ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2022, 11:31 AM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Irsay hurt himself with his substance abuse. He never physically or sexually harassed others in his employ. He has daughters who will be the principal owners of the Colts, this horseshit of rich men abusing female employees must STOP.
I'm not going to argue with you about Jim Irsay's virtue, but there are other things beside his addiction I could bring up, but I would rather not, because I like Jim Irsay and because I am also not perfect and don't consider it my place to air his dirty laundry.

BTW, I am not alone in my feelings that perhaps Jim is not the best spokesman for moral virtue.
Colts And Orioles (11-20-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 01:01 PM

Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
All I know about Brown is that he came from the Bears who have largely stunk for 35 years. No opinion on him.

Actually Morocco Brown's first job in the NFL was as a scouting intern with the Colts when Polian was the GM. Brown started that job after he finished his college football career at NC State. I believe he spent some time as an intern with Washington as well.

Following those entry jobs, he served in the following roles:

Assistant Director of Pro Personnel - Chicago - 2001 - 2007

Director of Pro Personnel - Washington - 2008 - 2013

Vice President of Player Personnel - Cleveland - 2014 - 2015

Director of College Scouting - Indianapolis - 2016 - 2022

Chief Personnel Executive - Indianapolis - 2022 -

Brown was hired for his second stint with the Colts by Ryan Grigson.

Ballard decided to keep him on as they had previously crossed paths when they both worked for the Bears at the same time.
Old 11-20-2022, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Because Irsay has a history of being hands off. He let Polian run the shop until it failed. Post Polian, he pulled the trigger on that one a little late, using hindsight.

Ballard has a good record finding talent. The Online was considered one of the best until that group totally failed. The remaining linemen have played well below their past efforts. You cant blame Ballard for the player preformance. That is on the coaching staff.

Finding a Qb is on both Ballard and Irsay. They should have tanked the season when Luck was put on the IR, But they didnt. They traded for Brisset and went .500. Because they thought Luck still gave them 5-6 years of play.

Jim Irsay will not tank a season. He is not his father. Yeah, he is eccentric, but he knows people. Hiring Saturday as HC, he gets a smart guy who will let the asst coaches do their job, he is going to establish the ATTITUDE. Oh, putting Ryan back at Qb is Irsay not tanking. Saturday didnt come in to tank. He came in to put up a fight. They could have hired any one off the street to tank.

Yeah, Irsay may be half a bubble of plumb, he isnt a quitter, and the Colts arent tanking. Fuck that shit. Go down swinging. I can get behind that kind of crazy
Agree with you here. He should have stayed more hands off and waited til end of year. Now he has his ass in the media for damages for the team to take.

Irsay please run your team like normal, cause you have a great perception of usually doing...

PS Irsay: stay off the media and twitter not helping anything. When one week you say Coaches and GMs are safe then start firing.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:54 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Heinecke is officially the starter going forward in Washington. Announced today by Rivera

It’s the worst possible scenario for the Colts. Washington keeps winning without Wentz playing.

Looks like it will be a mid to late 3rd round pick.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-28-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Heinecke is officially the starter going forward in Washington. Announced today by Rivera

It’s the worst possible scenario for the Colts. Washington keeps winning without Wentz playing.

Looks like it will be a mid to late 3rd round pick.
Of course they would, why wouldn't they?

Hell Heinicke is 4-1 since loser Wentz as been out...

Washington probably have better record if they started Heinicke over Wentz.

Colts was smart getting rid of him.. Wentz is not a starter!!
Old 11-27-2022, 06:01 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Heinicke has played better than Wentz has ...... there is no reason for the Redskins to reinsert Wentz at quarterback, regardless of the trade stipulations that they have with the Colts.

o
o

Heinicke led the Commanders to another win this afternoon, against the Falcons.

The Commanders are now 5-1 with Heinicke at quarterback ...... they owe us no explanation whatsoever for continuing to play Heinicke over Wentz.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
albany ed (11-27-2022), CletusPyle (11-27-2022), Dewey 5 (11-27-2022), Racehorse (11-28-2022), smitty46953 (11-27-2022), Spike (11-28-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 06:05 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Heinicke led the Commanders to another win this afternoon, against the Falcons.

The Commanders are now 5-1 with Heinicke at quarterback ...... they owe us no explanation whatsoever for continuing to play Heinicke over Wentz.

o
I wonder if they would have traded us Heinicke for Wentz?
Old 11-28-2022, 02:09 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
I don't think there's much of a chance that Ballard will stay. He's been completely undermined and looks like a fool. They'll come to some sort of contract buyout arrangement and he will leave. I doubt he has any problem finding a new job. The Colts however will be... interesting.
Bob Kravitz was talking about this on the Kevin and Query show this morning (11-28-22). He thinks Ballard will leave after coming to a gentleman's agreement.

Last edited by Brylok; 11-28-2022 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:12 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Which makes you wonder, if what someone else on this board suggested (sorry I forgot who and I am too lazy to look it up), that Saturday is really auditioning for the GM job and the Colts will have a real coaching search at the end of the season.
Kravitz talked about this, too. He thinks Saturday will be the GM next year. Again, from this morning's show (11-28-22).
Old 11-28-2022, 02:36 PM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Kravitz talked about this, too. He thinks Saturday will be the GM next year. Again, from this morning's show (11-28-22).
If that happens we will suck for a decade.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-28-2022), rcubed (11-28-2022)