ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-20-2017, 04:35 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts
Default cowboys vs colts thoughts

i am going to rewatch that shit hopefully tomorrow and will add some thoughts after i do but my initial take is.

hankins looked like shit last night. anyone else notice that? hopefully just shaking off the rust but i was not impressed.

al woods looked bad as well.

our lines were just beat to shit in pretty much every regard. which i did not think would happen with our dline.

i still don't really think morrison will be much of a lber but i do admire the way that dude doesn't back down.

tj green is not a corner and might get cut.

marlon mack was just fantastic.

if clark isn't the guy at rt then ballard shit the bed there. if he doubted him he should have brought in some kind of legitimate competition.

wtf with playing AC the 1st half? and vontae was playing way longer than i wanted to see.

morris has been playing against 3rd stringers and isn't really going against exotic looks. that said, he was accurate, had some zip on some passes and looked comfortable. wtf is going on here?

cb mitchell is terrible

pagano is a shit coach. this team does not play hard for the guy. we get punched in the mouth every single game. there needs to be a major culture change in indy. this team is not tough and hasn't been for a long damn time.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (08-22-2017), bertjones (08-20-2017), Coltsalr (08-20-2017), Dewey 5 (08-20-2017), Indiana V2 (08-21-2017), Indystu2 (08-21-2017), sherck (08-21-2017), TêteDeFer (08-20-2017), Thorgrim (08-20-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 04:42 PM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

marlon mack was just fantastic.

cb mitchell is terrible Yes he is.
So he will average less than 5 touches per game during the regular season, because Pags will refuse to take carries away from Gore and Turbin.

I say just play Hairston a lot at CB 2 and see what we have.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:37 PM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

hankins looked like shit last night. anyone else notice that? hopefully just shaking off the rust but i was not impressed.

al woods looked bad as well.

our lines were just beat to shit in pretty much every regard. which i did not think would happen with our dline.
Yea, the only optimism I have here is that Dallas has the best offensive line in the NFL, so a lot of d-lines get manhandled against them.

Quote:
pagano is a shit coach. this team does not play hard for the guy. we get punched in the mouth every single game. there needs to be a major culture change in indy. this team is not tough and hasn't been for a long damn time.
this is the real issue.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Indystu2 (08-21-2017), Racehorse (08-20-2017), sherck (08-21-2017), VeveJones007 (08-25-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 07:19 PM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

The issues with Pagano have been there since his very first year. It's just unreal he has survived as long as he has. I guess throwing everyone around him under the bus helps quite a bit.

Just so frustrating. This should be the first year for our new coach. Give him a year to implement his stuff and Ballard a year to build the roster and shoot for the playoffs next year. Instead, this will be a wasted year and Pags will finally be poopcanned on black Monday, if not before.

Just a bunch of bullshit.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:22 PM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

Also, Morris not playing more and sooner is just par for the course with Pagano The Moron in charge. Same deal with McGill, IMO. Both guys playing in the 4th quarter when they should be primary backups.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:46 PM

Was Hankins playing out of position? As in DT, with Al Woods at NT?

His problem in NY last season was that he got bumped out of NT when Snacks Harrison came onboard.

That would be our coaching staff to keep him away from his best position. The kicker would be that unlike Snacks Harrison who's actually dominant, Al Woods sucks, so moving Hankins away from his strong suit is extra super really retarded.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (08-21-2017), Maniac (08-20-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 09:06 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Was Hankins playing out of position? As in DT, with Al Woods at NT?

His problem in NY last season was that he got bumped out of NT when Snacks Harrison came onboard.

That would be our coaching staff to keep him away from his best position. The kicker would be that unlike Snacks Harrison who's actually dominant, Al Woods sucks, so moving Hankins away from his strong suit is extra super really retarded.
He was playing 3 tech every time I looked
Old 08-21-2017, 12:21 PM
Post whore

So effing sad, but expected, that we're already hating on Pagano, and want him fired yesterday. Man, Irsay is such an idiot keeping Pags, and he is setting the franchise back even further by keeping Pags around.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
So effing sad, but expected, that we're already hating on Pagano, and want him fired yesterday. Man, Irsay is such an idiot keeping Pags, and he is setting the franchise back even further by keeping Pags around.
And Irsay is wants "multiple " Super Bowl championships with Luck !!!!!! Good luck with that wet dream!!!
Old 08-21-2017, 01:25 PM

Definition of insanity.....doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Let's face it until we have different leadership we are certain to see more stupid penalties, missed tackles, poor decision making on special teams, bad clock management, failure to game plan around the talent you have available (we just do what we do.....chop chop), slow in game adjustments, slow talent adjustments based on performance (TTich, Tolzein, etc, etc......). Just slow, uninspired, mediocrity at every level.....insanity.

That said, I firmly believe Ballard had no part in retaining Pagano and I firmly believe that even if Luck straps this coaching staff on his back like he did seasons 1-3 and hauls them to a playoff appearance that won't save Pagano. I heard him say in an interview on DD several months ago that how well he develops the young guys is how Pagano will be evaluated.

Until then, well......keep chopping wood. Insanity.