ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-22-2019, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I don’t think he was ever a fan. He found out that if he went against the grain every time he would get attention. That is all he wants.
Pure comedy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Lawrence Owen (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
#1 is Luke stocker of the titans. Dude had 15 receptions.

If you put an ounce of stock into a pff grade, you are a fucking moron. It is that simple.
But, but, but, but...…...Brad Wells said they were right!
Old 02-26-2019, 01:21 AM

PFF graded, not on how important he was on the season, but how he played, when he played. I mean, I can see it. It doesn't mean i'd want Stocker over Doyle or Ebron, But I do get the grading there. Stocker blocked very well all season, and did well when he was called upon in the pass game, (those few times). Where Ebron did really good in the passing game (minus 5 drops),..but was leaving a lot of want in the blocking area.
This is why Indy Grabbed him up in the offseason. They knew he wasn't good at certain things, But you bet your bottom dollar they were going to exploit the shit out of what he does very well.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:45 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen View Post
PFF graded, not on how important he was on the season, but how he played, when he played. I mean, I can see it. It doesn't mean i'd want Stocker over Doyle or Ebron, But I do get the grading there. Stocker blocked very well all season, and did well when he was called upon in the pass game, (those few times). Where Ebron did really good in the passing game (minus 5 drops),..but was leaving a lot of want in the blocking area.
This is why Indy Grabbed him up in the offseason. They knew he wasn't good at certain things, But you bet your bottom dollar they were going to exploit the shit out of what he does very well.
That's my big problem with PFF. If they want to say their grades are just a generic grade based on how the player did each snap he was in the game, based on his responsibilities, and leave it at that, fine. Stocker has a very limited role compared to Doyle or Ebron, and he did well executing his limited responsibilities.

The problem is that they take that too far, throw up a bunch of flashy ESPN graphics, and call him the #1 TE in the AFC South while ignoring that he played a lot less and had a much less important and difficult role than Doyle or Ebron. That is dishonest trash. But it makes them money so they will keep doing it.

Last edited by FatDT; 02-26-2019 at 11:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

PFF doesn't factor in context within their grades. You could have a backup RB get 5.5 ypc in scrub time on a team that loses big. You tally that up at the end of the season and suddenly he might look better than he actually is. What is the difference between a WR that performs big in critical moments and a guy who just tallies a lot of numbers? Does that WR convert for a 1st down when the team needs to keep a drive alive? Does that RB and line pick up a 3rd and 1 to close the game out? Does the QB read the defense correctly and make the pass to the right spot? Football isn't just stats, it is important when and how you get those stats within the game.

Its ridiculous to put out a bar graph with Stocker at the top considering he has 15 catches on the season.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 02-26-2019 at 02:08 PM.