ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Who do you want at 15?
Quinyon Mitchell 6 26.09%
Laiatu Latu 1 4.35%
Jared Verse 1 4.35%
Dallas Turner 2 8.70%
Terrion Arnold 2 8.70%
Brian Thomas Jr. 2 8.70%
Adonai Mitchell 0 0%
Trade Up (Include for whom in a post) 1 4.35%
Trade Down (Include explanation in a post) 5 21.74%
Other (Include explanation in a post) 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2024, 06:13 PM

Thanked 1,570 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
Arnold, but most decisions here aren't going to bother me. I'm fine if the Colts trade back a bit, or trade up a bit for a guy like Bowers or Nabors or whoever.

Also don't care that much if they draft Mitchell over Arnold. Any good CB would be huge though, and if they stay at #15 I hope they get one of them.
I also went Arnold, but I'd be fine with whoever. Mitchell seems much more athletic, but I believe I read he played mostly man in college, and I don't know if the Colts defense would fit his strengths.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:22 PM

I would argue that once you have a guy who can play man coverage at an elite level, then you are able to change your defensive schemes to suit and it makes life a lot easier for the remaining 10 defenders. If you don't have someone capable of being a shut down corner then of course you can't try to play that style of defense. I am not saying that Mitchell is at that calibre yet though, he hasn't played a single snap in the NFL.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:37 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Suggs was a 6.48 ras
Latu is a 9.3
If he is off his board it’s not for lack of athletiscm.

And we could have potentially three DEs with contracts ending next off season.
I'm sorry I should have clarified. If he's off of Ballard's board it is because of past injury concerns.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (04-17-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 11:18 AM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

As typical, I'm behind the curve catching up on the draft class compared to a lot of you guys. Been watching more lately and I honestly would be happy with a half-dozen of these kids.

Big picture (tell me if I'm wrong): for being smack dab in the middle of the 1st, there's a solid chance we luck out insofar as other teams will be drafting positions we don't necessarily need. Namely: QB and OL.

From what I keep reading, in the 14 picks ahead of us, there is a realistic chance that 8-10 of them go to QB and OL. Ostensibly, that could mean as few as 4 guys we might want going off the board before we pick.

That also means (to some fans' horror), plenty of opportunity to move back and still get a guy they like. Total toss-up to me between multiple guys and trading back.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-09-2024), IndyNorm (04-10-2024), Racehorse (04-09-2024), YDFL Commish (04-09-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 06:39 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I'm sorry I should have clarified. If he's off of Ballard's board it is because of past injury concerns.
Gotcha, that's what I thought as well. But I heard on NFL radio that his medicals from the combine all came back positive and there doesn't seem to be an issue.
Old 04-13-2024, 08:56 AM

If Ballard was a serious suiter for Hunter, he knows he needs a REAL pass rusher, so if Verse or Latu are still available at 15, then one of them should absolutely, without a doubt, it's a no brainer, be the pick !!! JMO though.
Old 04-13-2024, 10:17 AM

Thanked 1,346 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
If Ballard was a serious suiter for Hunter, he knows he needs a REAL pass rusher, so if Verse or Latu are still available at 15, then one of them should absolutely, without a doubt, it's a no brainer, be the pick !!! JMO though.
To play a little devil's advocate, AR needs weapons in the passing game, which IMO will make it tough to pass on Bowers and/or BTJ if either is there at 15.

Also, based on the stats it looks like Verse disappeared for stretches during this past season. I didn't watch much of FSU this year, so could be that the stats are misleading. Of course Ballard has never really considered college production in his draft evaluation, so there's that too.
Old 04-13-2024, 10:22 AM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
As typical, I'm behind the curve catching up on the draft class compared to a lot of you guys. Been watching more lately and I honestly would be happy with a half-dozen of these kids.

Big picture (tell me if I'm wrong): for being smack dab in the middle of the 1st, there's a solid chance we luck out insofar as other teams will be drafting positions we don't necessarily need. Namely: QB and OL.

From what I keep reading, in the 14 picks ahead of us, there is a realistic chance that 8-10 of them go to QB and OL. Ostensibly, that could mean as few as 4 guys we might want going off the board before we pick.

That also means (to some fans' horror), plenty of opportunity to move back and still get a guy they like. Total toss-up to me between multiple guys and trading back.
Good point. So let's do the math.

Likely to be picked in the top 14:

4 QB's
3 WR's
3 EDGE
2 OT's
1 TE
1 CB
Old 04-13-2024, 10:50 AM

Thanked 1,346 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Good point. So let's do the math.

Likely to be picked in the top 14:

4 QB's
3 WR's
3 EDGE
2 OT's
1 TE
1 CB
Well that would suck since probably Bowers, BTJ, Verse, Latu, Turner, and either Q Mitchell or Arnold would all be gone. Guessing if that's how it plays out we either take whoever's left between Q Mitchell/Arnold or more likely trade down.

Edit: He hasn't been brought up for awhile, so I forgot about Odunze. So under Commish's scenario I would take BTJ.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 04-13-2024 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2024, 01:23 PM

Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,488 Posts

So, just curious, who is the one guy that could fall to #15 that you would be irate for a trade down (barring some sort of unrealistic trade, like a 3 first rounders this and next year).

Like this mock draft has Brock Bowers falling to the Colts. While I don't think it will play out this way, it seems at least in the realm of possibility:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...bs-go-round-1/

If Ballard trades out of the 15 with Bowers on the board for like a 23 and a 41, I'll be upset. I get the "more bites of the apple" philosophy, but sometimes it's better to have one bigger bite.

That said, if it's a guy like Terrion Arnold (who I like and want them to draft), I'll be less upset. Probably Bowers and one of the top 3 WRs (who won't likely be there) are it for me, and Dallas Turner (I don't even want an Edge rusher really, but I won't hate it especially if it's him).
Racehorse (04-13-2024)