ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-13-2017, 12:53 PM
FatDT FatDT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 86
Thanked 272 Times in 129 Posts
Default

No one could fathom re-signing Pagano and Grigson but it happened. No one thought Pagano could possibly be back once Grigson was fired but he's still on the sidelines. I will of course be pissed if we do keep him, but I won't be shocked.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-13-2017, 01:18 PM
1965southpaw's Avatar
1965southpaw 1965southpaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 330
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
In 2015 even it was reported as being a virtual certainty.

If only.

And it's well understood that if Sagan, Harbaugh, or Gruden had been open to Jimmys back channels overtures Pags would have been out on his ass. The difference between those years and this year is that Irsay has bought into the notion that this is a longer term fix which will require patience. He's already shown that by bringing Ballard in.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 168
Thanked 190 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
And it's well understood that if Sagan, Harbaugh, or Gruden had been open to Jimmys back channels overtures Pags would have been out on his ass. The difference between those years and this year is that Irsay has bought into the notion that this is a longer term fix which will require patience. He's already shown that by bringing Ballard in.
God, I hope you're right.

The problem that Kravitz has reported is that Irsay is so unpredictable and so given to emotion that I (and I think I speak for several here) am terrified that he might let Pagano again snake oil salesmen him into believing that this year was all about injuries and that we had improvement in some areas and that Pagano is the right guy.

Because of that, none of us are willing to rest easy on this issue until Pagano is officially fired.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-13-2017, 01:27 PM
1965southpaw's Avatar
1965southpaw 1965southpaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 330
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
God, I hope you're right.

The problem that Kravitz has reported is that Irsay is so unpredictable and so given to emotion that I (and I think I speak for several here) am terrified that he might let Pagano again snake oil salesmen him into believing that this year was all about injuries and that we had improvement in some areas and that Pagano is the right guy.

Because of that, none of us are willing to rest easy on this issue until Pagano is officially fired.
I hear ya and trust me I can't even listen to video of Pags anymore cause it makes my blood boil that he's still here after causing such destruction to the team I love.....but I have faith and if I'm wrong I will be the first on this board to admit the error in my judgement but at this moment I have zero doubt. As for Kravitz I think at this stage in his career he loves that he has become part of every story he covers so I just don't trust his reporting anymore.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-13-2017)
  #25  
Old 11-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 522
Thanks: 85
Thanked 87 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
God, I hope you're right.

The problem that Kravitz has reported is that Irsay is so unpredictable and so given to emotion that I (and I think I speak for several here) am terrified that he might let Pagano again snake oil salesmen him into believing that this year was all about injuries and that we had improvement in some areas and that Pagano is the right guy.

Because of that, none of us are willing to rest easy on this issue until Pagano is officially fired.
We're gonna lose at least 11 games this year. You can bring a guy back after 8-8, even two years in a row. But you can't bring that same guy back if he follows those up with 5-11 or worse.

There's no way Clappy comes back.

If he does, I'll finally agree that Irsay is actually the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-13-2017, 09:58 PM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,096
Thanks: 168
Thanked 190 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
We're gonna lose at least 11 games this year. You can bring a guy back after 8-8, even two years in a row. But you can't bring that same guy back if he follows those up with 5-11 or worse.

There's no way Clappy comes back.

If he does, I'll finally agree that Irsay is actually the problem.
Sadly, our schedule gets REALLY soft from here on out...

vs Tennessee. They just struggled like hell to beat the Bengals yesterday and they're coming off their Bye. And let's be honest, that game was closer than the 14 point margin indicates. And that was in Tennessee.

@ Jacksonville. Okay, that's a loss. Granted, Jacksonville did need to go to overtime to knock off the Chargers yesterday, but I'll concede we're not going into Jacksonville and win.

@ Buffalo. They remembered they're the Bills and they seem to be in the middle of their usual late season free fall. Again, we're probably not going into hostile territory in the elements and winning, but the Bills just got blown off their own field yesterday, so I'm not sure they're in any position to say they're guaranteed any wins, either.

vs. Broncos. Thursday Night Football, so everything is weird. The Broncos look like a team where they're demoralized after getting smoked by Philly/New England. Granted, our morale isn't great either, but this Broncos team, again, isn't a lock to beat anyone.

@ Baltimore. Probably a loss, though the Ravens are also capable of playing down to their competition.

vs. Houston. We just beat them in their own house. I would guess we'll sadly manage a win here. God, I hope another meaningless Week 17 win isn't enough for Pagano to save his job. Again.

Way, way too many potential wins there. 11 losses might be too much. 6-10 or 7-9 would be my guess.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-13-2017, 10:00 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 7,168
Thanks: 1,263
Thanked 254 Times in 158 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Sadly, our schedule gets REALLY soft from here on out...

vs Tennessee. They just struggled like hell to beat the Bengals yesterday and they're coming off their Bye. And let's be honest, that game was closer than the 14 point margin indicates. And that was in Tennessee.

@ Jacksonville. Okay, that's a loss. Granted, Jacksonville did need to go to overtime to knock off the Chargers yesterday, but I'll concede we're not going into Jacksonville and win.

@ Buffalo. They remembered they're the Bills and they seem to be in the middle of their usual late season free fall. Again, we're probably not going into hostile territory in the elements and winning, but the Bills just got blown off their own field yesterday, so I'm not sure they're in any position to say they're guaranteed any wins, either.

vs. Broncos. Thursday Night Football, so everything is weird. The Broncos look like a team where they're demoralized after getting smoked by Philly/New England. Granted, our morale isn't great either, but this Broncos team, again, isn't a lock to beat anyone.

@ Baltimore. Probably a loss, though the Ravens are also capable of playing down to their competition.

vs. Houston. We just beat them in their own house. I would guess we'll sadly manage a win here. God, I hope another meaningless Week 17 win isn't enough for Pagano to save his job. Again.
So, we'll go 8-8 again. Sigh.
__________________
If Trump were the Colts owner, omaha would be liking him because the first thing he would say to Pagano is, "You're fired!"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-13-2017, 10:16 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,190
Thanks: 280
Thanked 788 Times in 350 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
So, we'll go 8-8 again. Sigh.
Not a chance
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-13-2017, 10:26 PM
nate505 nate505 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,493
Thanks: 140
Thanked 83 Times in 42 Posts
Default

The only reason I was hoping for the Colts to get mudholed was that Irsay might do the right thing and fire him.
__________________
Fire. Chuck. Pagano.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-13-2017, 11:50 PM
DrSpaceman DrSpaceman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,696
Thanks: 69
Thanked 176 Times in 85 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Sadly, our schedule gets REALLY soft from here on out...

vs Tennessee. They just struggled like hell to beat the Bengals yesterday and they're coming off their Bye. And let's be honest, that game was closer than the 14 point margin indicates. And that was in Tennessee.

@ Jacksonville. Okay, that's a loss. Granted, Jacksonville did need to go to overtime to knock off the Chargers yesterday, but I'll concede we're not going into Jacksonville and win.

@ Buffalo. They remembered they're the Bills and they seem to be in the middle of their usual late season free fall. Again, we're probably not going into hostile territory in the elements and winning, but the Bills just got blown off their own field yesterday, so I'm not sure they're in any position to say they're guaranteed any wins, either.

vs. Broncos. Thursday Night Football, so everything is weird. The Broncos look like a team where they're demoralized after getting smoked by Philly/New England. Granted, our morale isn't great either, but this Broncos team, again, isn't a lock to beat anyone.

@ Baltimore. Probably a loss, though the Ravens are also capable of playing down to their competition.

vs. Houston. We just beat them in their own house. I would guess we'll sadly manage a win here. God, I hope another meaningless Week 17 win isn't enough for Pagano to save his job. Again.

Way, way too many potential wins there. 11 losses might be too much. 6-10 or 7-9 would be my guess.

Oh Pagano and company will find a way to lead in about 5 of these games and once again blow it in the 4th quarter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.