ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-22-2017, 04:32 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts
Default Quick thoughts - Jaguars

Eh, I'm pissed and I have time.

1. Jacoby Brissett was bad today. But I'll continue to remind: he's a QB2. He's going to be bad. You mitigate that by giving Marlon Mack more than 2 carries when the game matters, by designing routes that don't take 10 years to develop, and not calling the most shit-obvious screens to ever disgrace the NFL.

I get that Brissett anchors the coaching staff. It's true. He does. I get that he checks into dumb shit or doesn't throw the ball when he needs to.

But the coaching staff does nothing to put him in consistently positive positions to succeed. I saw everything I needed to with Mack's usage and the lack of any creative receiver formations whatsoever.

2. Stop trying to make Marlon Mack a fucking gadget player. He's not a gadget player. He's a running back. Hand him the fucking football like a running back. When the game matters. STOP GOING EMPTY BACK FIELD ALL THE GODDAMN TIME.

3. I'm done with people who blame TY Hilton for this team. I have no idea what anyone expects him to do that he's not doing.

4. Chester Rogers >>>>>>> Clay Aiken. Clay Aiken should stop seeing the field.

5. Ryan Kelly is hurt too often. Concerned he's going to start going the Mewhort route.

6. This is a bad OL, but it's not the worst OL in the league and it's not the reason Brissett was sacked 10 times either.

7. Thought that was a pretty lame game from Johnathan Hankins.

8. You can't convince me there isn't a practice squad ILB somewhere who's not better than either of the Colts' starting ILBs. Morrison and Bostic are awful. You can't play defense with them. Try someone else. I know that's overly simplistic, but they're so bad, I really think you have to try someone else, like the Colts did with Edwin Jackson late last year. Shit, try Edwin Jackson.

9. People are too quick to shit on Vontae Davis, but you can't convince me he's playing this season at full effort either.

10. Quincy Wilson inactive. Who could have thought that would come back to bite this team? We've said it for two fucking weeks. This isn't hindsight. We said it before last game. We said it before this game. Well guess what? Melvin goes out with a concussion, and the rest of the game is a comedy of errors between Chris Milton, Kenny Moore and TJ Green.

And before Dam says "well Wilson woulda been burned too, and...", let me just say fuck you, Dam.

11. Malik Hooker's injury was the low point for me. This is such a pointless, lost season that all we have to look forward to is guys like Hooker (and Wilson...) getting experience, and maybe making a few plays to make us feel better about the future. I hope it's not a season-ender, but damn, talk about salt in the wound.

12. Fundamentally, no one can tackle on this team. That's not just talent. It's somewhat talent, but you can tell these guys just panic once the ball is snapped. There's no organization, no gameplan, and no fucking idea what to do when guys start moving. I put a lot of that on coaching.

13. Dumbass, avoidable penalties continue to be a thing. Go figure.

14. At least Rigo Sanchez is good?

15. You have to fire Chuck Pagano after this week. I'm not falling into the trap of thinking it will happen, because it hasn't happened several other times I've thought it would/should, but you have to.

Look, the point isn't that Philbin or Chud would be better coaches. They won't be. The team may be worse under them. They're not viable long-term options. They shouldn't even really be considered. This whole staff needs nuked. BUT, you simply can't continue to reward Pagano for being as inept as he is week after fucking week. This has been going on for OVER THREE YEARS NOW. Same shit over and over and over again.

You fire him to make a point: this shit's gotta stop. He says it falls on him. OK, then, put your pink slip where his mouth is.

If you continue to keep Pagano employed, you're telling fans you don't care. You're telling fans that this is a totally wasted season in which ineptitude will be tolerated. You're discouraging fans from investing in this team now or later. You're creating a bigger problem you're going to have to combat later.

It's too late to nip this in the bud, but you can at least stop the cancer from spreading even further at this point. There are still young players who can factor into this team's future. Don't let them become infected by this clown culture.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-22-2017), bertjones (10-22-2017), Butter (10-22-2017), Coltsalr (10-23-2017), Hoopsdoc (10-22-2017), Indiana V2 (10-22-2017), Indystu2 (10-23-2017), mluntz01 (10-23-2017), nate505 (10-22-2017), omahacolt (10-22-2017), Racehorse (10-22-2017), Spike (10-22-2017), Thorgrim (10-22-2017), VeveJones007 (10-22-2017), YDFL Commish (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 04:38 PM
Post whore

Your points about Pagano being fired and why are spot on.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:52 PM

Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,474 Posts

10. Quincy Wilson inactive. Who could have thought that would come back to bite this team? We've said it for two fucking weeks. This isn't hindsight. We said it before last game. We said it before this game. Well guess what? Melvin goes out with a concussion, and the rest of the game is a comedy of errors between Chris Milton, Kenny Moore and TJ Green.

Out of all the points you made, this one is the truest fucking mystery of them all. Why one would healthy scratch their CB the team spent a 2nd round pick on, and one that's shown some promise in games, is such fucking coaching malpractice that it's hard to come up with words.
VeveJones007 (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 04:54 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

well said gbb

i agree with virtually everything
Old 10-22-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
If you continue to keep Pagano employed, you're telling fans you don't care. You're telling fans that this is a totally wasted season in which ineptitude will be tolerated. You're discouraging fans from investing in this team now or later. You're creating a bigger problem you're going to have to combat later.

It's too late to nip this in the bud, but you can at least stop the cancer from spreading even further at this point. There are still young players who can factor into this team's future. Don't let them become infected by this clown culture.
I have to slightly disagree. Without Luck most fans should assume the season is lost.

All 3 need to go. It's obvious they can't adjust what they do to match the talent they have.

I think Ballard and Irsay knew it would turn out like this. Did people really believe the lies about Luck before the season began?
Old 10-22-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
I have to slightly disagree. Without Luck most fans should assume the season is lost.

All 3 need to go. It's obvious they can't adjust what they do to match the talent they have.

I think Ballard and Irsay knew it would turn out like this. Did people really believe the lies about Luck before the season began?
what lies about luck? i don't know if there were any lies. either irsay lied or there was a setback in august. i don't know which one. i tend to think that irsay lied and he was never going to play until october at the earliest. then he had the setback we just saw. but i really don't know
Old 10-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

#13 is the best point

#15 is a classic Colt fan over reaction
Old 10-22-2017, 06:18 PM

After the 2011 season, I'm inclined to believe that everything from January on was a lie. Irsay knew it was going to be well into the season before Luck would be ready, but that kills early season gate revenue + concession money as well as the optimism for the season, so instead they slowly ease into saying Luck is out for the year without ever actually saying as much until the season is so far gone that it's obvious to everyone. Hell, you had people like JMV thinking Luck was questionable/possible to start opening day.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
#13 is the best point

#15 is a classic Colt fan over reaction
shut the fuck up
Old 10-22-2017, 06:25 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post