ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-04-2021, 06:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,678 Posts

I was going to type something on this, but instead, I will just post this video which I mostly agree with. I'm getting lazy, I guess.

This guy curses a lot, so for who don't like cursing, don't fucking watch it.

The one thing I will add is that a lot of the linemen selected in this draft are not true left tackles. Kwitty Paye was ranked as one of the top 20 draftees in this draft. If Ballard signs a veteran left tackle, which I hope the hell he does, then this offseason will be considered a success. And if Wentz gets back to his old self, then this offseason will have been a grand slam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOTY5G0PMQE
apballin (05-05-2021), JAFF (05-04-2021), Luck4Reich (05-04-2021), Oldcolt (05-05-2021), rcubed (05-04-2021), YDFL Commish (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 10:29 PM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 814 Posts

I was pretty irritated during the draft and hearing negative comments on paye didn’t help. Looking back after a couple days and assuming we sign one of the vet LTs I trust in ballard. If those two picks end up being disruptive it will be huge for the D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Spike (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 10:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,666 Times in 965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
The problem with this is neither have played an NFL game so you can't compare production yet.
There are things you can see on tape that when you see them, you know they'll translate to the NFL. For Teven Jenkins, his handfighting is already NFL veteran quality, and his nasty streak will carry him in some games. When you combine that with his unexpectedly great athletic testing, it's not at all surprising that the Bears released a quality starting LT to replace him with Jenkins. You see the reasons on the tape. When I watch Kwity Paye's tape, I don't see anything that suggests instant impact starter or anything more than borderline Day 2 pick. That's what I mean by production vs. potential in this case.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:10 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
There are things you can see on tape that when you see them, you know they'll translate to the NFL. For Teven Jenkins, his handfighting is already NFL veteran quality, and his nasty streak will carry him in some games. When you combine that with his unexpectedly great athletic testing, it's not at all surprising that the Bears released a quality starting LT to replace him with Jenkins. You see the reasons on the tape. When I watch Kwity Paye's tape, I don't see anything that suggests instant impact starter or anything more than borderline Day 2 pick. That's what I mean by production vs. potential in this case.
Boarderline day 2 pick, are you fucking serious? Some experts think that Jenkins is a damn good offensive linemen, as do I, but he has some issues when it comes to left tackle. I don't give a shit how nasty you are when other nasty elite defensive ends in the NFL are coming after your ass. I like Jenkins too, but he is probably more suited for right tackle or guard in the NFL. As far as the Bears releasing a quality starting LT, do you really think the fucking Bears know what they are doing? Those same shitheads drafted Trubisky with the 2nd overall pick.

Here is a video of something I totally agree with. That is Jenkins will struggle at LT. Do you really think that if Ballard really thought that Jenkins was at least at Castonzo's level, he wouldn't have taken him? Or at least moved up in the 2nd round to take him?

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...021-nfl-draft/
Racehorse (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 12:09 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Boarderline day 2 pick, are you fucking serious? Some experts think that Jenkins is a damn good offensive linemen, as do I, but he has some issues when it comes to left tackle. I don't give a shit how nasty you are when other nasty elite defensive ends in the NFL are coming after your ass. I like Jenkins too, but he is probably more suited for right tackle or guard in the NFL. As far as the Bears releasing a quality starting LT, do you really think the fucking Bears know what they are doing? Those same shitheads drafted Trubisky with the 2nd overall pick.

Here is a video of something I totally agree with. That is Jenkins will struggle at LT. Do you really think that if Ballard really thought that Jenkins was at least at Castonzo's level, he wouldn't have taken him? Or at least moved up in the 2nd round to take him?

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...021-nfl-draft/
The film I saw for Jenkins showed a player who had the ability to kick slide well, handle speed, handle power, not over set to beat speed (which leads to inside losses), and has the technique and handfighting ability to deal with technically proficient pass rushers. The only question for me based on the film was did he have the athleticism to stick as a LT, primarily because he played RT in 2020. Then his testing came back and he has a RAS score of something like 9.74, which emphatically answered my question about his athleticism. I feel like those who think he can't stick at LT didn't really watch a lot of his film.

Regarding Paye's film, the next play I see of him making a good pass rush move or making a heady, instinctual play will be the first. I did see him chop step 4 times and let a RB run right by him through his gap for a 10+ yard gain against Penn State, though. All Paye has going for him is that he's a ball of traits that can potentially be molded into a quality pass rusher. I hope the Colts coaching staff is up to the task.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:31 AM
Post whore

Quote:
The film I saw for Jenkins showed a player who had the ability to kick slide well, handle speed, handle power, not over set to beat speed (which leads to inside losses), and has the technique and handfighting ability to deal with technically proficient pass rushers. The only question for me based on the film was did he have the athleticism to stick as a LT, primarily because he played RT in 2020. Then his testing came back and he has a RAS score of something like 9.74, which emphatically answered my question about his athleticism. I feel like those who think he can't stick at LT didn't really watch a lot of his film.

Regarding Paye's film, the next play I see of him making a good pass rush move or making a heady, instinctual play will be the first. I did see him chop step 4 times and let a RB run right by him through his gap for a 10+ yard gain against Penn State, though. All Paye has going for him is that he's a ball of traits that can potentially be molded into a quality pass rusher. I hope the Colts coaching staff is up to the task.
Yeah, you're probably right dam. All of the fucking scouts who get paid for a living are wrong on him. What the hell were they thinking that he was a top level talent. Those fucking idiots.
JAFF (05-05-2021), Racehorse (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 12:37 AM
Post whore

Quote:

Okay, why the fuck was he playing RT instead of LT? I'll tell you why, he is not a good fit at LT. Would you not put your best tackle on the left side? Dam, you are making this too easy.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:46 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Okay, why the fuck was he playing RT instead of LT? I'll tell you why, he is not a good fit at LT. Would you not put your best tackle on the left side? Dam, you are making this too easy.
Stop with the common sense. It has no effect.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-05-2021), Spike (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 06:45 AM

Thanked 4,435 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote:

Regarding Paye's film, the next play I see of him making a good pass rush move or making a heady, instinctual play will be the first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC5JRuafVzE

Here ya go. I thought you watched film.
Ironshaft (05-05-2021), Spike (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 08:31 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Yeah, you're probably right dam. All of the fucking scouts who get paid for a living are wrong on him. What the hell were they thinking that he was a top level talent. Those fucking idiots.
I know you're not really saying the scouts have never gotten it wrong before. There are countless examples that show that to be wrong, because there are so many factors that can go wrong with any given prospect. Even the first round of the NFL draft has a 50% bust rate.

Quote:
So Tyron Smith isn't a good LT? After all, USC played him at RT in college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC5JRuafVzE

Here ya go. I thought you watched film.
That highlight reel illustrates my point.

1) Most of it comes against the dregs of the B1G. None of it is against Ohio State.

2) Every sack is a situation where the OL failed to execute a block or the play got extended and Paye got off the block by chasing the ball and the OL wasn't athletic enough to keep up.

3) No real rush moves to speak of in that highlight reel, and barely any hand usage to get off blocks. Every play on that reel is pure athleticism. I said he's a ball of traits with no rush moves.

4) That's a highlight reel. It doesn't show the bad plays, like the aforementioned play against Penn State.

I hope the defensive coaches can take his traits and maximize them into a feared pass rusher, but Paye is all projection at this point.