ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-27-2017, 02:26 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Welcome back, Bert.

I agree with most of what you said.

I don't know that there is any position group on the team with the exception of QB that could not be improved.

A couple of them (WR, TE, O-Line) would do well with one more guy at the top end of the depth chart to help ensure they are heading in the right direction. Perhaps a couple of those can come in 2nd tier free agency to help round out the depth chart.

However, almost every other group (RB, DL, LB, CB, Safety) need complete over-hauls or multiple folks as both starters and depth. The need at every position on defense is critical.

I don't disagree with you that we could use a WR2/WR3 for competition, a TE if we don't re-sign Doyle, a starter/quality backup on the O-Line, RB2 and a Punter....but those needs are way, way, way down the list when compared to what we need on defense.

A RB like Edge is what you like to add when almost every other part of your team in Championship ready. It is a luxury pick; not a restocking pick, IMO.

Anyway, good post.

Cheers,
Old 02-27-2017, 03:52 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I don't want to belabor the point because I still believe 2 things:
1. We absolutely need to pick defense in the first round.
2. Leonard Fournette will not be there when we pick.

But just for fun, when watching those film breakdowns of Cook and Fournette, I'm not sold on Cook at all. Here's the video of Fournette (the one on cook posted previously in the thread). Watch them side by side. Fournette is a killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ortq29_UU
I agree totally on the differences between Fournette and Cook. Fournette is just in a different league than the other RB's in this class.

But just the same, this is a great, great RB class. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to rank Mixon, from a pure talent perspective, up there with, or better than Cook, Wayne Gallman, a probable 2nd rounder reminds me a lot of Addai, except not as good a blocker. The list of quality RB's in this draft just goes on and on; McCaffery, Perine, Foreman, Hunt, Kamara, Mack.

I think all of them listed above, have a chance to be better than the Frank Gore of 2017. So unless Fournette is there at 14/15, then I pass on RB. In fact, if another team wants to trade up for Cook, then I would be listening.

The cupboard is just too bare not too.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:43 PM
Banned

If the Colts do not select a defensive player in the first I will scream and act very childish.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flexo For This Useful Post:
natagu23 (02-28-2017), Racehorse (03-01-2017), rcubed (02-28-2017), VeveJones007 (02-28-2017), YDFL Commish (02-28-2017)