ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-27-2017, 12:26 PM
Accidental Administrator

Default Luck out vs Seattle....

Quote:
“Andrew is progressing well, getting stronger,” head coach Chuck Pagano said on Monday.

“There might be a chance, I’ll know more on Wednesday, that he might be able to start some practice this week. But I’m not guaranteeing (anything). When our doctors and our trainers tell him that he’s at a point where he can get back out there to practice, then I’ll be able to tell you for sure. But he’s doing well.”
He's missed all of training camp, all practices, and four games. The whole time he's been progressing well and getting stronger. It's staggering to me that Chuck really thinks there are people dumber than he is.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:34 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

^^^ What do you want him to say?
Old 09-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Accidental Administrator

I would like him to say what he actually thinks. Maybe say specifically what his plan is, maybe say specifically what Luck is doing to rehab.

The most specific info we get on his opinion of Luck's return was before the Arizona game when Pags said he would be ruled out for week 2 but definitely would play this season. Somewhere between week 3 and 17.

He's vague, sometimes contradictory (in a vague way). Would the fallout be worse for him if he said, "I think he will be back by week 6?" than it is if he says he's "progressing, getting stronger, might practice?"
Old 09-27-2017, 02:08 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

It's a surgery and rehab/recovery. It goes along at the pace that it needs to based on how well he's progressing or if he has any setbacks. There is no need to say "Luck will be back week 6" when he doesn't know. He has no idea if there will be setbacks or how each week will progress.

Why do you think that you need to be notified with some random guess or with info on what he's doing to rehab?
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
It's a surgery and rehab/recovery. It goes along at the pace that it needs to based on how well he's progressing or if he has any setbacks. There is no need to say "Luck will be back week 6" when he doesn't know. He has no idea if there will be setbacks or how each week will progress.

Why do you think that you need to be notified with some random guess or with info on what he's doing to rehab?
Would Pagano present a better impression of himself if he stated some facts and gave his very informed opinion based on those facts? Or is it better for him to just stick with "progressing, getting better..." every week since training camp?

What did Pagano see that made him conclude that Luck was progressing? What did Pagano see that made him conclude that Luck was getting better? I'm not sure why these are unreasonable questions or unreasonable expectations.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:14 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Would Pagano present a better impression of himself if he stated some facts and gave his very informed opinion based on those facts? Or is it better for him to just stick with "progressing, getting better..." every week since training camp?

What did Pagano see that made him conclude that Luck was progressing? What did Pagano see that made him conclude that Luck was getting better? I'm not sure why these are unreasonable questions or unreasonable expectations.
I would assume he gets some sort of progress reports from the trainers rather than seeing things first hand. So luck is either progressing and getting better or having setbacks. Football teams dont usually report on setbacks unless they are major, meaning out for rest of season. As JC stated above, rehab happens at its own pace, thus status updates will be "progressing....."
Old 09-27-2017, 03:47 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

this is nothing to get pissed about. i actually think it is better to just be vague about it. that is what i would do. nobody needs to know what is going on other than that they are looking for him to be practicing soon.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:18 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Just read that Luck was not cleared to practice this week. But it seems he's close, so it sounds like practicing next week, but not full time, so unlikely to be ready to go in week 5, so yea, week 6 is the probable date.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:33 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Just read that Luck was not cleared to practice this week. But it seems he's close, so it sounds like practicing next week, but not full time, so unlikely to be ready to go in week 5, so yea, week 6 is the probable date.
Mark down week 8
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Spike (09-28-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 07:17 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

I am so absolutely stunned that he did not practice, stunned!