ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Draft class pressures per pass-rush snap (via PFF):

Quote:
Burns – 16.5%
Allen – 23.4%
Ferguson – 20.8%
Bosa (17) – 20.7%
Ferrell – 17.3%
Q Williams – 16.7%
Oliver – 10.2%
Sweat – 18.0%
Wilkins – 14.0%
Polite – 16.4%
Gary – 13.9%
Simmons – 10.6%
I think this stat is important because the Colts pointed to it as part of the reason they drafted Turay. Ferguson is a guy to keep an eye on here, as he could be in play for 26 or 34; however, he did compile those stats against lesser competition.

Quote:
And for what it's worth – the top 5 draft-eligible edge defenders + interior D-linemen in terms of pressures per pass-rush snap from 2018 (min. 150 pass-rushes):

Ronheen Bingham: 23.6%
Josh Allen: 23.4%
Malik Reed: 21.0%
Jaylon Ferguson: 20.8%
Christian Miller: 19.2%
Old 02-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Draft class pressures per pass-rush snap (via PFF):

I think this stat is important because the Colts pointed to it as part of the reason they drafted Turay. Ferguson is a guy to keep an eye on here, as he could be in play for 26 or 34; however, he did compile those stats against lesser competition.
I think Zach Allen is an underrated prospect. He isn't a bendy dynamo against the pass but he is solid all around and makes a lot of plays off effort. He also isn't a liability against the run like a lot of these guys.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:32 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,607 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think Zach Allen is an underrated prospect. He isn't a bendy dynamo against the pass but he is solid all around and makes a lot of plays off effort. He also isn't a liability against the run like a lot of these guys.
Zach Allen is overrated if anything. He has no rush moves to speak of and his only plan of attack is "run through the guy in front of me" which rarely works and will work even less in the NFL.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Here is a draft trade chart

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

We would have to give our 1st and two 2nds this year. Our 1st and 2nd next year. And maybe Brisset. That is 5 top 60 players for one all-pro player. Seems a lot.

Grady Jarret was a 5th round pick. There are lots of DTs in this class and will be a few next year. I think I would rather have a DE, CB, DT than just one DT. Plus whatever guys next year.
Grady Jarrett himself will also be a free agent this year.

I agree, no need to go all Ditka for Quinnen Williams.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I don't think it's worth what it would actually take to get to 1, but having Quinnen Williams sure would be nice.
Four years ago you were outraged over Grigson not signing Suh.

Are you similarly hoping that Ballard does so this offseason?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:53 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Four years ago you were outraged over Grigson not signing Suh.

Are you similarly hoping that Ballard does so this offseason?
Four years ago, Suh was 28, now he's 32. Definitely not the same player and definitely on the decline, so I'm not nearly as interested. Besides, the Colts appear to have a competent GM now, meaning signing premium free agents won't be just about the only way to get top end talent on this team.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:41 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Zach Allen is overrated if anything. He has no rush moves to speak of and his only plan of attack is "run through the guy in front of me" which rarely works and will work even less in the NFL.
I'll disagree on this one. I think he has great instincts for screens and short passes, bats down passes. Yeah he needs more moves, but he has good quickness and a very strong pop when he engages OL initially. Very strong hands to swipe and shed the OL arms. I think he is very effective in the run game and his relentless effort will get him a lot of clean up sacks. He will probably be a 5-tech anyway.

None of these ends besides Bosa look like a sure thing to me, they all have warts. I'll take some warts over others.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:46 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I'll disagree on this one. I think he has great instincts for screens and short passes, bats down passes. Yeah he needs more moves, but he has good quickness and a very strong pop when he engages OL initially. Very strong hands to swipe and shed the OL arms. I think he is very effective in the run game and his relentless effort will get him a lot of clean up sacks. He will probably be a 5-tech anyway.
He didn't really stand out on the BC tape of him that I watched, and he was entirely unimpressive at the Senior Bowl. I watched all the OL vs. DL reps for both teams, every time Allen got a chance, all he did was try to run through the tackle, and it failed. Even Anthony Nelson showed better hands usage and moves. To me, the team who drafts Allen will regret it if they do so before Round 4.

Quote:
None of these ends besides Bosa look like a sure thing to me, they all have warts. I'll take some warts over others.
I can agree with this, but I would take the warts of a Clelin Ferrell, Montez Sweat, or Jachai Polite over the warts of a Zach Allen, especially in Round 1.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:04 PM
Post whore

Quote:
He didn't really stand out on the BC tape of him that I watched, and he was entirely unimpressive at the Senior Bowl. I watched all the OL vs. DL reps for both teams, every time Allen got a chance, all he did was try to run through the tackle, and it failed. Even Anthony Nelson showed better hands usage and moves. To me, the team who drafts Allen will regret it if they do so before Round 4.

I can agree with this, but I would take the warts of a Clelin Ferrell, Montez Sweat, or Jachai Polite over the warts of a Zach Allen, especially in Round 1.
Oh I don’t have him as a round 1 guy. I think of him as late 2 to early 4. Ouch on the Anthony Nelson comp, I’m not too high on Nelson. Allen does need work, but I think he could be a solid consistent piece, good in short yardage and goaling situations. A guy who is always annoying to the offense.

I would take all those guys you listed before Allen. Ferrel is my favorite of that group. If any of those three make it to 26 I would definetly take them. I would only pause for one of the three techs at that spot.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Four years ago, Suh was 28, now he's 32. Definitely not the same player and definitely on the decline, so I'm not nearly as interested. Besides, the Colts appear to have a competent GM now, meaning signing premium free agents won't be just about the only way to get top end talent on this team.
Fair, I was just curious.

I’d prefer Grady Jarrett personally obviously but I’d take Suh.

I know we’d probably get a Suh that wouldn’t turn it on for regular season games @Tennesse but if we can get an Uber motivated, Uber talented DT that’ll come alive during prime time and postseason, I say do it.