ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-29-2017, 04:29 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts
Default Quick thoughts - Bengals

1. If you're not gonna fire Pagano at midseason, you gotta at least fire Chud. Holy shit. 4th-and-ballgame, you need 4 yards to keep the game alive, and you draw up a 20-yard downfield route to Hilton? That's laughably bad design. But that's Chud's offense in a nutshell. If Pagano won't go (he should), Chud should be a sacrificial lamb ... if nothing else as a message to Pagano that his hand-picked coordinator sucks.

2. I love Jacoby Brissett's arm and toughness. His field awareness is painfully bad though. I will say I don't put that pick-six on him or Haeg. That's just a great individual defensive play.

3. I feel really bad for Frank Gore. Every week, basically.

4. The Colts finally drew up a non-shit-obvious, well-designed screen to Marlon Mack. Look at the result. He should be more featured in that role going forward.

5. Kamar Aiken should be cut. I can't think of any reason he should be on the roster tomorrow. Really. I know teams don't just cut players at midseason willy-nilly, but what has he contributed to this team at all? And why is he stealing targets from Moncrief ... or even Rogers?

6. I'm hesitant to label that a bounceback game from Jack Doyle because we've seen Dwayne Allen have the exact same kinda game before. But it was a helluva game.

7. I don't know what to make of the OL, honestly. They're not good, but they're not awful. Le'Raven Clark is pretty awful, to the extent that some guy I'd never heard of before replaced him and looked totally solid in relief. I don't know what that says about Philbin or Pagano or Ballard.

I do know that Vujnovich single-blocking Atkins for most of the game says a lot of bad things about Philbin and Chud, though.

8. Honestly, it was worth watching this shitshow to see that performance from Henry Anderson. Swap his contract with Johnathan Hankins', please. Maybe the best Colts single defensive-lineman performance I've seen since prime Freeney/Mathis.

9. I noticed the Colts took Antonio Morrison out on passing downs for the most part today. Only took 8 weeks.

10. Vontae Davis played like a guy who heard he's probably going to be traded.

11. TJ Green is still so bad, it's almost entertaining.

12. I'll give some credit to Barkevious Mingo. He's not very good, but he busts his ass on every play. Sometimes, he makes plays by accident, or just because he surprises the defense by being there. I don't mind him as LB depth at all.

13. Has the special teams return unit ever set up a return in Pagano's time here? I know there have been return TDs, but I'm thinking outside of Deji Karim a few years ago, I've never actually seen blocking intentionally set up to spring a return. Even the return last year vs the Packers was mostly just solo effort. These guys have NOTHING to work with.

14. I honestly think Pagano just doesn't *get* significant chunks of the NFL game. I think there are rules he doesn't understand (seriously). I think he doesn't understand the nuances of challenges. I think he's just not very good at this, and I hadn't realized before last week that it's probably because he had one year of NFL experience -- as a coordinator -- before coming to the Colts.

15. So what direction do you go with that top-5 pick? I'd say best available between: LT (Castonzo is above average, but could move to RT at this stage in career) and EDGE, and just being smart about where the class' best coverage ILB sits on the board. But depending on how much this roster gets gutted, I can see a scenario where there are needs we don't even know about yet.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-29-2017), apballin (10-29-2017), Big Smooth (10-29-2017), Indiana V2 (10-29-2017), IndyNorm (10-29-2017), Indystu2 (10-30-2017), omahacolt (10-29-2017), Racehorse (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

1. I'd thank this a million times if I could. Chud sucks. Just sucks. Horrible at reorganizing the team around him...... HEY CHUD! YOU ARE NOT CALLING PLAYS FOR THE 1999 RAMS MOTHER FUCKER!

5. Hate Dorsett all you want but at least he could catch he fucking ball! IF CHUD EVER RAN A PLAY FOR HIM!

PLEASE FIRE Chud today! Give Shotty a shot.....

I hate Chud!
IndyNorm (10-29-2017), Racehorse (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 05:00 PM

Minkah Fitzpatrick for top 10 pick.

Remember the name.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:03 PM

Thanked 4,281 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
1. I'd thank this a million times if I could. Chud sucks. Just sucks. Horrible at reorganizing the team around him...... HEY CHUD! YOU ARE NOT CALLING PLAYS FOR THE 1999 RAMS MOTHER FUCKER!

5. Hate Dorsett all you want but at least he could catch he fucking ball! IF CHUD EVER RAN A PLAY FOR HIM!

PLEASE FIRE Chud today! Give Shotty a shot.....

I hate Chud!
But you hate chud just because you always wanted to be different. It doesn't come from a logical place with you. You wanted him to fail because it would somehow be a win for you
Old 10-29-2017, 05:04 PM

Thanked 4,281 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Minkah Fitzpatrick for top 10 pick.

Remember the name.
Is he a pass rusher or o lineman?

If not then he can fuck off
Old 10-29-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Is he a pass rusher or o lineman?

If not then he can fuck off
He's a DB from Alabama. Usually Saban/Bama defensive players have high floors, and Fitzpatrick has a very high floor. However, he doesn't fit what you want most.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
But you hate chud just because you always wanted to be different. It doesn't come from a logical place with you. You wanted him to fail because it would somehow be a win for you

You couldn't be more wrong.... I hate the fact that we have to change OC's HC's so often

You cannot deny that Chud does not think about the team he has and is trying to run an offense that he does not have the personnel to run. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of not wanting a new OC AGAIN!

But his philosophy makes for a horrible coach! Square peg Round hole!
Old 10-29-2017, 05:25 PM

Fuck all of that shit.

Trade that lotto pick and pick up some fucking LB's.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:

How you can hate PAGGONE NOW and not think the same of Chud is beyond me

Chud as a HC = PAG GONE NOW now it's just OC but still horrible!

Stupid decisions JUST STUPID

How can you not see this????
Old 10-29-2017, 06:25 PM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

My summary boils down to "we lost, anyone surprised? nope"
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
DrSpaceman (10-29-2017)