ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Post whore

Chubb. Chubb. Chubb.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swing4DaFences View Post
If we have Luck, Saquon, Gore, and T.Y., we will be hard to stop on every single possession.
That's simply not true.

You win superbowls in this league with oline and dline and we've failed miserably the last 5+ years at scouting this talent.

It has to be Chubb. We don't need another shiny new toy (Barkley). Would I love to have him - hell yea, but the team needs Chubb.
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonTails For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (03-02-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
Chubb. Chubb. Chubb.
You need a moist towelette ?
Racehorse (03-02-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Post whore

The only way we take Barkley is if Chubb goes 1 or 2, and the Colts can't find a partner to trade down. My worst fear would be Chubb goes #1, Barkley #2, and we don't trade down.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:55 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Heard on the radio that Giants are really interested in Chubb at #2 rather than a QB. (Joel klatt maybe?). Anyway that would suck unless we are really looking to trade back.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:35 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Heard on the radio that Giants are really interested in Chubb at #2 rather than a QB. (Joel klatt maybe?). Anyway that would suck unless we are really looking to trade back.
Gettleman liked himself some 1st round RBs in Carolina. If he can’t find a trade partner targeting a QB, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go with Barkley.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Who was the last RB taken third? The answer might give sound reasoning.
and unfortunately no rings with the player that pick was used on.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Here is my take. I would love to stockpile picks if we had some impact players already on the team to build around. But we are lacking in a lot of areas. We will have a shot of at least at two of the four best players in this draft.

After QB, the second most important position in today's league iis a pass rusher. We do not have a bell cow in that area so our need aligns with the best defender in the draft: Chubb. I heard Mcglinchey say a few weeks ago in an interview that Chubb was hands down the best defender he has ever faced. He has also been working out against him every day in California. If you don't have a pass rush, you are going nowhere in this league. I think we should double dip in this draft at the very least. After Chubb, the DE candidates start to get sketchy. I don't want a project like Davenport. Sure he has a high ceiling, also has a low floor. For every Davenport that succeeds there are a ton that go by the wayside. I will take technique and skill over raw athleticism. IMO the first round is not the round to take those projects.

If Chubb is gone, I would go with Nelson. I really like Barkley, in the right offense he could be a devastating weapon. He isn't really a hard inside runner, you want to move him all over to create mismatches. He would be hard to pass by especially if you think he could have a Faulk type impact. That is really hard to pass by, especially since we need an impact player in the backfield. However, this draft is deep at RB: Guice, Jones, Johnson, Chubb, Michel, Freeman, Penny, Kelly, Adams, Walton, Ballage. Not all will be a bell cow, but there is a lot of potential in there and some of these guys will fall. We could get a good back in the third or fourth.

This is also a deep draft in interior linemen. Will Hernandez the past two years has been rated very close to Nelson, and was rated better last year. Bill Price, Raganow, Brandon, and more. There are guys to be had. The reason I say Nelson next after Chubb is b/c Nelson would allow Luck to step up in the pocket. I don't like drafting a guard that high, but his skill and potential has kind of won me over. Still, we could get a guy later and not have a lot of dropoff IMO.

If I have my way, this is how I would draft:
1. Bradley Chubb
2. Maurice Hurst

This would give us instant pass rush. I think Hurst might drop because teams are worried about his size holding up in the league. But in our scheme I think he would excel. He would give us that interior pass rush presence we lacked the last time we ran a 4-3. He would prevent QB's from stepping up into the pocket and they would be moving off their space. Combine that with Chubb's non-stop motor and they could be a devastating combination for years.

Defense wins championships, and this would instantly inject our D with the most critical component to win today. With these two on the front line, Hooker will capitalize from the mistakes that will be forced. Giving our offense more possessions, which equal more points, which means the other team has to pass more. Rinse, repeat.

Now check out this mock I saw this morning
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...op-five-picks/
Old 03-02-2018, 10:49 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
That would be a smart play. JPP is almost done. But they need a QB and they are kidding themselves if they think they will get a better shot at getting one in the next couple years. They can groom a guy for a couple years behind Eli, which is exactly what most of these QB's need.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:56 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
That would be a smart play. JPP is almost done. But they need a QB and they are kidding themselves if they think they will get a better shot at getting one in the next couple years. They can groom a guy for a couple years behind Eli, which is exactly what most of these QB's need.
It depends on their long term plan. They may know they'll suck for a few years. If they view the QB options in next year's draft as better than this year, they may take the pass rusher this year and wait a year on the QB.

Not really a big deal either way. If they take chubb, it makes our pick that much more valuable for some other team that wants a QB, so it could set up a big trade. If they don't take chubb, then we get him. Either way, we are sitting good.