ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 07-13-2020, 05:14 PM

Default What makes Quenton Nelson a great leader? (video)

What makes NFL Offensive Linemen great leaders? (Big Q among them)

Who are the top 2 offensive linemen of their positions?

Is Quenton Nelson a 'dog', as Cameron Heyward said?

Joe Noobo & I break down these questions!

I hope you enjoy this stream, I had a ton of fun talking offensive linemen. I know they are not the 'sexy' topic, but the big boys up front make the entire offense go.

Youtube: https://youtu.be/23JIQVNouWA

SportsCastr: https://sc.ws/1bdaly.0
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawrence Owen For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 08:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

I heard estimates on the radio about Quinton’s next contract. They estimated he could be about 20 million a year. If he becomes the best guard in the nfl, is he worth that to a team?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Lawrence Owen (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 12:32 PM

Washington's: Brandon Scherff is the highest paid Guard in the NFL right now (about $15mil/year)

Highest paid Tackle is $22 mil , Texans: Tunsil.

I could see Nelson reaching close to $20 mil on an extension next year, if the Colts use the 5th year option, then tack an extension on top.

I believe his leadership/on field play (which elevates those around him also) is worth that kind of $$. He would re-write Guard contracts in the NFL.

The real question is how much total does Ballard drop into the O-line with Kelly and Smith's contracts coming up also....
Old 07-14-2020, 04:59 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen View Post
Washington's: Brandon Scherff is the highest paid Guard in the NFL right now (about $15mil/year)

Highest paid Tackle is $22 mil , Texans: Tunsil.

I could see Nelson reaching close to $20 mil on an extension next year, if the Colts use the 5th year option, then tack an extension on top.

I believe his leadership/on field play (which elevates those around him also) is worth that kind of $$. He would re-write Guard contracts in the NFL.

The real question is how much total does Ballard drop into the O-line with Kelly and Smith's contracts coming up also....
Yup Nelson is expected to blow that out of the water. Lot of money going into that oline. And not a franchise QB in sight. Be interesting to see what happens. Go after Aaron Rodgers next?
Old 07-15-2020, 08:46 AM

Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,187 Posts

I read that Big Q hasn't given up a sack in 30 games, which is quite an accomplishment.

Although technically that is true, I consider the play where Javon Hargrave rag dolled Big Q into Brissett's foot, causing the knee injury to be the same as a sack.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Yup Nelson is expected to blow that out of the water. Lot of money going into that oline. And not a franchise QB in sight. Be interesting to see what happens. Go after Aaron Rodgers next?
Somebody in the Maholmes thread talked about the "moneyball" concept and it would not surprise me to see Ballard go that way.

If you are not spending $35 - $40m a year on a franchise QB, then that is a lot of cap to devote to other spots in order to pay them top dollar.

Yeah, this season we have $46m devoted to QB between Rivers and Brisset but starting next year, it is a clean slate with a young 2nd year QB on roster. What Ballard does will be interesting to watch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tags
colts, nfl