

- Study out of the UK this past weekend over their summer term: Apr - Jun, 110,000 school aged children, over 200 school districts. Almost zero reported cases of either student to student transmission or student to teacher transmission. The fear mongering about our kids going back to school is over the top.

- If this were 2019 or 2021, I think the fear mongering would be significantly less than what we have seen this year. I think the fear mongering is attempting to effect an election.

- I predict that the fear mongering about COVID will almost disappear on 04 November 2020. The media will start fear mongering about something else (Trump the Dictator or Biden the Savior) but I don't think it will be COVID anymore.

My two cents.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-12-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 03:33 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Seriously doubt that the rest of the world has put their economies on hold until Nov 4 and the US elections. The entire world seems to be 'fear mongering'. Don't think 'fear mongering' is going anywhere soon.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:52 PM

Thanked 1,550 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Seriously doubt that the rest of the world has put their economies on hold until Nov 4 and the US elections. The entire world seems to be 'fear mongering'. Don't think 'fear mongering' is going anywhere soon.
Exactly. And as for, "...conflicting medical advice being given out about the effectiveness of: masks use, social distancing...", masks and social distancing seem to be working quite well in many of the world's countries, let alone in NYC, where the virus was rampant at first, and is now in a much better place than much of the rest of the country.

Masks work. They aren't perfect, but anything that cuts down on transmission, even a little bit, is not to be argued against, at least not credibly.

Social distancing works. It's an airborne, transmittable virus. How any study could show that distancing doesn't slow transmission is...again, not credible.

As for finding studies that conclude different ways, sure. Science is a process, not a perfect answer. But you can't find peer-reviewed, credible studies that equally support both sides.

And kids transmit the disease. I am an elementary school teacher, have personal experience with this. Unfortunately.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:27 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
It's couldn't not could. Carry on.
[deep breath, here goes...] I disagree. While both are correct, but they mean slightly different things. In this context, apballin has used the proper context. Allow me to explain:

"I could care less about what you think of me..." means that the person wishes they cared less than they actually do, eg, if they truly could not care less, they likely would not care enough to type the phrase on a message board.

"I could not care less..." means simply that the person cannot care less than they do currently. This does not automatically mean that their level of care is zero. Oddly, if a person truly cared zero, then this phrase is actually an oxymoron, else you would not hear it. A person that chooses to vocalize that they care zero about something, obviously does not care zero, because they care enough to vocalize it. Thus they MUST care More than zero.

The second definition of this usage is more like an obligation. I care about the welfare of my children very deeply and I could not care less about that. Obviously this is also a correct usage.

Good God, I hope we play some football soon. Miss you fuckers.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 08-11-2020, 07:39 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
People like me that go to work everyday and don’t make excuses and worst poster is a matter of opinion I could care less what any of you think about me but all I said from the beginning is 100% we will have a season we’ll see who ends up being right
Betcha I've worked more days during this pandemic than you have. I've been averaging 1.5 days off per week since April. I've gotten it under control now, at a manageable 50-55 hours/week. Hell, I got here at 9AM and I'm still at work. So let's not go there. Also, it's never been about who ends up being right, it's about not being a fucking douchebag. I guess you're just dense.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Exactly. And as for, "...conflicting medical advice being given out about the effectiveness of: masks use, social distancing...", masks and social distancing seem to be working quite well in many of the world's countries, let alone in NYC, where the virus was rampant at first, and is now in a much better place than much of the rest of the country.

Masks work. They aren't perfect, but anything that cuts down on transmission, even a little bit, is not to be argued against, at least not credibly.

Social distancing works. It's an airborne, transmittable virus. How any study could show that distancing doesn't slow transmission is...again, not credible.

As for finding studies that conclude different ways, sure. Science is a process, not a perfect answer. But you can't find peer-reviewed, credible studies that equally support both sides.

And kids transmit the disease. I am an elementary school teacher, have personal experience with this. Unfortunately.
I don’t understand how masks got politicized. They don’t protect the user 100% that well, but they protect everyone else from the user. If everyone wears them then we bring transmission down. If something is telling you different then it is someone with an agenda. Wear a mask, protect your neighbor.

As for the fear mongering. Covid is now the third largest killer in the US now, and doesn’t seem to be stopping. If people don’t take it seriously it will not go away. People don’t have to freak out, just don’t minimize it either. You could say the left leaning news is talking too much Covid, but the right leaning news talks about protests 90% of the time. And I watch both. My sister lives in Portland, lives downtown works in the city, and she says she hasn’t even seen any of the protests. But watching the news you would think the city is burning down. I think we have a tendency to sensationalize issues more than they are in general. But I really don’t care about graffiti on public buildings as much when compared to a pandemic that could kill me.

People just need to listen to the medical advice from the experts, not the president or infowars or that one YouTube poster who also thinks the world is flat. Take it seriously, listen to advice and take precautions. And we can then end this sooner and get back to football.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (08-12-2020), Colts And Orioles (08-12-2020), HoosierinFL (08-11-2020), Oldcolt (08-12-2020), omahacolt (08-11-2020), TheMugwump (08-12-2020)