ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-24-2018, 03:49 PM

Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think we have our future RG in Braden Smith. The question is how high will our draft pick be in the next draft and what direction we go. If we have a shot at one of the LT’s I think we take it. We should add some complimentary players through FA.
I hope so, I would like to see a Tackle taken fairly high next year to hopefully start at RT and groom him to play LT when AC is done.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

New York Daily News reports the Jets have "reached out" to the Steelers about acquiring holdout unsigned franchise player Le'Veon Bell.

Per reporter Manish Mehta, the Jets have "not made a concrete offer," but they believe the Steelers are "serious" about trading their running back. ESPN's Adam Schefter first reported Bell was available on Sunday. The Jets are the first team to be linked.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

Old 09-24-2018, 08:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
New York Daily News reports the Jets have "reached out" to the Steelers about acquiring holdout unsigned franchise player Le'Veon Bell.

Per reporter Manish Mehta, the Jets have "not made a concrete offer," but they believe the Steelers are "serious" about trading their running back. ESPN's Adam Schefter first reported Bell was available on Sunday. The Jets are the first team to be linked.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

Funny seeing the Steelers implode after all the team first yada yada BS coming out of there for years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-24-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 03:56 PM

Talk is only of a 2 or a 3.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTails View Post
Talk is only of a 2 or a 3.
I believe Steelers would likely get a 3 for just letting him walk. Admittedly at the end of the round though. Unfortunately I don’t believe a team that trades for him now can sign him long term this year because of the franchise tag. And he’s indicated he intends to protect himself for free agency. So someone would have to give up a 2 or 3 with no gaurentee of having him long term. And for the limited number of games you get him he may not be fully committed to winning. To me he only makes sense for a team that thinks he can put them over the top in the playoffs this year. That’s not the Colts IMO.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:28 PM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I believe Steelers would likely get a 3 for just letting him walk. Admittedly at the end of the round though. Unfortunately I don’t believe a team that trades for him now can sign him long term this year because of the franchise tag. And he’s indicated he intends to protect himself for free agency. So someone would have to give up a 2 or 3 with no gaurentee of having him long term. And for the limited number of games you get him he may not be fully committed to winning. To me he only makes sense for a team that thinks he can put them over the top in the playoffs this year. That’s not the Colts IMO.
Does the league allow teams to negotiate prior to a trade? Sign and trade sort of thing?
Old 09-26-2018, 05:46 PM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Does the league allow teams to negotiate prior to a trade? Sign and trade sort of thing?
Yes.

He has not signed his tag. A team could negotiate a new contract prior to the trade and he would never fall under the tag.

A 3rd is small comp for him.

I am leaning towards yes. Risk is worth his talent.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2018, 06:31 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

The dude wants like 15 mil a year to play. You don’t pay a rb that. Only a moron would want to bring this dude here for what he wants
Old 09-26-2018, 07:24 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,607 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
The dude wants like 15 mil a year to play. You don’t pay a rb that. Only a moron would want to bring this dude here for what he wants
This team has $90 million of cap space going into next year and that money is going to have to be paid to someone, or else the players union will come for it. The Colts could make a deal that pays him an obscene amount of money for one year (and burns that cap space so the union doesn't come for it), then pays him like a league average starting RB in the rest of the years. It's not like he's 30, the 2019 season will be his age 27 season. I'd rather have a pass rusher like Mack, but a RB like Le'Veon Bell really fits this scheme well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
sherck (09-27-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 07:29 PM

Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This team has $90 million of cap space going into next year and that money is going to have to be paid to someone, or else the players union will come for it. The Colts could make a deal that pays him an obscene amount of money for one year (and burns that cap space so the union doesn't come for it), then pays him like a league average starting RB in the rest of the years. It's not like he's 30, the 2019 season will be his age 27 season. I'd rather have a pass rusher like Mack, but a RB like Le'Veon Bell really fits this scheme well.
If they do you trust him to not hold out because he is not making that much now? I don't
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Alex44 (09-27-2018)