ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-07-2024, 03:50 PM

Thanked 2,679 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I'm not interested in a safety. Give me the Bears Jaylon Johnson at CB. Ballard can not go int this offseason filling out the secondary with draft picks.

Supposedly Chicago is interested in retaining his services. It has been rumored for the last 1-2 months that the Bears will tag him if they cannot agree to terms on a new deal.

I guess talks could breakdown and he could try to force his way out of the Windy City but it will probably require a tag-and-trade. So there is a good chance that the Colts would have to send Chicago some draft picks in addition to extending a big contract offer.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 02-07-2024 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2024, 02:10 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Interesting that you keep side stepping Odunze when I bring him up. Guessing you don't like him?

Also, not sure why you're so opposed to adding depth at WR. At the very least the more quality weapons for AR the better right?
I watched Odunze now, so I figured I'd come back and address this. After watching at least 10 games of both Odunze and Nabers, it's close, but I'd take Nabers.

First, let's talk Odunze. Top thing I will note, Penix overthrew him and/or placed the ball high far too often. When he had catchable balls, he made a lot of tough catches. He won most contested situations, and he ran great routes that got him open with good separation often. The thing that surprised me most with Odunze was his open field playmaking ability. Receivers his size usually don't have the open field quickness/shiftiness he has. I've heard he's drawn Larry Fitzgerald comps, and while I don't agree, I'd call him more of a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald if we're using that comp, the traits I see that would cause someone to make that comp are the open field playmaking ability, the size, and the great highpointing ability on catches, especially in the redzone. The biggest negatives to Odunze for me are twofold: first, it seems he has a bit of a habit of playing down to his competition, which seemed to be a trait of his whole team, and second is that there were a few times in about three or four games I watched where Odunze had concentration drops. These were situations where the ball was placed perfectly, Odunze was wide open and set up to make a big play, and he just dropped the ball. If you're drafting Odunze, you're drafting him as your WR1, and that is something that is inexcusable for a WR1.

Now let's talk Nabers. The thing that jumps out about Nabers immediately on any tape you put on is the playmaking ability, which is electric. Get him the ball in the open field and he has the chance to take it to the house on every play. The next thing that jumps out is the route running ability and ability to create separation. He's open by 3-5 yards so often, and the subtle shifts he uses in his route running including speed changes and breaks are constantly creating that space for him. The third thing that stands out on his tape is the body control. This is what I saw that made me comp him to Reggie Wayne. If he's catching a ball on a boundary, whether it's the sideline or the end zone, he has elite ability to go up, win the contested catch, and still bring both feet down in bounds. As for weaknesses, it's really hard to find anything without nitpicking. The one I see in most scouting reports is that his route tree isn't diverse enough, but that feels a lot like last year's C.J. Stroud criticism that "he couldn't create outside of the structure of the offense", which is to say that it's stating a "weakness" just to have something to state as a weakness.

In summary, both are great players, both are probably gone in the top ten, but if both were on the board and I was making the selection, I'd select Nabers. That said, I don't think the Colts will get a chance to draft either, but I'd certainly welcome either as a dynamic playmaker to add to the arsenal for Richardson. Interestingly enough, however, Brock Bowers seems to have become one of the chalk picks for the Colts at 15, which is surprising considering I'd rate him as a Top 5 to Top 10 talent in this class. I would not be disappointed with that. There are actually a lot of ways the Colts could go at 15 that I'd be happy with, to the point that a trade down might not be a bad idea.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (02-10-2024), ChaosTheory (02-10-2024), IndyNorm (02-11-2024), Puck (02-10-2024), Racehorse (02-10-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 01:33 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

o

A Chiefs fan took down a possible suspect in the shooting of 22 people in the team's Super Bowl Parade yesterday ...... by tackling him.

Chiefs Fan Filmed Tackling Possible Mass Shooting Suspect Says "I Had the Perfect Angle"

(By Jesse Kirsch, Phil Helsel, and Patrick Smith)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...deo-rcna138926

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 02-18-2024, 09:58 AM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I watched Odunze now, so I figured I'd come back and address this. After watching at least 10 games of both Odunze and Nabers, it's close, but I'd take Nabers.

First, let's talk Odunze. Top thing I will note, Penix overthrew him and/or placed the ball high far too often. When he had catchable balls, he made a lot of tough catches. He won most contested situations, and he ran great routes that got him open with good separation often. The thing that surprised me most with Odunze was his open field playmaking ability. Receivers his size usually don't have the open field quickness/shiftiness he has. I've heard he's drawn Larry Fitzgerald comps, and while I don't agree, I'd call him more of a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald if we're using that comp, the traits I see that would cause someone to make that comp are the open field playmaking ability, the size, and the great highpointing ability on catches, especially in the redzone. The biggest negatives to Odunze for me are twofold: first, it seems he has a bit of a habit of playing down to his competition, which seemed to be a trait of his whole team, and second is that there were a few times in about three or four games I watched where Odunze had concentration drops. These were situations where the ball was placed perfectly, Odunze was wide open and set up to make a big play, and he just dropped the ball. If you're drafting Odunze, you're drafting him as your WR1, and that is something that is inexcusable for a WR1.

Now let's talk Nabers. The thing that jumps out about Nabers immediately on any tape you put on is the playmaking ability, which is electric. Get him the ball in the open field and he has the chance to take it to the house on every play. The next thing that jumps out is the route running ability and ability to create separation. He's open by 3-5 yards so often, and the subtle shifts he uses in his route running including speed changes and breaks are constantly creating that space for him. The third thing that stands out on his tape is the body control. This is what I saw that made me comp him to Reggie Wayne. If he's catching a ball on a boundary, whether it's the sideline or the end zone, he has elite ability to go up, win the contested catch, and still bring both feet down in bounds. As for weaknesses, it's really hard to find anything without nitpicking. The one I see in most scouting reports is that his route tree isn't diverse enough, but that feels a lot like last year's C.J. Stroud criticism that "he couldn't create outside of the structure of the offense", which is to say that it's stating a "weakness" just to have something to state as a weakness.

In summary, both are great players, both are probably gone in the top ten, but if both were on the board and I was making the selection, I'd select Nabers. That said, I don't think the Colts will get a chance to draft either, but I'd certainly welcome either as a dynamic playmaker to add to the arsenal for Richardson. Interestingly enough, however, Brock Bowers seems to have become one of the chalk picks for the Colts at 15, which is surprising considering I'd rate him as a Top 5 to Top 10 talent in this class. I would not be disappointed with that. There are actually a lot of ways the Colts could go at 15 that I'd be happy with, to the point that a trade down might not be a bad idea.
Cool. Thanks for responding after you took a look. The reason why I was bringing him up is b/c I suspect he's the one of the 3 big WR prospects that's most likely to fall to us at 15. Not saying it's going to happen, and I agree that he along w/ Nabers will be gone by the time we draft unless one of them has a bad workout, etc. I'd be happy with us getting either of them, but assuming we're able to re-sign MPJ then I think Nabers would be the better fit w/ our current WR group.

Yeah, I've been seeing Bowers pop up a lot for us in mock drafts. Would love to see us draft him, but I suspect he'll show up really well in pre-draft workouts that will push him into the top 10.

Agree that trading down is definitely a possibility. Ballard loves to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 10:34 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Cool. Thanks for responding after you took a look. The reason why I was bringing him up is b/c I suspect he's the one of the 3 big WR prospects that's most likely to fall to us at 15. Not saying it's going to happen, and I agree that he along w/ Nabers will be gone by the time we draft unless one of them has a bad workout, etc. I'd be happy with us getting either of them, but assuming we're able to re-sign MPJ then I think Nabers would be the better fit w/ our current WR group.

Yeah, I've been seeing Bowers pop up a lot for us in mock drafts. Would love to see us draft him, but I suspect he'll show up really well in pre-draft workouts that will push him into the top 10.

Agree that trading down is definitely a possibility. Ballard loves to do it.
I'd love to draft Latu at 19 or 20 and pick up an extra Day 2 pick in the process. Apparently Latu is falling on boards despite having by all accounts a good Senior Bowl because he wasn't an elite athlete. That said, his lack of elite athleticism is the reason I think he won't end up a Colt. If Bowers is there, the Colts will love him for being a 1 of 1 type player. I don't buy the 230 rumors on him, and I don't care if he's 6'3" 240 if he runs in the 4.4s and runs a 3 cone in WR range, because on film he blocks like a OT and otherwise plays like a top tier WR. If Bowers isn't there, there are actually a lot of good options at ED and CB. I wouldn't be mad with any of Latu, Verse, Arnold, Mitchell, Wiggins, or DeJean. That's six players, and 3-5 of them are likely to be on the board when the Colts pick. Trading back to one of these teams that wants to get their QB or head up the OT run seems to look better as the process continues.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:56 AM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Colts Projected to Land One of the Top Defensive Backs in Free Agency

(By Jaleen Grandberry)

https://horseshoeheroes.com/posts/co...y-01hnjksyr4hr

o
o

Last season, l Kendall Fuller l had 79 combined tackles, 9 pass defenses, and 2 interceptions in 15 games played.

Colts Projected to Sign Super Bowl Champion CB

(By Dave Holcomb)

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/ke...-agency-rumors

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 02-23-2024, 01:06 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Last season, l Kendall Fuller l had 79 combined tackles, 9 pass defenses, and 2 interceptions in 15 games played.

Colts Projected to Sign Super Bowl Champion CB

(By Dave Holcomb)

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/ke...-agency-rumors

o
I'd rather they sign Sneed if they're going the veteran route.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I'd rather they sign Sneed if they're going the veteran route.
I don’t want either…. They played on an aggressive style defense and didn’t have to cover long… quite the opposite of the sit back in zone and make the tackle style of defense we play here
Old 02-24-2024, 06:34 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I don’t want either…. They played on an aggressive style defense and didn’t have to cover long… quite the opposite of the sit back in zone and make the tackle style of defense we play here
Not only that, but I doubt Ballard will be willing to cough up the cash to sign either of them.
Old 02-25-2024, 03:53 PM
Historian

o

Report: The Colts Met With Illinois OL Jordyn Slaughter

(By Kevin Hickey)

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/...-meeting-2024/

Slaughter has asserted that his biggest asset is his versatility, that he is capable of filling in adequately at either guard or tackle should somebody get injured during a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIlBN9MJwgQ

o

The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-25-2024)