ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-14-2018, 05:25 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts
Default Maybe Dam was right

So here we sit 1-5 and just got spanked by a bad team w/ a rookie QB. It's ridiculous how bad our offense is with their first half net total score being -8 points in the first half of the last 3 games (although some could -11, but I'm not including the FG scored after Luck's int at midfield of the NE game as all on the O). I fully expected us to be much better just based off of better coaching alone, but that hasn't happened at least on the offensive side. Maybe Dam was right and Clappy McWoodchopper wasn't all that bad.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:42 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
So here we sit 1-5 and just got spanked by a bad team w/ a rookie QB. It's ridiculous how bad our offense is with their first half net total score being -8 points in the first half of the last 3 games (although some could -11, but I'm not including the FG scored after Luck's int at midfield of the NE game as all on the O). I fully expected us to be much better just based off of better coaching alone, but that hasn't happened at least on the offensive side. Maybe Dam was right and Clappy McWoodchopper wasn't all that bad.
No,no,just no.

You had maybe one guy in O who can consistently catch the ball. Both sides of the ball are beat up. Can anyone tell me who played RG today? Smith was at RT and he didnt suck.

The O was pretty good when they didnt tip the ball to the jets. The O was fun to watch. The D played all out. They are missing the best pass rushers and depth. There was coaching on the side lines for the Colts. You cant say that for Chuck
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Spike (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 05:47 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
No,no,just no.

You had maybe one guy in O who can consistently catch the ball. Both sides of the ball are beat up. Can anyone tell me who played RG today? Smith was at RT and he didnt suck.

The O was pretty good when they didnt tip the ball to the jets. The O was fun to watch. The D played all out. They are missing the best pass rushers and depth. There was coaching on the side lines for the Colts. You cant say that for Chuck
Did Luck even get sacked today? How many times was he pressured? Now compare that to the O-Line the previous 3 seasons, where Luck and Brissett were getting hit almost every time they stepped back to pass.

This offense is light years ahead of those offenses from a tactical standpoint, so let's stop with this nonsense.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 05:52 PM

See the thread on this game, plenty to be critical about with certain play calls

Overall though I still like the offensive scheme MUCH better than prior years with Pagano.

Its been drops, mistakes by Luck, stupid risky play call that have killed them.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
No,no,just no.

No, the O was god awful today. Pick 6 on a drop by Mack, couldn't get into the end zone from 1st and goal from the half yard line (Hines drop on 3rd down), 2 terrible ints by Luck, 3rd and out without taking any time off the close at the end of the first half which allowed them ample time to extend their lead. The D is much better under Eberflus than Manchichi, but our Offense still sucks. I know there are 2 big injuries right now with Hilton and Doyle, but really disappointing that they're this bad this late in the season.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:55 PM

Luck's also playing with NO weapons.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
No, the O was god awful today. Pick 6 on a drop by Mack, couldn't get into the end zone from 1st and goal from the half yard line (Hines drop on 3rd down), 2 terrible ints by Luck, 3rd and out without taking any time off the close at the end of the first half which allowed them ample time to extend their lead. The D is much better under Eberflus than Manchichi, but our Offense still sucks. I know there are 2 big injuries right now with Hilton and Doyle, but really disappointing that they're this bad this late in the season.
we aren't going to agree at all on this one.

You don't score 34 points with a "god awful" offense

Certainly they made mistakes, but you should win most games scoring over 30 in this league
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
JAFF (10-14-2018), Racehorse (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
we aren't going to agree at all on this one.

You don't score 34 points with a "god awful" offense

Certainly they made mistakes, but you should win most games scoring over 30 in this league
This game was lost in the first half where our O gift wrapped a td to them on the 2nd play of the game and then turned the ball over 2 more times on our side of the field which turned into 10 more points for them. Going 3 and out and only taking ~15 sec off the clock at the end of the half, and settling for a FG from 1st and goal on the half yard line didn't help either (on a drive started deep in their territory courtesy of a turnover from our D).

Edit: In addition our O handed over 20 points form turnovers in their own end. Not even including the points they left on the field by not getting into the end zone from the red zone (at least 8) then their net effect was 14 not 34. Yes, go awful.

Also in addition I love how Chester Rogers is able to catch the ball when we're down by multiple scores and it's pretty much meaningless. Can't believe Fontain is actually worse than that worthless POS.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 10-14-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:49 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Losing is hard. Makes it hard to think clearly.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (10-14-2018), omahacolt (10-14-2018), Racehorse (10-14-2018), rcubed (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
It is possible for a team to hire to head coaches in a row. It happens all of the time. Some will never be head coach material. This might be another one of them. We almost had one of BB's assistants and those aren't successful either.