ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-02-2018, 07:09 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I like coaches being agrressive. I also understand it will nite is at times and I am ok with that. My thing is that if you are going to be aggressive, have a damn good plan
I do as well. But Reich had to know that points would be at a premium and that it wasn't going to take that may points to beat the Jags.

I have no qualms with Reich going for the win against the Texicans because it shows the team we only care about wins. In this case, I believe he sacrificed the win in order to try to score TD's.

Big difference IMO.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:15 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I do as well. But Reich had to know that points would be at a premium and that it wasn't going to take that may points to beat the Jags.

I have no qualms with Reich going for the win against the Texicans because it shows the team we only care about wins. In this case, I believe he sacrificed the win in order to try to score TD's.

Big difference IMO.
I was probably more worried about this game as most people but even I thought we could put at least 20 on them. It was early and I am sure he thought there would be more points. I am also pretty sure he thought the jags would t score much
Old 12-02-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
So, who supports drafting a WR in the first round?
Not where they'll be picking. Bottom of the first, like Wayne? Sure. Not mid 1st.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:49 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

IMO, anyone criticizing the decision to go for it on 4th and goal at the 2 or whatever, in the 1Q, is shamelessly hindsighting it. I would spot you the next 4th down attempt, but against Kessler, you go for it every time there because you force a punt and essentially are in position to take 3 all over again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
sherck (12-03-2018), Wyatt (12-03-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 07:58 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
IMO, anyone criticizing the decision to go for it on 4th and goal at the 2 or whatever, in the 1Q, is shamelessly hindsighting it. I would spot you the next 4th down attempt, but against Kessler, you go for it every time there because you force a punt and essentially are in position to take 3 all over again.
Nope. Take the points. Let's say you only get 3 until the last drive? Then you only need 3 to tie...and AV hits that every time.

The tone of the game and the tone of the 2nd half of the 1st Jags game, should've shown Reich that we weren't going to move the ball much against the Jags. So when you have the opportunity to put points on the board do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Maniac (12-03-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
So, who supports drafting a WR in the first round?
A lot of WR's in this upcoming drafts and it is kind of a minefield. I don't know if there is a lot of separation between 1st round and 3rd round receivers. There will be some busts also.

Grab one of the top defensive linemen if you can. They don't last long and it is a deep draft for them. Harder to find than a good wide out.

As for the game; they were due a loss. They played like crap last week and pulled it out. Jags were determined to win it and balled out. Too bad they don't play like that every week. But then again, they are the jags.

Big lesson for Reich. Manning learned to to take what the jags gave him when their defense was good. Hopefully the guys learned that again today.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 12-02-2018 at 08:01 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-02-2018), sherck (12-03-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Post whore

I did not want Leveon Bell before, but now I'm thinking we take a run at him, Mack is not the answer for our RB1.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:15 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i have some thoughts as well

1) terrible coaching. zero answers to the jags defense. all game long. credit to the jags for being disciplined and never relenting. it actually reminded me of the times manning came back with the broncos and the colts d was just dialed the fuck in every snap.

2) the first game, there were two broken coverages by Barry Church that gave ebron tds. he was benched this game. when watching earlier this week i had a feeling if we couldn't capitalize on mistakes, this might be a tough game. the jags simply didn't make hardly any mistakes on defense.

3) is there anything we can do to get a tough offense? all the talk about this oline being tough guys but they get bullied a lot. especially in the run game. we cant run when we want. we have moments but we really are one dimensional. this oline isn't fixed until that is fixed. i am so tired of always being bullied up front.

4) i don't pay attention enough i guess but do all teams load the box to run? what happened to spreading teams out and running?

5) our running game was nowhere to be found and nobody could get open as a wr, can we please use our rb's more in the pass game?

6) fuck ryan grant. seriously. fuck that guy. get him off the field. bring up the other rookie and see what he has at this point. play pascal. but stop playing this idiot because ballard was dumb enough to sign him.

7) stop playing haeg at te and play swoope. going heavy on oline isn't working

8) that call by the ref at the end? dude should be fired. that is just inexcusable. seriously. he should be fired. this is not an overreaction or a joke.

9) the colts seem to always find a way to lose to shit bag qb's like cody kessler. this seems to be a culture thing. we make backup qb's look great or we at least let them hang in there. this has been going on since manning was here.

10.) autry finally showed up. 2nd time this year he had a good game. good to see. still the dude gets too much playing time.

11) not sure how you can judge the secondary much. they were hardly threatened.

12) 3rd and 13 dump off goes for a first down in the 4th quarter. are you fucking kidding me?

13) simply couldn't protect luck to work down the field and when we did, the wr's couldnt get open. who has worse wr's than the colts?

14) i thought hunt brought his A game today. many times he blew up the double team.

15) where is turay?

16) end of game clock management was just atrocious. Luck has to be better than that. seconds just clicking away for no reason. that might have been the worst part of the game for me.

17) colts were punched in the mouth. they responded by going to to the ropes and just covering up. fits with their history.
#7: Swoope would have been a better option as an eligible receiver, because they would have to play the pass in addition to the run.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:16 PM

I agree about Reich. He made lots of mistakes today.

But he is a rookie coach and has to learn. You can't always go for it on 4th down. Kick the FG. Even in the 4th quarter, the next to last drive. YOu have two timeouts and the two minutes warning. Take the 3,cut it to a FG, get the stop.

I still like him as coach and just hopes he is learning like the rest of them

This team is not winning the SB this year, we all knew that. And after a 1-5 start, playoffs would have been nice, but was unlikely. Still like where the team is at 6-6. The playoffs are probably out now after this loss, but we all knew this season was about setting up the future, which is still looking good

AGree about Kelley and Doyle and their blocking.

Also agree about the WRs. Sorely need to upgrade the #2/3 spots. This game shows why. A good secondary like this you need multiple options to get some guys open.

Luck really needed to spike that ball on the next to last play. No idea what they were thinking. Time management was bad the last 30 seconds.

Also that roughing the passer/hit with the helmet call early in the game was crap. What are you supposed to do, run straight up and down into the QB

On the other hand, crap like that late hit on Rogers on the first quarter punt return, you should get tossed from the game for on hit like that. VERY late, could have easily been injured......I would not have minded a few Colts beating that guys ass after that play for what he did. Yes, would have been a penalty, but that was complete bush league crap and very dangerous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Chaka (12-03-2018), sherck (12-03-2018), Spike (12-03-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 08:17 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Nope. Take the points. Let's say you only get 3 until the last drive? Then you only need 3 to tie...and AV hits that every time.

The tone of the game and the tone of the 2nd half of the 1st Jags game, should've shown Reich that we weren't going to move the ball much against the Jags. So when you have the opportunity to put points on the board do it.
You're saying that with hindsight though.

I guess the way I look at it is: they were 6 inches away from winning the game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-02-2018), Wyatt (12-03-2018)