ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-22-2021, 08:59 AM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I don't know...seems like a bit of stretch to me. Just because Reich worked well with Wentz doesn't mean Sirianni will. The fact that Reich and Sirianni worked together might actually mean they have different/complementary skill sets. Anyway, maybe I'm overthinking this...
The idea is that it reveals what Philly might be thinking, not whether they are right in thinking it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Dam8610 (01-22-2021), rcubed (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 10:48 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I wish Sirrianni luck. Philly is a tough town, I'm afraid he signed up for a rebuilding job.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:51 AM
Post whore

Quote:
I don't know...seems like a bit of stretch to me. Just because Reich worked well with Wentz doesn't mean Sirianni will. The fact that Reich and Sirianni worked together might actually mean they have different/complementary skill sets. Anyway, maybe I'm overthinking this...
I'm sure they will be different. But I am also sure Reich will give him some pointers and insight the other coaches wouldn't have. And just how to handle a talented but spirited employee. McDaniels was the only other OC and he has a rep for manipulation, half-truths, and mind games.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I'm sure they will be different. But I am also sure Reich will give him some pointers and insight the other coaches wouldn't have. And just how to handle a talented but spirited employee. McDaniels was the only other OC and he has a rep for manipulation, half-truths, and mind games.
No question, but my curiosity was more about whether by hiring Sirianni the Eagles are more or less likely to keep Wentz. Dam suggested earlier that it increased the likelihood that they’ll keep Wentz, and I was just trying to understand why he thought this might be. The idea that Sirianni might have absorbed some of Reich's compatibility with Wentz didn't necessarily follow to me.

On a more practical level, if the Eagles want to move on from Wentz, this is probably the offseason to do it based upon the cap discussion we had in another thread. They’ll be locked into him for essentially two more years if they don’t get rid of him by early March this year, and for a team that is facing serious cap issues I can’t imagine they can afford to carry a $30M backup QB. So the issue is coming to a head immediately in Sirianni’s tenure, and since I doubt the Eagles will be contending next year it might be a better strategy to focus on developing Hurt at this point.

Either way, I'm just curious more than anything. I wouldn't hate it if we traded for Wentz so long as we didn't give up the farm to do so, but I won't lose any sleep if we don't since there appear to be several other options available.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:31 AM
Post whore

Quote:
No question, but my curiosity was more about whether by hiring Sirianni the Eagles are more or less likely to keep Wentz. Dam suggested earlier that it increased the likelihood that they’ll keep Wentz, and I was just trying to understand why he thought this might be. The idea that Sirianni might have absorbed some of Reich's compatibility with Wentz didn't necessarily follow to me.

On a more practical level, if the Eagles want to move on from Wentz, this is probably the offseason to do it based upon the cap discussion we had in another thread. They’ll be locked into him for essentially two more years if they don’t get rid of him by early March this year, and for a team that is facing serious cap issues I can’t imagine they can afford to carry a $30M backup QB. So the issue is coming to a head immediately in Sirianni’s tenure, and since I doubt the Eagles will be contending next year it might be a better strategy to focus on developing Hurt at this point.

Either way, I'm just curious more than anything. I wouldn't hate it if we traded for Wentz so long as we didn't give up the farm to do so, but I won't lose any sleep if we don't since there appear to be several other options available.
My guess is the owner has a lot invested in Wentz and it was easier to get rid of pederson. He couldn’t get Reich so he got the closest thing he could. Kinda like if you know Mcvey you get a coaching interview. I bet they keep him.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:45 AM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Be interesting to see if Sirianni takes anyone from the Colts staff with him to Philly.

The Gannon to Philly rumors started once Sirianni was named head coach. It is finally official. Sirianni is also hiring Kevin Patullo as Philly's passing game coordinator.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1353349185207197697

Quote:
The Eagles have agreed to terms with Colts DBs coach Jonathan Gannon to be their new defensive coordinator, per me and Tom Pelissero. A coveted candidate lands in Philly for Nick Sirianni.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...54007536955395

Quote:
The Eagles also agreed to terms with Colts assistant Kevin Patullo as their offensive pass game coordinator, per source. Nick Sirianni bringing along some familiar faces to Philly.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:39 PM

Sirianni has added another Colt coach to his staff in Philly:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...25399838035971

Quote:
The Eagles are hiring Jason Michael as their tight ends coach, source said. Michael — the former Titans OC — coached TEs the past two seasons with the Colts. Another Nick Sirianni connection.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:48 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Sirianni has added another Colt coach to his staff in Philly:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...25399838035971
It’s also allowing Brady to bring in guys he would like as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
It’s also allowing Brady to bring in guys he would like as well.

Considering that two of these are lateral movements, I would guess that Reich and Sirianni had a discussion about this topic.

A little staff turnover is not a bad thing - it allows to get a few new voices in the room.

It also may allow Reich to bring in a few guys that weren't available when Reich was originally constructing his staff. He had reportedly wanted Milanovich on his staff but he wasn't available a few years ago.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Sirianni is also hiring Kevin Patullo as Philly's passing game coordinator.
I guess the Colts and Philly are swapping passing game coordinators. Sirianni hired ex-Colt coach Kevin Patullo as Philly's new passing game coordinator.

According to Al Breer, ex-Eagle passing game coordinator Press Taylor will help fill the void on the Colts coaching staff.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...59718739107840

Quote:
Sources: Ex-Eagles pass-game coordinator Press Taylor is expected to join Colts coach Frank Reich's staff. Indy lost Nick Sirianni and Kevin Patullo this month, and Taylor will help to fill the gaps.

Reich and Taylor worked together in Philly.