ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-11-2020, 08:46 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

People that don’t wear masks have little dicks
Old 08-11-2020, 09:03 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
- Non-serious medical issue for the rest of the population. Like having the flu.
This is not true. Some % of otherwise healthy people die anyway. Even more have long term health complications that can include heart arrhythmia, clotting disorder, autoimmune disease, brain damage, lung damage, and more. Some of these long-term complications, esp the auto-immune response, are the strongest in children.

Quote:
- Very conflicting medical advice being given out about the effectiveness of: masks use, social distancing, length of time it is viable outside of a body, amount of virus in a cough viral load or effectiveness of disinfecting surfaces. For every study that concludes one way, I can find one that concludes another way.
the short answer: if masks did not help prevent the wearer from spreading infectious disease, the surgeons would not have started wearing them during surgery. Its a simple as that. Surgeons wearing masks and gloves is to protect the patient from the surgeon, and the same holds true for spreading infectious disease in the general population.
You have to learn to deal with the ambiguities of science, different studies with different methods, samples, measures, etc will give varying results. Its the inherent nature of science. Scientists are not alarmed by this variance, and still see the trend and understand why the studies vary, and they did not waver in their recommendations for mask wearing and social distancing.

Quote:
- While the virus is a concern, the fear mongering around the virus is WAY over the top. It has purpose.
despite your hinting at some politicization, which vague nonsense, the reality is that 162,000 americans have died since this started. That is triple the numbers of "bad" flu year, and we're not even a full 6 months into this yet. It could be a lot worse if we don't follow protocols, (and it could have been so *less* worse if we'd done what most other civilized countries do, but somehow that's not "freedom"?)
And don't start with suspicions about the counting of deaths (in terms of supposed mislabeled causes of death). When you have something on this scale happening so quickly, data collection is bound to be inconsistent, but that is still a real body count above. An error rate of 10% (which is unrealistically high) still means 145,000+ dead.

Quote:
- Study out of the UK this past weekend over their summer term: Apr - Jun, 110,000 school aged children, over 200 school districts. Almost zero reported cases of either student to student transmission or student to teacher transmission. The fear mongering about our kids going back to school is over the top.
You got a link? I can't find any such paper and everything I've found suggested that in England they have keep kids out of school all summer.

Quote:
- If this were 2019 or 2021, I think the fear mongering would be significantly less than what we have seen this year. I think the fear mongering is attempting to effect an election.
again, the deaths are real and dwarf all the "whatabouttas". And is it really fear that drives the mask and social distancing mandates?

Quote:
- I predict that the fear mongering about COVID will almost disappear on 04 November 2020. The media will start fear mongering about something else (Trump the Dictator or Biden the Savior) but I don't think it will be COVID anymore.
Your predictions will be wrong. People will not suddenly stop dying. Its not fake. All these sports are not voluntarily losing millions to push some political agenda. You believe in nonsense from fox news.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:29 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
My two cents on COVID (not that anyone cares but everyone seems to be throwing it in):

- Serious medical condition for some small portion of the population with one or more of the following medical issues: older, hypertensive, diabetic, have cancer or have other compromised health issues. Yeah, I have the trifecta of being older with hypertension and diabetes! Yeah me!

- Non-serious medical issue for the rest of the population. Like having the flu.

- Very conflicting medical advice being given out about the effectiveness of: masks use, social distancing, length of time it is viable outside of a body, amount of virus in a cough viral load or effectiveness of disinfecting surfaces. For every study that concludes one way, I can find one that concludes another way.

- While the virus is a concern, the fear mongering around the virus is WAY over the top. It has purpose.

- Study out of the UK this past weekend over their summer term: Apr - Jun, 110,000 school aged children, over 200 school districts. Almost zero reported cases of either student to student transmission or student to teacher transmission. The fear mongering about our kids going back to school is over the top.

- If this were 2019 or 2021, I think the fear mongering would be significantly less than what we have seen this year. I think the fear mongering is attempting to effect an election.

- I predict that the fear mongering about COVID will almost disappear on 04 November 2020. The media will start fear mongering about something else (Trump the Dictator or Biden the Savior) but I don't think it will be COVID anymore.

My two cents.
http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/newr...reply&p=165627

Better wear a mask. This would explain why hot spots occur in stores, nursing homes, schools, bars, churches where people are not wearing masks
Old 08-12-2020, 09:50 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
People that don’t wear masks have little dicks
I wear masks and have the dick of a 5 foot 10 white guy that wears size 9.5 shoes. There is a venn diagram dying to be made here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (08-12-2020), Racehorse (08-12-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,123 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Betcha I've worked more days during this pandemic than you have. I've been averaging 1.5 days off per week since April. I've gotten it under control now, at a manageable 50-55 hours/week. Hell, I got here at 9AM and I'm still at work. So let's not go there. Also, it's never been about who ends up being right, it's about not being a fucking douchebag. I guess you're just dense.
100% there’s a season I’ll bet whatever you want since you work so much you should have some extra change to lose
Old 08-12-2020, 10:22 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I wear masks and have the dick of a 5 foot 10 white guy that wears size 9.5 shoes. There is a venn diagram dying to be made here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
You mean average. You have an average dick, congrats.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:36 AM

Thanked 1,252 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I don’t understand how masks got politicized. They don’t protect the user 100% that well, but they protect everyone else from the user. If everyone wears them then we bring transmission down. If something is telling you different then it is someone with an agenda. Wear a mask, protect your neighbor.

As for the fear mongering. Covid is now the third largest killer in the US now, and doesn’t seem to be stopping. If people don’t take it seriously it will not go away. People don’t have to freak out, just don’t minimize it either. You could say the left leaning news is talking too much Covid, but the right leaning news talks about protests 90% of the time. And I watch both. My sister lives in Portland, lives downtown works in the city, and she says she hasn’t even seen any of the protests. But watching the news you would think the city is burning down. I think we have a tendency to sensationalize issues more than they are in general. But I really don’t care about graffiti on public buildings as much when compared to a pandemic that could kill me.

People just need to listen to the medical advice from the experts, not the president or infowars or that one YouTube poster who also thinks the world is flat. Take it seriously, listen to advice and take precautions. And we can then end this sooner and get back to football.

Masks became politicized b/c the experts in the US (and by experts I mean Dr. Adams, Dr. Fauchi, etc.; not Trump) royally fucked up by initially telling us that masks wouldn't really help and in some cases (Dr. Adams) urged the population not to purchase them. Then a ~month into it they pulled a 180 and started telling everyone to wear them. There should have been enough data between Asian countries that handled the outbreak well (Japan, Taiwan) and European countries that didn't (Italy, France) for our experts to have known that wearing masks were a good idea.

With that being said, wearing a mask and keeping your distance from people outside your home are pretty easy asks (although I have yet to find a mask that doesn't fog up my glasses; fortunately I can get by pretty well without them), and we should all be following those recommendations/mandates until this is over with.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-13-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 09:58 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Masks became politicized b/c the experts in the US (and by experts I mean Dr. Adams, Dr. Fauchi, etc.; not Trump) royally fucked up by initially telling us that masks wouldn't really help and in some cases (Dr. Adams) urged the population not to purchase them. Then a ~month into it they pulled a 180 and started telling everyone to wear them. There should have been enough data between Asian countries that handled the outbreak well (Japan, Taiwan) and European countries that didn't (Italy, France) for our experts to have known that wearing masks were a good idea.

With that being said, wearing a mask and keeping your distance from people outside your home are pretty easy asks (although I have yet to find a mask that doesn't fog up my glasses; fortunately I can get by pretty well without them), and we should all be following those recommendations/mandates until this is over with.
Science changes when new facts emerge. Europe also was told no mask initially. When evidence that masks worked became obvious they changed their policy without any political issues. We have issues because the guy running the country needs division and doesn't put his full weight behind the wearing of masks.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:44 AM

Thanked 1,252 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Science changes when new facts emerge. Europe also was told no mask initially. When evidence that masks worked became obvious they changed their policy without any political issues. We have issues because the guy running the country needs division and doesn't put his full weight behind the wearing of masks.
While scientists are learning more about the virus itself everyday, masks have been around for centuries if not millennia. You would think epidemiologists would have had data on the uses of masks in similar types of virus outbreaks to make a better recommendation than urging people not to wear them. At the very least they should have been able to put together Asia=masks=minimal outbreak, Europe=no masks=shit hitting the fan.

Anyway, I agree that Trump is part of the problem and that anti-maskers are ricockulous. I was just answering the question as to how mask wearing became politicized in the first place.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:46 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
This is a good post. Things change and we need to adapt quickly. Wearing a mask shouldnt be a big deal and we could cut down transmission rates if everyone wore them. But trump chose to not get behind the advice of scientists because his whole platform is "he knows best" and the dumbass people that blindly follow his every word got right behind it. Add on top that we have a lot of stupid people in this country that fight against something just to fight. Trump recently started somewhat supporting masks because he saw his poll numbers plummeting. Trump cares about getting reelected, nothing else.