ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-12-2017, 02:03 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natagu23 View Post
Meh. We have invested a couple of high draft picks at safety. We really dont need to be spending cap space there.

Its time for those young bloods to take center stage. Draft another safety in the 4th or 5th just for a little insurance.
No. I can't go in with no viable option other than green.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
sherck (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 02:04 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Meh. We have invested a couple of high draft picks at safety. We really dont need to be spending cap space there.

Its time for those young bloods to take center stage. Draft another safety in the 4th or 5th just for a little insurance.
I would not mind having Butler as a safety valuve for both CB and safety along with a 4th round draft pick as Safety4. Butler is quality even if he is now north of 30 years old.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
No. I can't go in with no viable option other than green.
Resign Butler.

Geathers and Green are the future. Green has to show he can play football and that he is more than just an athlete.

If not, cut his ass.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:08 PM

That Poe deal is almost finalized.

Sherck, standby. Need those numbers crunched once we get details.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:12 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
That Poe deal is almost finalized.

Sherck, standby. Need those numbers crunched once we get details.
Roger, roger.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:21 PM

Would be awesome to sign Poe.

If Anderson could return to rookie form could start having a real DL
Old 03-12-2017, 02:41 PM

Some young free agents with the potential to continue to develop that I wouldn’t mind us taking a look at for depth purposes and potential 1 year prove it deals. All of the dollar amounts shown are what each players cap hit for 2016 was.

WR’s
Michael Floyd, 27 – Pats $1.3, he has produced in the past for the Saints but has seemed to cruise on his talent alone. But maybe having spent the last half of the season in Patriotland and winning a Superbowl he may be ready to dedicate himself to earn a big contract after this season. I believe he could be a great pickup at a not too expensive price.

Cordarrelle Patterson, 26 - Vikings $2.3m, he is a tremendous return guy, who has yet to really blossom as a receiver, but I would love to see him with Luck as our No.3 guy. I would hope he wouldn’t be horrifically expensive as most of his previous production has been as a special teams guy. He only has 1300 yards at an average of 10 yards per catch in 4 seasons.

TE’s
Gavin Escobar, 26 – Dallas $1.3m Here is a guy who has been stuck behind one of the greatest TE’s to ever play the game in Jason Witten, he only has 30 receptions for 333 yards but has hit pay dirt an impressive 8 times. He is a player who given a chance could be a breakout player, and shouldn’t cost the earth.

Larry Donnell, 28 – Giants $1.7m Isn’t much of a blocking TE and not a vertical threat, but someone with decent hands, who could come in at veteran minimum.

ILB
Manti Te'o, 26 Chargers $1.6m run stuffer only, a liability in coverage, but is still young and could be a steady performer in the middle on run downs.

OLB
Jelani Jenkins, 25 - Dolphins $1.8m will be 25 tomorrow so still a young guy who has played in 53 games with 34 starts (all of those 34 being over the last 3 years). He hasn’t been a difference maker but as a depth guy who wouldn’t break the bank he could provide valuable depth.

Jarvis Jones, 27, - Steelers $2.8m, when he was drafted back in 2013 he was one of the guys I really wanted us to take, but alas the Steelers took him a few picks before us and we ended up with Werner. He has started 35 of 50 games played, but really hasn’t produced anything close to what was projected of him coming out of college with only 6 career sacks. Maybe a change of scenery will help his career blossom. I would happily take a flyer on him at a reasonable contract on a 1 year deal for about $2m.

Alex Okafor, 26 – Cards $1.8m a guy who lost his starting job this past season, but who in the two seasons prior to that in 26 games compiled 10 sacks.

CB
Morris Claiborne, 27 – Cowboys $2.7m, is a guy who has started a lot of games, but hasn’t lived up to his billing as a shut down corner coming out of college. I think he has skills, and the speed to defend the deep ball and is someone I think would be an upgrade over everyone barring Davis. I wouldn’t want to sign him to a multi year contract at $8m a year, but would be happy for him to sign a 1 year deal at that rate.

Nickell Robey-Coleman, 25 – Bills $1.6m this is a guy who could be signed as the slot corner at a low level. He isn’t someone who is capable of being a No. 2 corner, he just isn’t big enough to handle the guys on the outside.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:41 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I would not mind having Butler as a safety valuve for both CB and safety along with a 4th round draft pick as Safety4. Butler is quality even if he is now north of 30 years old.

Cheers,

This makes a lot of sense, but I'm not sure Ballard wants to go that route. He probably trusts that he can find more guys like Peters/Tillman/Vashar like he's done in the past.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:51 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
No. After Sheard's numbers and paying for the extra 4th round pick, we are just over $30m left to sign as "new" money.

Which is still plenty for Poe, an ILB and a secondary dude. And $5m more available if we cut Jones.

Cheers,

I keep forgetting the $5M for Jones. That needs to happen yesterday. You can replicate Jones' production with an UDFA.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:52 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
TE’s
Gavin Escobar, 26 – Dallas $1.3m Here is a guy who has been stuck behind one of the greatest TE’s to ever play the game in Jason Witten, he only has 30 receptions for 333 yards but has hit pay dirt an impressive 8 times. He is a player who given a chance could be a breakout player, and shouldn’t cost the earth.

Larry Donnell, 28 – Giants $1.7m Isn’t much of a blocking TE and not a vertical threat, but someone with decent hands, who could come in at veteran minimum.

IMO, no to any FA TEs. This draft class is loaded. Zero complaints if this team drafts a TE.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Butter (03-12-2017)