ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-26-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
25 other teams made the same call.
And it was a traditionally stupid team that made the other call.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:07 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
While I find your post (and almost all of your posts) irritating the only thing I'm going to say is that I didn't complain about any of the draft picks you listed.

And remind any that need it that disagreeing with a move does not mean that I or anyone else critical of said move means we think Ballard is stupid, incompetent, a bad GM, is less smart than Colts fans on the internet, or should be fired.
About the only pick I didn't like last year was Turay. I don't like them drafting project players in the 2nd round. Hopefully the kid develops. He showed flashes here and there, so we'll see.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:18 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

I fully recognize that it goes against our nature as crazy, irrational fans, but it's okay to say "I don't have an opinion on the Colts passing on Sweat because I have no idea what kind of medical information the team was given. Oh, and I'm not a fucking doctor."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-27-2019), smitty46953 (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 10:21 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
While I find your post (and almost all of your posts) irritating the only thing I'm going to say is that I didn't complain about any of the draft picks you listed.

And remind any that need it that disagreeing with a move does not mean that I or anyone else critical of said move means we think Ballard is stupid, incompetent, a bad GM, is less smart than Colts fans on the internet, or should be fired.
Exactly. If this was Grigson, I'd be ready to riot. As it is, I'm only mildly irritated with Ballard, mostly because he proved himself last year. That said, the 2018 draft doesn't make any decision Ballard makes beyond question. He can be wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I fully recognize that it goes against our nature as crazy, irrational fans, but it's okay to say "I don't have an opinion on the Colts passing on Sweat because I have no idea what kind of medical information the team was given. Oh, and I'm not a fucking doctor."
Fans by nature are crazy, and have plenty of opinions. That's why boards like this exist. It's debatable how rational most opinions on the internet are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:

Look pal, I didn’t go back to check your comments from last year, and I wasn’t accusing you specifically of leaving such posts – only that there were tons of such posts last year and your comment reminded me of them. Nor did I suggest that you believe Ballard is incompetent and needs to be fired – so quit being a drama queen, please.

As far as my posts are concerned, sorry they irritate you but the truth hurts sometimes. I mostly refrain from commenting about player skills, offensive/defensive schemes, etc. because I recognize that many of the posters here (yourself included) plainly know more about those things than me. That’s why I come here in the first place – to read that kind of input and hopefully learn a little from everyone. However, I do know a little about business, negotiating and long term strategy – issues which are sometimes overlooked here - so I try to contribute some perspective from that angle. But, as always, you don’t need to listen and you are free to ignore my posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 10:50 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Fans by nature are crazy, and have plenty of opinions. That's why boards like this exist. It's debatable how rational most opinions on the internet are.
Of course. Though if we're grading things on a spectrum of rationality, how would you compare these two:

1) The Colts are idiots for passing on a player with a heart condition.
2) I don't know enough about the player's medicals, so I'll withhold judgment on whether or not it was the right call.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Of course. Though if we're grading things on a spectrum of rationality, how would you compare these two:

2) I don't know enough about the player's medicals, so I'll withhold judgment on whether or not it was the right call.
Has anyone here said the Colts are idiots for passing on a guy with a possible medical issue (if he was not misdiagnosed as reported that he may have been)?
Old 04-26-2019, 11:11 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Look pal, I didn’t go back to check your comments from last year, and I wasn’t accusing you specifically of leaving such posts – only that there were tons of such posts last year and your comment reminded me of them. Nor did I suggest that you believe Ballard is incompetent and needs to be fired – so quit being a drama queen, please.

As far as my posts are concerned, sorry they irritate you but the truth hurts sometimes. I mostly refrain from commenting about player skills, offensive/defensive schemes, etc. because I recognize that many of the posters here (yourself included) plainly know more about those things than me. That’s why I come here in the first place – to read that kind of input and hopefully learn a little from everyone. However, I do know a little about business, negotiating and long term strategy – issues which are sometimes overlooked here - so I try to contribute some perspective from that angle. But, as always, you don’t need to listen and you are free to ignore my posts.
Lol ok.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:50 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:

Or:

3) The medical experts don't seem to think the heart condition is a big deal because they let him workout at the combine where they wouldn't let Maurice Hurst do the same last year, and some medical experts seem to think he doesn't have a heart condition at all. He was a top 5 talent in this draft available at 26, and Ballard passed on him and didn't get a first round draft pick in 2020 for his trouble despite dropping 20 slots very early in this draft. While I'm mildly annoyed at the decision making of the front office in this instance because getting a top 5 talent at 26 seems like a no brainer to me, especially at a position of need, I'm still confident based on their past results that they'll add a quality group of players to the roster.

3 seems the most rational to me.