ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-17-2018, 07:34 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Leonard reminds me a lot of Navarro Bowman. Rangy and quick and uber athletic.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:03 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
That site made me realize I need more high hat, low hat analysis in the postgame threads.
I need more cowbell.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:50 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Darius Leonard is leading the NFL in tackles after week 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 11:34 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Darius Leonard is leading the NFL in tackles after week 2.
He looks like a star in the making. Hopefully he lives up to that promise.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Just read this article analyzing Darius Leonard's work against the Redskins:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/09/...d-and-the-bad/

Says some nice stuff, but tempers it with a fair amount of negativity. For the technical experts here, is this just sour grapes or are his criticisms accurate?
I don't get why so many people didn't like him? Did they just not know about him? I know he was a small school prospect, but he should have been playing at a big school. His measurables were solid, he produced, and LB's with speed usually project well to the NFL. Especially for this position and this defense. It is one of the easier positions to fill in this type of defense. While the tackle numbers are impressive, you have to remember that this is his job in this defense. He is the designated tackler and the dline is trying to keep him clean so they can funnel the action to him and he can get to it.

Anyway, the bad is expected, he is a rookie. The good is a surprise that he has adjusted so fast.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:25 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I don't get why so many people didn't like him? Did they just not know about him? I know he was a small school prospect, but he should have been playing at a big school. His measurables were solid, he produced, and LB's with speed usually project well to the NFL. Especially for this position and this defense. It is one of the easier positions to fill in this type of defense. While the tackle numbers are impressive, you have to remember that this is his job in this defense. He is the designated tackler and the dline is trying to keep him clean so they can funnel the action to him and he can get to it.

Anyway, the bad is expected, he is a rookie. The good is a surprise that he has adjusted so fast.
He tested slow and his competition level was low, so that probably brought out questions about how good he could be in the NFL.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I can't find any source on this guys back ground. Has he ever coached? Worked as an NFL scout? Is he doing his evals from side line shots or the all 22?

For all I know, he's an internet wannabe.
Probably former college player small school. Coaches high school ball. Draftnik. A lot of these draft guys are strong on opinion, but like fans they just aren't privy to all the information on players. So a lot of educated guesses.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:36 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
He tested slow and his competition level was low, so that probably brought out questions about how good he could be in the NFL.
4.7 isn't bad for a LB, and he plays fast on his tape with the pads on, faster than his time would indicate. Happens sometimes. He wasn't top of the LB's but I don't think it was a glaring weakness. Not like he ran a 4.9. He dominated his competition too, which is what you want to see from a small school player. LB is usually one of the easier positions to project.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Accidental Administrator

Per Chappell -

"Colts DC Matt Eberflus has been using his grading scale since 1995. Darius Leonard's game at Wash ranked 5th. Since 1995."

I tried to find the original source for this but no luck yet.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 09-18-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Per Chappell -

"Colts DC Matt Eberflus has been using his grading scale since 1995. Darius Leonard's game at Wash ranked 5th. Since 1995."

I tried to find the original source for this but no luck yet.
Great to hear. Upon reviewing the article again, and after reading all the comments here, I'm convinced this article is simply sour grapes by a guy who admits he didn't like Darius prior to the draft, and seems resistant to change this analysis. Even his positive comments are tinged with some sort of limitation - i.e. "I know Jordan Reed is a terrible blocker, but..." and "Yes, I know Smith telegraphed the throw, but...". The negative comments seem to have no such limitation - i.e. "I have rarely seen a linebacker bite on play-action fakes as hard as Leonard"

Scumbag.