ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 06-22-2020, 10:53 AM

I think that there is too much money involved for there not to be a season.

None of the NFL players are in any of the risk categories. Age, diabetes, asthma, other medical conditions leading to compromise. None of them have any of them.

My guess is that there will be protocols for those who find themselves COVID positive and in the infectious stage during the week. They will have to take 2 or 3 weeks off.

However, once a player has been positive and is out of the infectious stage, I suspect they will be allowed to play no issues.

I think there will be a season of televised games with no crowds in the stadium which will allow the money to continue to flow

Now college football? Yeah, I see it being cancelled because the colleges are much more likely to cave to public pressure (see OK State coach) in the attempt to appease the social media masses. I don't think they will probably play and that means next year's draft will be a cluster.

But the NFL? I expect to see a season out of them in 2020 / 2021.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
daedge (06-22-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 11:41 AM

Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
None of the NFL players are in any of the risk categories. Age, diabetes, asthma, other medical conditions leading to compromise. None of them have any of them.
There are NFL players that have played with asthma conditions. If I'm not mistaken Mark Andrews is a diabetic as well. So their a serious health concerns for a select few.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,569 Times in 914 Posts

Von Miller has asthma and apparently has already had COVID-19.

The thing about COVID-19 that makes it extra difficult to navigate for having pro sporting events is that it's not just about the death rate. This thing does damage in some cases that would end an athlete's career. There's a possibility that a star player could get it, not die, but have to retire because his lungs are destroyed. That's why I'm not very confident about a season being played.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:36 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
I think that there is too much money involved for there not to be a season.

My guess is that there will be protocols for those who find themselves COVID positive and in the infectious stage during the week. They will have to take 2 or 3 weeks off.

However, once a player has been positive and is out of the infectious stage, I suspect they will be allowed to play no issues.

I think there will be a season of televised games with no crowds in the stadium which will allow the money to continue to flow

Now college football? Yeah, I see it being cancelled because the colleges are much more likely to cave to public pressure (see OK State coach) in the attempt to appease the social media masses. I don't think they will probably play and that means next year's draft will be a cluster.

But the NFL? I expect to see a season out of them in 2020 / 2021.
There are absolutely players with health conditions that may be affected worse than others. Even if you don't have health conditions, there are no guarantees that you may not get a severe case. It may be unlikely that they would, but it's not 100% guarantee by any means.

How are you going to tell when a player is out of the infectuous stage? with covid, they can be infectuous even without a fever. I don't think there is any way they let anyone testing positive play. Not only for the impossible task of trying to determine if they are infectuous, but for the legal liability as well. The NFL does NOT want to deal with a bunch of legal headaches.

They will have a season, but people are going to be sitting out, possibly star players, and possibly multiple players, coaches, trainers, etc as well. It's going to be a mess.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:56 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Von Miller has asthma and apparently has already had COVID-19.

The thing about COVID-19 that makes it extra difficult to navigate for having pro sporting events is that it's not just about the death rate. This thing does damage in some cases that would end an athlete's career. There's a possibility that a star player could get it, not die, but have to retire because his lungs are destroyed. That's why I'm not very confident about a season being played.
That’s exactly what I’m talking about, many healthy young adults don’t die, but will have permanent health effects like lung problems, heart rhythm irregularities, clotting problems, autoimmune reactions, etc.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:14 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
There are NFL players that have played with asthma conditions. If I'm not mistaken Mark Andrews is a diabetic as well. So their a serious health concerns for a select few.

Yeah I hate that argument. Just because you are not necessarily in the highest category for risk of death doesnt mean you wont have health issues, possibly long term issues. Or just simply being someone who passes it on to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2020, 06:43 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Most of the owners are geriatric. If Jerry Jones, Irsay, Kraft, whoever got the virus, I doubt they'd come out of it very well. I'd imagine they'd prefer to live.
As an aside, I've watched a couple of English soccer games with no fans present. It is very odd, especially with the piped-in crowd noise during the games. Reaction effects, cheering, whistling/booing, etc...and not a soul is there. Just weird.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
That’s exactly what I’m talking about, many healthy young adults don’t die, but will have permanent health effects like lung problems, heart rhythm irregularities, clotting problems, autoimmune reactions, etc.
Yeah, that's not true. They do die. More survive, but they have LIFE LONG problems because their lungs will be damaged and fixing it is really difficult.

If you wind up in the hospital you are luck you get out if your are some old fart. You get out when you are in your 30s, it may not be worth it. This virus is a MOFO and it if it rears its ugly head, isn't kind.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:45 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

"Post whore" status achieved after changing my sig. That's just swell. I guess I'mma have to drive up to Tennessee and take racehorse out for a drink after equaling his status. Most of my posts are in game threads (I actually watch the games, unlike a lot of you people). Worlds are colliding...! Brylok is getting upset!
Racehorse (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 05:57 AM

slim to none