ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-19-2018, 10:24 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
Ballard hasn't spent big money in free agency yet, what makes you think he will this year? He likely won't, he wants to build through the draft, which is a slow process, and wasting Andrew Luck in his prime during the process.
I don't think Ballard has said he will build only thru the draft. It is his primary way and I think we all would agree that your core usually comes thru the draft. I understand how you come down on the side that Ballard will just sit on all this money but I disagree. It makes sense to me to wait until you know what you can address thru the draft before bringing in guys. As far as this being a slow way to build a team, I disagree. I don't think that bringing in 3-4 free agents last year would speed up this rebuild one bit. Can you name one team that was able to build a Super Bowl winner thru free agency. Free agents might make us an average team faster, but the object of this rebuild is Super Bowl wins. I for one am sick of one and done and making the playoff on the shoulders of one player. This is, in my mind, exactly what we should be doing right now. To be clear, I think we should and will spend some money next year.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:19 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
So I agree it would't hurt development as none of these guys will be on the team when it gets to the promise land. But the problem is I don't or didn't see anyone in free agency that would have been here when we get there either. Maybe this years team is a little better if we signed a cb, but do you really care about being a little better this year? Seen thru the lens of a rebuild, it could be seen as a waste of money and resources that could be more wisely spent later.
Taking this one step further, let's assume Kenny Moore and Quincy Wilson are going to be really good starting corners and key contributors by 2019. If so, would they have gotten there with less playing opportunity in 2018?

We have no idea either way, but it's clear that Ballard is using 2018 as a developmental/evaluation year to figure out the answer to those questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-19-2018), sherck (10-19-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
Ballard hasn't spent big money in free agency yet, what makes you think he will this year? He likely won't, he wants to build through the draft, which is a slow process, and wasting Andrew Luck in his prime during the process.
This is my biggest problem, Luck won't be here forever. If Ballard shits the bed next year, I'm with Omaha, show the fucker the door.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
This is my biggest problem, Luck won't be here forever. If Ballard shits the bed next year, I'm with Omaha, show the fucker the door.
How easy do you think it was, without knowing if Luck could still play, to entice any free agent to sign in Indy?

The offense works, if people catch the ball. Luck can still throw it. This coming year, people will want to play in Indy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-19-2018), sherck (10-20-2018), TheMugwump (10-22-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 01:02 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
however, with the new rules QBs are playing much longer into their careers and still playing at a high level. Luck is 29 and could play for another decade barring serious injury.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Butter (10-19-2018), Racehorse (10-19-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 05:17 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
I agree that wasting some of Lucks years is a huge problem (not sure Ballard shitting himself is) but given where this team was last year, I don't see any other answer. Lucks loss of years has more to do mismanagement by the prior regime in my opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-19-2018), rcubed (10-20-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 06:05 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I know that. But he said "fact". Fact is, he's full of _________ (fill in the blank)

He doesn't know what happened in the room, he only got to see the game. If he does have all knowning all seeing powers, I would like to know about where the stock market is going to be in 3 months.
Yes, but a HOF jacket would not fix him being a _____. It also isn't necessary for sharing thoughts on a message board, even if they are just a word or two.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

There wouldnt be any message boards.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:41 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I agree that wasting some of Lucks years is a huge problem (not sure Ballard shitting himself is) but given where this team was last year, I don't see any other answer. Lucks loss of years has more to do mismanagement by the prior regime in my opinion.
I agree. But next year will be Ballard's 3rd year and he needs to fix some shit asap. I'm willing to give him a pass this year, but if he doesn't do enough next year, he absolutely needs to be shown the door.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
however, with the new rules QBs are playing much longer into their careers and still playing at a high level. Luck is 29 and could play for another decade barring serious injury.
Yep, but these fuckers running the organization need to surround him with more talent sooner rather than later. Next year will be telling on whether Ballard is worth a shit or not.

Last edited by Spike; 10-20-2018 at 12:53 AM.