ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-10-2017, 08:48 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I'm not sure what you give him a hard time. Would you rather have Tolzien?
I don't think it would really matter but no. Brissett is young and tough. Would rather watch him.

I don't give him a hard time. I just judge him for his play and it isn't good too often. And I don't think it is entirely scheme related.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
How many mistakes do you remember? the pass behind TY that he still had in his hand... OK.... if that's the worst he did then fine....

Yea he doesnt see the whole field, but Ill be honest... I think maybe that is how he is being coached... Call the play and you have 2 reads.... then he has to run... He doesnt have time to go through the entire progression

He didn't turn the ball over, he was only sacked one time when he got caught from behind ....on a long developing play with no open receivers....

Is he a franchise QB? No but getting this upset over a back up QB is ridiculous
Nobody is upset
Old 12-10-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
Manning was indecisive his first year as a starter. Remember fans calling him "happy feet Manning"? Manning left plays on the field too.

Obviously, Brissett isn't projected to have anywhere near that level of success ultimately, but to say he'll never be anything beyond a journeyman backup is selling him short. He seems driven and that he cares enough to be successful, rather than just happy to be on an NFL roster. I think learning from a good coaching staff, running an offense that plays to his strengths, and given better receivers than Moncrief, Aiken, or some clown wearing number 43 would all lead to him being a legit starting-caliber quarterback. Getting rid of the ball and getting though his progressions are growing pains of most rookie QB's.
People said a lot of dumb shit about manning. Not sure how that is relevant.

Brissett has the size, arm and accuracy needed to be a starter. I don't see him ever having the decisiveness to be a quality starter. He doesn't throw to open guys constantly. Doesn't see the rush. And takes sacks instead of throwing the ball away.

I don't see that being coached out of him.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

Brissett has the size, arm and accuracy needed to be a starter. I don't see him ever having the decisiveness to be a quality starter. He doesn't throw to open guys constantly. Doesn't see the rush. And takes sacks instead of throwing the ball away.

Perhaps beat it out of him ?
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

Your last point could easily be coached out of him.... well it should be easy enough to coach.... I thought he did much better on that today honestly

Decisiveness comes from knowing the system and trusting that your receiver will be where the play says he will be. From repeated reps of the same routes over and over again in the offseason. I'd hate for him to be married to a bad offense like this, especially since we all know it is changing to something else ASAP.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:02 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
How many mistakes do you remember? the pass behind TY that he still had in his hand... OK.... if that's the worst he did then fine....

Yea he doesnt see the whole field, but Ill be honest... I think maybe that is how he is being coached... Call the play and you have 2 reads.... then he has to run... He doesnt have time to go through the entire progression

He didn't turn the ball over, he was only sacked one time when he got caught from behind ....on a long developing play with no open receivers....

Is he a franchise QB? No but getting this upset over a back up QB is ridiculous
I mean, I'm just telling you: he has missed at least 3 wide open TDs the last 2 weeks. I agree he has QB1 level skills. I agree Chud doesn't put him in best position to succeed.

But it doesn't change the fact that he routinely leaves 7-14 PPG on the field, and earlier this season, was often gifting 7 the other way.

He can't process the game in real time. It's just the reality of his game.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:08 PM

I think it's premature to project his potential at this point. Besides the points made re coaching and scheme he didn't have the off season to prepare....this is all OTJ for a 23 year old. I think despite the mistakes he makes in each game (and yes some of them have cost us games) what he has accomplished given the extraordinary circumstances is really remarkable. Fortunate for us he has a few years on this rookie contract and he's a very good backup QB for now. I don't mind having him back up andrew at all next year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Maniac (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I mean, I'm just telling you: he has missed at least 3 wide open TDs the last 2 weeks. I agree he has QB1 level skills. I agree Chud doesn't put him in best position to succeed.

But it doesn't change the fact that he routinely leaves 7-14 PPG on the field, and earlier this season, was often gifting 7 the other way.

He can't process the game in real time. It's just the reality of his game.
I can agree with all of that.

I think AV lost the game today... bad weather was a factor of course. I would have never guessed he would miss that last FG. Thought for sure we won when he kicked it....
Old 12-10-2017, 09:16 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
I can agree with all of that.

I think AV lost the game today... bad weather was a factor of course. I would have never guessed he would miss that last FG. Thought for sure we won when he kicked it....
Hard to blame a kicker in a foot of snow