ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-12-2019, 01:24 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Of course they're high on Lindstrom, he's an athletic guard and they seem to like those. I suppose I'd be okay with him at 59, but I think he'll be gone by then. I hope they don't pop him at 34.
Agree. You can find and develop athletic guards from later in the draft.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:21 PM

Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
That being said, does anyone else get the impression that this scouting staff looks hard at everybody? They seem to leave no stone unturned.

I agree.

FWIW, of the teams he has visited, Brian Burns thought the Colts have displayed the most interest so far.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-brian-burns/
Old 04-12-2019, 02:39 PM

S/CB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is visiting the Colts today.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2830785

1) I think most of us would agree that the Colts need to come out of the draft with a good option at WR and that 34 is the first place they should consider it.
2) I wonder if the Colts are driving some of these rumors. If Simmons is still on the board after Round 1, this type of rumor could push either the Cardinals or a team trading up to 33 to target a WR.
Mis-information, can’t trust anything you hear right now. They could go WR, RB, Dline, Secondary. Lots to choose from. But at 34 should be most the the receivers on the board. I see a run in the 2nd on WRs since I don’t predict many, if any at all, going in the first.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I agree.

FWIW, of the teams he has visited, Brian Burns thought the Colts have displayed the most interest so far.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-brian-burns/
Seahawks want to trade down. I just don’t see him making it to 26, or making it past Baltimore really.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Seahawks want to trade down. I just don’t see him making it to 26, or making it past Baltimore really.
Could all be moot if the Dolphins take him at 13.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Could all be moot if the Dolphins take him at 13.
Yup, I can see him really coveted by 3-4 teams. I think Jaylon Ferguson is more realistic for us. Or Omenihu in the 2nd, or even the TCU guys later on.

Ferrel seems all over the place. but come draft day I have a hard time seeing him fall either.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:13 PM

Thanked 1,672 Times in 800 Posts

Here is the big full mock draft conducted at reddit:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lac/edit#gid=0

They assembled GMs and war rooms for each team and did a full mock, with trades and all.
Here's a summary of what the Colts did:
TRADE - Colts trade 1.26 to Bills for 2.40, 4.112, 2020 2nd Round Pick

We didn't like any of the players left on board at 26 (and I'm a big proponent of trading down from our spot as any player I think the Colts would target will be there at 34. We had dueling offers from Arizona and the Bills, but Bills came back with the 2020 2nd and that sealed the deal.

Round 2, Pick 34 - Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

We got a player on our board that we really liked. He is the best 1T in the draft and we got him in the 2nd round. Entire WR was thrilled with this pick. We actually had a slew of targets available to us, but we settled on our biggest need and the clear best player at the position. Very happy with this one.

Round 2, Pick 40 - A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

This pick was a bit debated in what we wanted, but we ended up not wanting to pass on arguably the best WR in the draft at pick 40. The Colts have met with him and he provides Slot/Outside versatility and is a great overall player. Thrilled to be getting him at pick 40.

Round 2, Pick 59 - Oshane Ximines, EDGE, Old Dominion

EDGE went very fast in this draft, and we didn't want to miss out on the best one on board. He's a great pick that can develop behind Sheard and Houston to start opposite Turay in a year. He more fits the mold of Sheard and provides us a guy with power that has some speed to him. This pick almost ended up being DeAndre Baker, but the Texans took him 4 picks before us. Still thrilled to have him.

Round 3, Pick 89 - Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky

Happy about this pick too. A CB with all the tools to succeed in the NFL. Our target here was Love, but he went a few picks before us. We didn't need a CB to start immediately this year, so taking someone like Johnson that we can develop was good enough for us. He has also met with the Colts, which is another checkmark in his corner. Very pleased with this pick. Side note, we almost drafted David Montgomery here, but felt the value wasn't really there at RB to do that.

Round 4, Pick 112 - Marquise Blair, S, Utah

We were very happy with this pick. We wanted to get a S and were throwing around names, and we realized Blair was still there. He's tall, got good speed, loves to hit, and loves the game. Everything we could ask for. He played all kinds of positions for Utah, which we liked. We get a player who doesn't have to play right away, can contribute on ST, and will end up contributing at SS in the future.

TRADE Colts give 4.129, Washington gives 5.173, 5.175, 2020 7th

We didn't have too many targets in this round and Washington offered a good value for pick 129, so we jumped on it. It ended up working out for both teams in the end.

Round 4, Pick 135 - Michael Jordan, G/T, Ohio State

We all wanted some OL depth and were glad someone like him fell. He gives us Tackle and Guard versatility, and gives us more depth on the OL. Great pick here for us.

Round 5, Pick 164 - Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffallo

We really wanted to come out of this draft with a backup QB to develop for when Brissett leaves. We all love us some Brisket, but he deserves an opportunity to start somewhere and that wasn't going to happen here. Jackson gives us a QB with some potential to develop, and Reich is the guy to do that. We were scared he'd go in the 4th, but getting him in the mid 5th is a steal for us.

Round 5, Pick 173 - Ryquell Armstead, RB, Temple

Really happy with this one. We wanted another RB with some power behind him, and we got that in Armstead. He always falls forward, and is willing to push the pile. He's got good feet and vision, and is reliable in the run game. Great pick for us and should be a good contributor in the RBBC for us.

Round 6, Pick 175 - Dakota Allen, LB, Texas Tech

We really wanted some LB depth in this draft, and Allen is a good player. He's had some issues, but I believe that is all past him and he's a talented player. He'll contribute on ST off the bat and can potentially come in and compete for starting reps at SAM.

Round 6, Pick 199 - Alize Mack, TE, Notre Dame

This is more of a developmental pick than anything. We don't have any TE under contract after next year, and I have a feeling one of Doyle or Ebron is going to be leaving. I'm not sold on any of the other players we have as long term starters, so we take a player here who has potential to develop into something serviceable as a TE2.

Round 7, Pick 240 - David Sills V, WR, West Virginia

We were shocked he made it here. Doubling up on WR just made sense, with the weak depth that we have. All about competition, and he was a reliable target for Will Grier at his time in WV. Cain is a 6th round pick, Rogers is a UDFA with drop issues, Fountain couldn't crack the roster, and Pascal is nothing to write home about. More competition, and could develop into something. Great value in the 7th and couldn't pass it up.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:21 PM

Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,225 Posts

That would be a terrible draft.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (04-15-2019), VeveJones007 (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 04:27 PM

Thanked 1,672 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
That would be a terrible draft.
Yea, I'd say worthy of a B- grade at best. Likely production coming from the first 2 picks, with everyone else being depth or developmental. Certainly underwhelming compared to the impact of last year's draft class.